Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Your worst car insult by someone

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hudson48, Nov 20, 2021.

1. I find it interesting how upset people get about comments directed towards their cars but have no problem running down others cars….

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
    Wowcars, lostone, Okie Pete and 13 others like this.
  2. 327Eric

327Eric

Don't particularly care enough to listen

Shalamo, 29A-V8, lostone and 4 others like this.

3. Yeah, I'd be embarrassed to be seen in that old car too.... NOT!!!

4. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When I have the time and patience, I try to gently explain to folks that among some less friendly people, the term rat rod is considered to be fighting words, and they ought not use it.

Also,

No matter what I am driving or riding, invariably someone in will tell me that I should paint it flat black, and put red wheels on it.

5. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

Yes Danny , in Mid-Year 34's had a Trunk , opening like a brief case. early 34's didn't have it . D Mc
    IMG_0634.JPG

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
    ffr1222k, Okie Pete, i.rant and 5 others like this.
  6. CruZer

CruZer

We used to have a friend who had a couple of Hudson’s. We used to call them” Wanna be Mercs.”

Boneyard51 and Deuces like this.
  7. “When ya gonna paint it” my response “it has paint already, you just can’t duplicate this level of ugly”
    “Why didn’t ya use a Ford engine” my response “why does it need one”
    “Needs a 12 valve” my response “it’s got 16 valves”
    “Why’s it sit so low” my response “I have bad knees, helps me get in out easier.

random drunk at a show “why is this here”
    My response “I don’t know, I was just looking for a good parking space”

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
  8. WDobos

WDobos

It's not a hearse,but it did deliver coffin nails ! It was an L&M cigarette truck

Shalamo, ffr1222k, Okie Pete and 4 others like this.
  9. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

same thing her with my 55 plymouth driver..my daughter was embarassed to be seen in it,,she wanted me to drop her off 1 block from school..i refused..her friends thought it was cool.....

clem, Shalamo, lemondana and 5 others like this.
  10. Usually said out of earshot . . . "I wouldn't drive that car to a dog fight!"
    :p

11. That's a good one, I must remember that!:)

mad mikey and Deuces like this.
  12. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I can relate. I picked up my youngest daughter from school one day when she was in the eighth grade. At the time I had a really clean '79 Ranchero Squire, lowered and with "Tru-Spokes" (c'mon guys, it really looked cool).

She later asked me not to pick here up again driving that "station wagon truck".

13. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Some guy telling me my meticulously restored Porsche 356 was "just like a Volkswagen". Now, I like Beetles but there is no comparison.

14. Sometimes I walk up to a 32 owner and say “that’s a real nice model A”

lostone, Okie Pete, clem and 12 others like this.
  15. Lil32

Lil32

I often get asked "what color is it"
    I tell them it is green
    Had one fellow who got nasty, "I want to paint my ... that color, I will bring
    my painter down and he will take a sample "
    F..wit
    ETba12_1894_p.jpg

16. Isnt a Porsche,

Just a VW with lock washers?

17. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No. But you would have to drive one to understand. ;):D

VANDENPLAS, Budget36 and Deuces like this.
  18. MCjim

MCjim
    from soCal

Think I may be bending the rules, but here goes...sitting on my old Panhead chopper at a local cruise, I am wearing a shabby old Triumph sweatshirt, some guy role playing a '60s greazer: Dope Triumph, bro...

19. SOHC427

SOHC427

Mean, but Classic.... Man, that Paint, is Drier then your Mom....

20. Ever walk up to a 40 ford and tell the owner “nice beetle”

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  21. Deuces

Deuces

Some folks just don't get it....

Okie Pete, VANDENPLAS and mad mikey like this.
  22. fourspd2quad

fourspd2quad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

23. Ever compliment a guys engine by saying “dude, you must of bought every chrome accessory Autozone had”

24. Biggest insult came from the state of Calif DMV/air resource board folks sending me a letter saying they"d like to offer me $1,000 for my 32 Ford PU as part of their program to get old cars off the road.

25. Guthrie1068

Guthrie1068

I like to park my car and sit away from it just far enough to hear comments. My favorite one was by a 7-8 year old boy with his dad, he said, "why is THAT here?". Still cracks me up...

mad mikey and Deuces like this.
  26. Ever walk out of a store or restaurant and find a “we buy junk cars” business card on your ride?

27. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

One I use on a regular basis... "I've scrapped better cars than this.".

28. Guthrie1068

Guthrie1068

Oh man, my wife just reminded me of another one! We were at the first Roadkill Nights event at the M1 Concourse with the same car I mentioned above. We were getting ready to leave and there was a group of guys walking by that came over to check out my car when they noticed it. They were really into it and going on about how cool it was when my niece (who rode to the show with us) says in the most respectful way possible, "I don't understand what's so cool about your car Chad." I just said, "I know. It's ok."

lemondana, lostone, Okie Pete and 3 others like this.
  29. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Many years ago, I had the hood open at a cruise night showing some guy the 383 Chrysler in my 57 Ford. Some dude walks up, apparently never considering that that car could belong to the 20 years old kid standing there, taps me on the shoulder and goes, "Look at this, a Mopar in a Ford. That's worse than being GAY! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" He very sheepishly walked off when he realized he was talking shit to the car owner.

ffr1222k, Okie Pete, bobss396 and 4 others like this.
  30. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

About 25? years ago I had really nice black 58 Biscayne 2 door, slick paint, nice interior, 283/glide with nice pipes and a PG. A friend of my daughter at the time (10 yrs old?) needed a ride home so we hopped in the 58 and she crawled under the dash so no one would see her in an old car:( All she knew was stick and ball (sports) and that she didn't like to ride in an old car.

Okie Pete, mad mikey and Deuces like this.