Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Quotes to live by...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boneyard51, Apr 2, 2018.

1. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

2. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Or,
    Drag Racing, The only sport where you spend 10's of thousands of dollars to impress people you don't even know.

Dave Mc and Boneyard51 like this.
  3. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

Keep laughing dead, people don't laugh

Boneyard51 likes this.
  4. When I wax a kid on the farm I always had to help string an snap green beans every year, one time I ask my grandma's why I had to do this I didn't even like green beans and she said "they'll taste better than snow balls this winter"

Boneyard51 likes this.
  5. Donut Dave

Donut Dave

Automotive Swap Meet:
    A place you go to impress people you don’t know, spend money you don’t have on things you don’t need!

chevy57dude and Boneyard51 like this.
  6. Jones St.

Jones St.

This one was is taken w a y serious w/the invention of the internet/social media thingy'z. marktwain1-2x.jpg

'40 Coupe Fan, Dave Mc and Boneyard51 like this.
  7. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

Dad said " Every move you make should accomplish something , if you're going back to the toolbox to get something , take a tool back you no longer need out "

Boneyard51 and firstinsteele like this.
  8. verde742

verde742

Garage : the place I keep my stuff, while I go to garage sales to get other peoples' stuff.

Boneyard51, 29A-V8 and Lepus like this.
  9. oldsman41

oldsman41

My dads favorite was shit or get off the pot. And I can fix about anything but I can’t fix stupid.

Ace61 and Boneyard51 like this.
  10. My dad's a pistol and I'm a son of a gun.

Boneyard51 likes this.
  11. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Never call a cowboy gay no matter how pink his shirt is.

In 1992 got smacked by a HUGE FBI in Craig Colorado doing just that after getting an ear full about my long hair. I was very lucky he only hit me once.

Boneyard51 and 29A-V8 like this.
  12. 29A-V8

29A-V8
    from wyoming

when I was doing something stupid as a kid, like trying to stick my barlow knife straight up and down in the ground. Dad would shake his head and say
    " you might as well pound sand down a rat hole"

Boneyard51 likes this.
  13. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

No gas, no squeegee...

tr_rodder and Boneyard51 like this.
  14. 29A-V8

29A-V8
    from wyoming

I had a similar experience with a rather large FBI in Montana. After I said to myself "self what the hell did you do that for ya dumb ass!!!"

Boneyard51 likes this.
  15. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

was dating a bar babe , she was nice , had a bunch of laughs...when we would part and exchange niceties.. shed end the encounter with.. go fuck yourself..

Boneyard51 likes this.
  16. verde742

verde742

you know your advancing in age when yer morning pill box reminds you what day it is

After an argument with my wife, she finally came to me crawling on all fours,
    And said: "Come out from under that bed, you scared bastard !"
    We really NEVER argue,
    I have let her WIN a few discussions tho..

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
    R A Wrench, Boneyard51, X-cpe and 3 others like this.
  17. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ain’t that the truth! 7C5AD61B-10B4-40A5-A90B-B89D7A934D13.jpeg

verde742, R A Wrench and Boneyard51 like this.
  18. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Or when you look at the pill box, but have to check the phone to see if you already took todays pills or not!

19. verde742

verde742

LOL and on Sunday Morning ya always git the big thick paper,

Grandkids ask : What's a paper?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
    Boneyard51 likes this.
  20. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2021-11-26_4-36-59.png

Hello,

Our journey due to the pandemic was crazy. The restrictions were ok as we knew there was a way that those old times had their share of pandemic blues and a long time to get rid of the effects. These days, it is not all of us that are supporting the fight against the pandemic and to make it go away. It is a national health issue, like polio, small pox and the different varieties of the flu that has/had caused the USA to step back and see how to get rid of it.

So, during this past, pandemic difficult times, we have chosen to find cool little places that help keep the good vibes going, adding in the calming effect of the coastal blue waters and views for my wife and me to feel ok about the difficulties we all are facing.

Thinking back to the waters directly below this view landing area, (before the breakwater jetty and harbor) it was a struggle to ride a wave into the bay. Then, paddle out on the long distance back through the countless waves coming toward the shore. We could have walked up the rocky shoreline, but then the paddle out would have been right into the breaking wave take off point. Not a good scenario, so the long paddle was the way to get back out for more enjoyment.

When the waves were large and the white water was a big long wall heading toward the paddling surfers, me included, it was a struggle. So, I could see it being one of the slogans for this view point for those that once surfed the point and experienced some huge encounters. (and in life...)

Jnaki

It is a So Cal thing and is similar to the common slogan: “When the going gets tough…” that we have seen countless times.

“Even when life seems uncertain, keep paddling…”

@Irish Mike
    This one is for all So Cal locals that frequent the ocean waters along the coastline... Stay Safe.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    Boneyard51 likes this.
  21. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

You're DERN right!!

Boneyard51 and juan motime like this.
  22. jnaki

jnaki

“The hard times define us and how we use the memory of it, defines our future.”

Hello,

My wife and I have lived a long time together. But at our age, thinking back as teenagers, it was a rocket to the Mars and back, if that time ever came around. We looked at old folks and thought we would never end up in that category. Teenage dreams and lives were confused and wonderful at the same time. The exploratory 20 something days started to define where we were headed as individuals.

But, what we did back then, learned a thing or two about getting along with others, following the rules and being a part of society must have worked. We did not cave into the political scene, but lived our lives as it mattered to us, as 20 somethings. Now, we were cautious about what was being said and done all over the USA and still stayed away from politics.

As young 20 somethings living together and not having an infusion of cash was eye opening. We still had things we wanted to do, but were limited to what we had. We had made an offer to buy an old wooden house on the sand in Orange County at a price of $35000. That was all we could scrape up and with some extra funds from my parents.

But, we lost the bidding war due to not being able to go up to challenge the next bid. It would have been an equivalent to an inflation calculator, a $278,000 house on the sand in 2021. Unheard of in these high dollar areas.

We wanted to go on vacations, but were limited to what income we could come up with as recent college grads. We even considered working as a couple of child caretakers/nanny and a driver/mechanic for the stable of cars that a family would have. Money was always short and times were not getting any better in our society from 1968 to 70. The whole world was going through some tough times and our era folks just were a small part of that history.

Jnaki

The thing that we both acknowledged was that together, we would do as much as we could in different fields to support our lives. Mechanics, photographer, surf industry sales and shaping/glassing, etc seemed like a mild way to survive.

At one time, the rent on our house was half of what was coming in, but we struggled to keep our heads afloat. We did change our way of thinking to make things easier to survive. Drove old cars, did not dine out weekly and shopped at discount food places. We had different sources of income and made ends meet.
    upload_2021-12-3_4-55-49.png
    So, the struggles with our lives are not as great as some other people, but there were enough to alter how we looked at ourselves, our outside expenditures and of course, hot rodding took a big hit. Like, no money was spent on extra curricular items. Only to keep our daily drivers running well.

Our future was on its way to being somewhat stable and it has survived to this day, as a family of three and then now back to being a couple of old folks doing what needs to be done. We adapted to all things as a couple with similar ideas and understandings.

My wife and I finally decided that we could have outbid that cost for the first house on the sand. At the time, we did not realize that down the line, in the future, our income would increase and would be able to afford it. But, to play it safe, with our young lives, we declined to borrow anymore money.

For us, as we look back, we would not have it any other way. It was meant to happen as it did and we just grew from that point together as 20 somethings and into the future.

“The hard times define us and how we use the memory of it, defines our future.”

Currently, with the pandemic playing games with everyone, including us old folks, our future is set. We will adjust to the difficulties and move along to see what the next generations of our family, do with their lives. YRMV

'28phonebooth and Boneyard51 like this.
  23. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

JNAKI, you mentioned looking at old people and thinking of never being one, well old people were old back then! At least in Oklahoma! I remember seeing my grandfather, an old broken down farmer at age 68! He had worked all his life, a lot of it behind a horse and plow! He had retired and just sit around in old people clothes and smoked his pipe, watching life and his life fade away!
    I am now two years older than my grandfather was at that time. I throw parties, just went to Arkansas for five days four wheeling, am planning a trip to alas Vegas, just got back from a drag race and we are building a bomber class race car for next year…..with me as the driver! And a few other things!
    Age is just a state of mind! ( and I had a real easier life ,than my grandfather)

Bones

BJR, Truckdoctor Andy and jnaki like this.
  24. verde742

verde742

my nabor who is approaching an older age 69, Had a bull that wouldn't breed, he had the vet come out and determined the bull needed meds, twice a day, a pill put in his food. Well the bull became active, and took on the horse, a donkey, and even tried for the goat.

I ask, in jest, what did the pill taste like? He replied seriously: Kinda "MINTED"
    Well that the key word in the close neighbor hood, is "KINDA MINTED"

BTW: tuff times don't last, tuff people do...

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
    Boneyard51 likes this.
  25. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

"Anonymous American proverb; since 1998 this has often been attributed to Mark Twain on the internet, but no contemporary evidence of him ever using it has been located."

dont-believe-everything-you-see-on-the-internet-einstein-1936.jpg

tr_rodder likes this.

26. Very well said, and a great attitude/outlooks. Thanks for posting this!

jnaki and Boneyard51 like this.
  27. If it doesn't make it run better, CHROME it !

28. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

How many times have you heard people say,"you can't fix stupid?" of course you can, the problem is the fix is permanent and eternal

Boneyard51 and TrailerTrashToo like this.
  29. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

On thr "fixing stupid" question : there have been times that murder has been considered, however, prior to "following-through", please remember : The after-event "required paperwork" is a REAL BITCH!!

Boneyard51, 210superair and X-cpe like this.
  30. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

Duct tape muffles the sound...

tiredford and coneman like this.