Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects (Mostly) DB/Mopar Roadster Build or... Hodgepodge Dodge

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rickybop, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Guy Patterson

Guy Patterson

Different addition but haven't had a drink in 37 years and it still has a pull but no you will win

brEad, Stogy, twenty8 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You guys are the best. Thanks a lot.
    Thank you, @Guy Patterson Congratulations. You kick ass. You rock. You too, @twenty8. I especially listen to those of you who have real experience. Your words help. My dad stopped drinking about 1966. Went to AA the rest of his life. Raised 10 kids... a loving and responsible father and husband.

Jeez...
    I don't drink.
    I don't smoke.
    I don't swear.
    I'm practically fkn perfect now.
    Oops.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
  3. twenty8

twenty8

You will always have one bad vice. You are still a hot rodder..........Don't ever give that one up.:D

Stogy, Guy Patterson and Rickybop like this.
  4. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Seems to me like maybe I've been presented a fairly ominous choice.

Quit smoking and maybe actually be able to build and have a hot rod roadster and do some other things.
    Or...
    Stop even thinking about doing all that other stuff and smoke all the cigarettes I want.

oliver westlund and Stogy like this.
  5. twenty8

twenty8

Piss-easy choice. Get your head into that hot little roadster, and make your Sandy proud. You know what she would have wanted you to do.....
    I know...........I have a Sandy too.

Rickybop, Stogy and Guy Patterson like this.
  6. Guy Patterson

Guy Patterson

Hotrods are the best vice I have ever had an my wife agrees

Rickybop and Stogy like this.
  7. twenty8

twenty8

Inspiration..............

8. twenty8

twenty8

More.....................
    [​IMG]

9. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"D buckets". Cool.

Stogy likes this.
  10. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dammit.

I really really hate to keep sharing bad news with you guys. But it's the truth. Covid finally found its way here to the farm. I've been feeling fluish the last couple days. Tested positive this morning. Going to the hospital tomorrow for an antibody infusion. Come home and rest and hope for the best.

I remember in the movie All is Lost when Robert Redford realizes he can't keep his boat from sinking and let's out a big long "FUUUUUUUUUCK!!!"
    That's about where I'm at.

11. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm telling you...
    If I ever manage to actually build a hot rod, I better name it "Miracle" or something.

oliver westlund, WalkerMD and Stogy like this.
  12. jaxx

jaxx

Hang in there buddy - you will get thru this - I've been fighting cancer for 3 years as of today - 2 years since finishing cemo and radiation treatments - cancer free at this point - but lost so much weight ( 80 lbs. ) and am having a tough time getting back - BUT - I will get back and so will you !!! - We have hot rods to build !!

oliver westlund, brEad, rod1 and 4 others like this.
  13. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You're darn right, @jaxx
    Didn't know about your cancer. 3 years. Dang. See... I'm not in such bad shape.

brEad, WalkerMD and Stogy like this.
  14. gene-koning

gene-koning

It always seems like the troubles gang up on a guy at the same time. Hang in there, it will get better.

I quit smoking and drinking a long time ago. I figured out if I quit doing those things, I'd have more money for hot rod parts! I suspect once you figure out how much the smoking really did cost you a month, you will be able to get the Mostly Dodge to the road much faster. Thinking about the money your not spending on smoking is easier on your body then smashing you nuts every time you want a smoke. That may speed up the healing process. ;)

Another thing that will happen is soon you won't be able to stand the smell of smoking. That also helps a lot. Gene

15. twenty8

twenty8

Jeez @Rickybop , you're certainly having a hard time of it lately. Keep the attitude as positive as you can. It will make all the difference. Prioritise and deal with things as they need to be dealt with. Small bites will soon finish a large meal.

Work on your plans for the rod, lean on us here if you need to, and PUT THE CIGARETTES DOWN.....

Please touch base here regularly so we know you are ok.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
    brEad, Rickybop and Stogy like this.
  16. twenty8

twenty8

I'm backing you to get her done, and that name will be perfect........;)

Rickybop and Stogy like this.
  17. Guy Patterson

Guy Patterson

Miracle, hum a nice name for a hot rod

Stogy likes this.
  18. Rick, this is just another roadblock to test your resolve, you are one amazing individual, you have faced more adversity than most but you have never let it define you,

You are in my thoughts and prayers as always my friend. Danny

Stogy, Rickybop and twenty8 like this.
  19. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What Danny said ^^^
    Keep the Will and the Want-To alive brother. Attitude seems to be so important in fighting off physical setbacks, and yours appears to be positive. Please keep it that way! We’re pulling for you!

Stogy likes this.
  20. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks again, you guys.

Judy is sick, too. I love her but the stubborn bossy old woman figures she's too old and wise to listen to me. She brought this home from vacation last week.

I'm quite concerned but hopeful. I'm 64 with heart issues. She's 84 with lung issues.
    But neither of us seems to be doing so terrible at this point. But it can go south real quick. People catch this and then get better. Or they catch this and get a little better and then crash. I'm at the Detroit VA hospital right now getting an antibodies infusion. Hoping Judy will do the same after speaking with her physician. Administered early enough, it can help avoid the crash.

Stogy likes this.
  21. Well let me say this, I DON'T LIKE THE COLOR OF IT!!!!!!!!! :p :D

I like the idea of a "Hodgepodge Dodge" it gives you a little room to bend and stretch a little bit. This looks fun to me. I really like fun. :cool:

Stogy and Rickybop like this.
  22. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

beaner...
    hee-hee-hee-hee-hee...

"This place is for fun."

oliver westlund likes this.
  23. hallrods

hallrods

Hey Rick,
    I just read your post last night! Wow the good thing is you are tuff all the shit you have been through over the years you got this. I’m praying for you and Judy. As far as your Dodge I’m looking through spare parts to see if I may have something you need. Take care my friend

brEad, Rickybop, twenty8 and 2 others like this.
  24. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@hallrods !!!
    Hey there, Jack old buddy.
    It's been a while.
    Thanks a lot. Glad you stopped by. One of the better examples here of a mopar hot rodder that I know of. You know that I've always enjoyed your blue hemi-powered coupe with its white chassis.

I'm home resting. Still feel like shit. But I think I'm gonna be okay. I'm worried about Judy. Been trying to get people on the stick for her. Time is of the essence and they're dragging their fkn heels. But we finally got her scheduled and she's getting her infusion tomorrow. Then back home, rest, pray for good results.

I want everybody to know...
    Jack is one of a handful of members here who frequently checked on me to make sure I was okay for quite a long time after I lost Sandy.

25. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And oh yeah...
    I definitely need ALL your spare parts, Jack. Every single piece. All of it! Nuts, bolts, wire... :D

brEad, WalkerMD and hallrods like this.
  26. hallrods

hallrods

I believe that infusion really helps. My mother was the first one to get it in Manitowoc county when she had Covid. She also has COPD from 60 plus years of smoking. She healed up fine. Take Zinc and vitamin D build up your immune system. Praying for you and Judy.

Rickybop likes this.
  27. hallrods

hallrods

You are right proportioning your roadster is key. Change it up until your happy with it. I know you’ll get it right! Heal up the car will still be there when your better!

Rickybop likes this.
  28. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
    3 a.m.
    Judy's lung congestion and temperature were increasing. Oxygen level going down. Called the ambulance. She's on the way to the hospital.
    :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

29. twenty8

twenty8

Hang in there. I know it's hard right now, but try to stay as calm as you can. You will be no help to anyone if you let this tip you over. My prayers to you and Judy.

HJmaniac likes this.
  30. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm trying. It's a bit much lately.

twenty8 likes this.