Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Tail Dragging 1940 Ford Coupe, PIC Request

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Crusty Chevy, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Silva

Silva

One of my favorites in that style... valleycustom4.jpg

2. That is nice with Sombreros, shaved boards, drips, handles,(hood?) and trunk with Stude taillights and custom bumper guards.

3. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

I'm not sure what taillights those are, but they aren't Studebaker. Anybody able to identify them?

4. 1940-41 Buick

Mick

BigO and Peanut 1959 like this.
  5. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

6. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

7. dropdead mike

dropdead mike

older thread but lots of cool custom pictures.

Crusty Chevy and stanlow69 like this.
  8. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

not a coupe but the same idea

Attached Files:

9. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Just FYI: this '39 is channeled or sectioned a couple of inches. Notice the height of the hood above the front fenders, compared with the stock bodied cars below it.

Crusty Chevy likes this.
  10. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

That thing is bad ass... wonder where it is now?

Crusty Chevy likes this.
  11. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

I've been toying with the idea of converting my '39 toward a more traditional mild custom... I've got about all the parts I need to do it.

12. Post up a pic

13. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

It looks like this now... kind of a Cal-Rake/ Hot Rod sort of stance which looks pretty good as it is.
    I've thought about changing it to a more mild custom themed look, but have no immediate plans to do so.
    However, taller tires on the front would bring the nose up a click... lower profile tires on the rear would bring it down in back a bit. I've got stock rear fenders with '49 Ford tail lights & spears mounted low just above the bumper, skirts, spots, '49 Plymouth bumpers that I would tuck in closer to the body, gravel pans between the bumpers and body and so forth. If I had a ton of dough, I'd just have two... one of each! Ha-haaa!
    IMG_0340.JPG

14. Nice looking coupe as is. I guess you could get close with tire change and a few bolt on's but to do it right you'd need at minimum lowering blocks in the rear and a stock height front spring and axle. I vote for having a second '40 car. Some days I dream of high horsepower so I can roll with the new muscle out there and not be left sitting at the light watching them pull off and then I realize that I just catch back up to them at the next red light of which there seems to be way too many of around here. Low and Slow., i'm in no hurry

15. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

Yeah, I don't want to use blocks more than the 3" I have on there now. I'd most likely bring the front up just a coil to set it right. But... for now I'll just leave it and dream on!

16. I'd also like to raise the front and drop the rear, +skirts, '41 bumpers, '51 Merc hub caps with trim rings, and maybe a pair of 112's. Kind of like my '36. DSC04005.JPG DSC04008.JPG

17. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

That '36 is sweeet!

18. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

Vern's '40 4 Verne's 40 Ford Custom.jpg 4 Verne's '40 Ford custom.jpg has always appealed to my Tail Draggin' taste; (Credit to him & photographer for a primo shot)