Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Jam packed for winter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Moriarity, Nov 11, 2021.

1. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

I don't see any problem at all with Mark's setup. You do what you gotta do. :D:cool:

Moriarity and SS327 like this.
  2. 1ton

1ton

I'll call that a Remuda.

3. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Had a moped when I was a kid. Rode it to school everyday cause I didn`t want to walk. With snow on the ground and everything.

4. Budget36

Budget36

I assume there’s salt on the winter roads there? Regardless, bad weather means put those treasures inside and under cover.
    Now let’s step into the Twilight Zone.
    Picture a man.
    He’s staring out a window watching the snow fall.
    Picture that man seeing the skies open up and the sun starting to come out as he is looking through the window.
    Now picture a man as he is opening his garage door to drive one of his treasures to the store, the man is ecstatic, he’s been waiting for months for the day.
    Now picture a man who is adjusting his rear view mirror as he’s backing out of the the garage and sees the salt spreader passing by making a white mist.
    You have just entered the Twilight Zone.

5. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

yes, there is salt used. we got a half inch of snow and they already salted. I care way too much about my old cars to ever use them in the salt. I would walk first..... I still don't understand what it is that makes people drive their hot rods on the salt flats.... not me man....

6. fuzzface

fuzzface

I don't know Mark but I think you could squeeze another car in your living room? :)

Nothing like being a single guy. When my now wife stepped into my house the first time she came over she found 3 motorcycles in the house, brand new carbs and intake manifolds in boxes in my bedroom and a used carb tore apart on my kitchen table. didn't scare her away even waking up to welcome to my nightmare the next morning being played way to loud.

I try keeping car stuff out of the house now but I have the same problem in my shop now. I haven't painted a car in years because my paint booth is used as a storage bin for my 56 Olds, 30 Studebaker, 28 Model A and a Satellite convertible. Yep got 4 cars stuffed tight in there and we don't want to talk about the main shop itself.

Friends wonder how I can work in there with it so tight but after working outside and in a 1 car garage many years ago, I am used to it. Even with a 40x 104 toybox and an overflow shed of 40 x 88 I still find myself working on cars outside in the winter.

kidcampbell71 and Moriarity like this.
  7. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5F8EB312-D3B0-400C-8B75-5962B0551097.jpeg EA6B03E4-B317-46D2-9137-EB366B08FE72.jpeg Mark beats most everyone but I have also been playing car tetris lately… :D
    Two more are sitting in the shop and my wife is a little upset because she has to scrape off the ice off her daily in the wintertime…. Oh well, prioritieso_O:D

8. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

There's a reason that ten year old cars are called "antiques" in the "salted roads" states.

TrailerTrashToo and Moriarity like this.
  9. Putting cars way because it's winter what non-sense...:D
    upload_2021-11-16_15-49-35.png upload_2021-11-16_15-51-22.png

Al T, 5window, Sancho and 1 other person like this.