Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Your worst car insult by someone

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hudson48, Nov 20, 2021.

1. prpmmp

prpmmp

Went to a stamp collectors show and a guy had a 1919 stamp in a case,I asked Him if it was a forever stamp! He just looked at me,Some people are just Rude!! Pete

clem, Truck64, Okie Pete and 5 others like this.
  2. fourspd2quad

fourspd2quad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Run open headers.;)

Okie Pete, Lil32, Deuces and 2 others like this.
  3. Joe Troilo

Joe Troilo

Even car people need some education. Recently a fellow driving an old car ask me what company made my body. When I said Ford he looked confused.
    IMG_6142.jpg

4. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

I agree.
    I had an idiot argue with me that my 32 3 Window was a 34 because of the suicide doors.
    He should have known better as he was driving a 32 tudor but then again he bought it and didn,t build it

Okie Pete, Lil32, Deuces and 2 others like this.
  5. Slopok

Slopok

A guy once said my uncle had a Hudson just like yours but it didn't have the big fire sticker! o_O
    IMG_3090.JPG

clem, ffr1222k, Okie Pete and 12 others like this.
  6. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Had a guy argue with me that my'34 pickup was a '32. "Just look at the grille, you can tell" :confused:

7. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I get the “ Hearse or Hurst” thing all the time with my wagon! 2E33C2DC-612B-467B-9AC1-046A1630CB48.jpeg

Bones

8. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

While someone looking at my avatar….”I wouldn’t change a thing”

Okie Pete and Boneyard51 like this.
  9. Budget36

Budget36

Not an insult, but I fondly remember when I was 17 or 18 and had the hood up on my ‘57, neighbor kid, about 10-12 years old had climbed up the fence watching me.
    “You sure you have a big enough carburetor on the truck”? -I had two stacked air learners). I still smile when I think about it.

clem, Okie Pete and Boneyard51 like this.
  10. 6sally6

6sally6

Heard an old fella once talking about his V-6 GMC truck..........
    "That thang didn't have enough torque to pull a greasy string out of a bucket of lard!"
    6sally6

40two, dan c, lostone and 7 others like this.
  11. Aaron65

Aaron65
    from Michigan

Yesterday, coming home from dinner in my '65 Dart wagon (which is a bit of a beater), some dude in a big hurry was tailgating me off the freeway when I was coming into town and turning onto my street. He rolled down the window and screamed "Move your piece of shit" and honked the horn. I don't find it insulting because it is kind of a piece of shit, but I thought it was funny. Some people are in such a hurry.

billybones, Okie Pete, Lil32 and 4 others like this.
  12. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Pulled up to City Hall to vote, as an elderly woman was coming out the door.
    As I pulled in the parking place and shut off my car, she stopped and stared at it.
    When I got out of it, she said "What is wrong with that car....it doesn't sound safe, and I sure would never ride in it"
    I chuckled and just told her to have nice day.
    Out of fairness to her, it does have a fairly aggressive cam, gear drive, and Smitty's mufflers... lol

Attached Files:

13. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Few years ago at my bank, I parked my F100, got out, and locked the drivers door. Some unscrubbed 40-or-50 year old in coveralls and a bucket hat yells, "Hey! The doors still lock on that old truck?"
    When I started into the door of the bank, I turned around to look...Heck, the truck had some primer showing through, but still looked...desireable...

14. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Lately at Walmart, same '55 F100, I started the engine (very 'lopey', also muffled, but 'deep & throaty')
    Some guy that looks like a freshly polished math teacher walks up and asks if this vehicle is 'SMOG LEGAL'!
    This guy, I suggested 'stand behind it, and I'll show you...'

15. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

I’m not sure of this being fact myself or not , but I think there were 2 body manufactures for Ford in the early years ,Briggs and Murray .

16. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Now Tony, you do remember those '40 lookalike hoods for V-Dubs.

dan c, ffr1222k, Okie Pete and 3 others like this.
  17. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

Planned obsolescence right there

18. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

The same guy that did Not like my Decklid on the 33 at the Car Show , was there with his Brother-in-Law , they asked me where I was from , I told them at that time I had a small shop in Concord , Calif. So mouthy guy says , Do you know Art Himsl , I said yes, I do. He tells me Art is a Prima Donna who wouldn't paint his car , I told him Art is a Great guy , He will work for ya if he likes you. The Bro-in-law turned sideways and giggled.
    Himsl-Haas.jpg

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
  19. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

An old guy (older than me, at the time), walks around my Avatar truck and says "nice truck but how come it's so low?" I said "Aw, the suspensions shot" "Oh, still a nice truck"

20. Yes :(
    I used to see a particular blue one on a semi regular basis in the 70's. Them and mostly Baja Bug versions.
    By the early 80's they were all getting their roofs cut off to make 'convertibles.' I wonder what happened to them all?

Anyway my incident was in the early 90's and the little girls next door had no idea about such evil things.

Okie Pete, Boneyard51 and mad mikey like this.
  21. Dave, correct me if I am wrong, I am not a authority on the 33/34 Fords but didn't the 34 Vicky have a trunk? HRP

22. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Rat rod, chitty chitty bang bang, dune buggy are just a few I’ve gotten with my 26 T modified

Okie Pete likes this.
  23. Nah, just bad at math....

24. tim troutman

tim troutman

at the nationals accouple of years ago walking up to my 55 T bird heard a guy say somebody sure fuc*ed that one up. made me laugh 20210919_145719[1].jpg

25. tim troutman

tim troutman

20211014_193315[1].jpg View attachment 5236943 was at the hardware store was driving the 41 convert someone comes in says whos driving the cool old car outside . I think he is talking about me but he is not . there was a poorly painted Chevette outside View attachment 5236943 that he was talking about

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
    clem, Okie Pete and mad mikey like this.
  26. A customer of mine that was a custom but O/'T car guy sent me photos that I needed via email. At some point in our messages, I sent him a pix of my 1950 Chevy panel truck, profile, from the side.
    He thought it was a Chevy *HHR. :confused:

*If you don't get it.... look it up.

27. tim troutman

tim troutman

that thing would look good on a 4 wheel drive chassis 20210829_194434[1].jpg

28. Before my avatar was orange, it was root beer metallic with pinstriped flames. Old guy asked me why I had worm tracks all over my car.

29. Deuces

Deuces

I hate those cars... :rolleyes:

Lil32 likes this.
  30. tim troutman

tim troutman

daughter was having a sleepover next morning wife and kids were going shopping . when they went to leave the wifes cars battery was dead so they drove to were I worked at the time in my 40 coupe to get my truck . wife said the girl was acting funny found out later she was embarrassed to be in such an old car 100_0103_resized.jpg