Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Searching for reading material

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Snicklefritz65, Nov 20, 2021.

1. redo32

redo32

2. goldmountain

goldmountain

As to other threads found here; check out "who's building a T?" and "the bucket of ugly". On youtube; "the car that ate my brain". For reading material, try "Ed Roth's Mysterion" by Jeffrey A. Jones; available o Amazon. Has absolutely nothing to do with T buckets, but a great book.

Snicklefritz65 likes this.
  3. goldmountain

goldmountain

Came up with another crazy idea. Get on Ebay and track down one of those 1/8th scale hot rod models like Monogram's "Big T" or the Lindberg Line "Bobtail T" and measure all the critical dimensions and multiply by 8. Depending on how accurate they scaled these, it might work.

4. as it happens i do have those blueprints. i'll have to dig them out again for another look.

5. my window for reference is roughly '65 to '67. i have most of the mags that cover the '67 build with maybe one or two missing. they also did a build in i think '65. having them in a concise book like above would be neat though. they did a good job covering things, better than some books, but i know there are other questions i will or do have. such as how to figure out ride height and choose springs to get the desired stance; how to determine where to weld axle spring mounts based on a given spring... that sort of thing.

6. i've admired that car for years. it's interesting to track the progression of trends. i plan on going with ball joints but by the mid-60s lots of guys were using heim joints. also, it seems pie crusts were on their way out by '68 when slick technology made some serious strides. i want pie crust cheaters real bad.

7. i'm kinda familiar with chip's t if that's what you're referring to but i gotta re-visit. i'll also check out "who's building a t" so thanks for the heads up.

the model idea might help me figuring out the stance.

8. indyjps

indyjps

Check your local library, they usually have a lot of these. AND if you ask for help to use interlibrary loan program they can get you about anything from other locations.

Example: the smokey yunick books have been sold out for a long time and resellers are asking a lot. My library got me what I wanted with a little time. I don't need to own them.

9. i remember my college library had some of the most interesting books on automotive history and engineering. nothing too useful for hot rodding but they were wonderful very old books conveniently located in a back part where i could read all afternoon, instead of doing credit-based study, and not be disturbed. i hope they're still there but i wished i had pinched them.

10. indyjps

indyjps

Interlibrary Loan. You have access to about any title, just may take a while to come in.

11. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

There's a build for a really nicely done T on '32rails & another , something about Tim & a T . If you use the usual buggy spring up front , they generally only compress 1 1/2 - 2" ccr's plans will give you some insight . It's generally weigh about the same on both ends , very close to 1000# . I don't know what you want to use in the rear ? Setting the bat wings takes some jigging get them right .

12. i've got an 8 inch ford. setting the lateral angle of the rear radius rod brackets has me wondering. i see some mounted close to the backing plates on some cars, closer inboard on others. i'm thinking i'll do a spring behind the axle most likley.

when i have time to just dive in i gotta track down some similar t builds here. and, re-read chip's "de-ugly" thread. i know he's (still, come on chip!) got coil overs in back but there's a lot of good info in his project if i recall.