Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Can't figure out why?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GordonC, Nov 15, 2021.

1. rusty valley

rusty valley

One more reason to stay off facebook ! but seriously, it looks like it could be all fiberglass, home made, or butchered up kit car? butt ugly at any rate

samurai mike and Hnstray like this.
  2. When he was still learning maybe.:D They have got progressively uglier as he grew up.:eek: IMO He does have some nice lookin eye candy.:cool:

seb fontana and WB69 like this.
  3. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

4. Crocodile

Crocodile

There is bound to be a special place in Hell for someone that does that. Pretty sure it's down the hall from the people who crush old Fords and tractors.

5. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

I've mixed my fair share of Bondo and would guestimate one 55 gallon drum. Would be a good marker for an "over/under" bet.

At first glance I thought it was a paper mache' stage prop from a kids school play or a parade float.
    Could have been a cake by Buddy the cake boss for Coddington (with Chip Foose climbing out of the cab).

All seriousness aside, the pics seem to show it in disassembly rather than assembly leading me to believe it was actually on the road at one time?
    Would be fun to dress up like a complete doofus and take it to a donuts and coffee and power park it next to a million dollar exotic and watch it get more attention than some guy's Lambo.

Really surprised someone hasn't swiped those Caddy mirrors for their 49-51 Merc !...

6. SS327

SS327

I don’t know, I think it looks fantastic! The sculpter showed great creativity. I’d use that body with a new paint job.

7. gene-koning

gene-koning

Looks like about on par with 1/2 of the Customs that were built in the mid 80s to me.

ekimneirbo likes this.
  8. spanners

spanners

It would make an interesting Gasser:D.

GordonC likes this.
  9. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

could be a fiberglass body, a hacked fiberglass body. I really hope no one goes back to making cars like in the 80s/90/s .

10. redo32

redo32

Yea. Fiberglass. Here's one from that part of the country done with slightly more talent.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

GordonC likes this.
  11. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

See my post....

12. That car was built by Louie Bondolini, the same guy who did the bodywork on my truck apparently. :D:D:D

13. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Slightly like .00001%?

rusty valley and lothiandon1940 like this.
  14. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

It's so hideous, I'm making an exception and breaking my own rule. That was the entire point of my statement.

*loud whooshing sound above you....

15. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In college I took Art 101. It was a drawing class full of future art majors, and then there was me. Toward the end, the instructor privately asked me why I'd taken the class. "I wanted to see if I was any good at this. Clearly I'm not."

I hope this builder had the same epiphany. :eek:

(For the record, I got an A. I think the instructor admired my gumption. But this car's buidler does not deserve such largess.)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
    ekimneirbo, Thor1, Hnstray and 4 others like this.
  16. In the end what really makes or breaks the total look of any custom car is the tire/wheel package used. I think that there is going to be some serious problems finding the correct ones to complement this.

Thor1, GordonC, lippy and 1 other person like this.
  17. moparboy440

moparboy440
    from Finland

18. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

dare to be different

GordonC likes this.
  19. I like it! (But then again, I also like mosquitoes...)

SS327 and ProtoTypeDesignFlauz like this.
  20. williebill

williebill

I like cars that are over the top customs, but that brings tears to my eyes. One of the most wretched cars I've ever seen.

427 sleeper and GordonC like this.
  21. Unless the reason that the car body is setting on the ground without it's chassis and drive train, the frame was a S10 pickup frame. Someone wanted to restore a S10 pickup, and tossed the car body aside.:D

22. The more I look at it, I could do something with it. Drop it back on the S10, then break out the sawsall and cut the ugly away till it resembled a Sat. night dirt track roundy rounder. 12" wide Bart wheels, some Hoosiers, and 4" tube bumpers. Then and a quick, bright color, brush paint job. I'd just make it "mean", it's already got the "nasty" covered in spades.

Ned Ludd, X-cpe and Thor1 like this.
  23. That is so ugly it would scare a hungry dog off a meat truck! But seriously, with some nice big shiny wheels and those thin little tyres , together with a leather interior from a 2015 Hyundai, that car could go places. Like the planet Uranus, hopefully.

Thor1, williebill and GordonC like this.
  24. B61286E6-2B5D-430E-BF56-7FD7353A58FC.png

Even my dog is saddened by these pictures.

Pretty sure this started life as a fibreglass kit car with a 55 gallon drum of bondo as the “ customizer”

25. millersgarage

millersgarage

there is no way that started as a 40 Ford. Someone's homemade car that kinda resembles a 40 in their mind

26. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

I can smell the bondo still drying from here....

Thor1, GordonC and VANDENPLAS like this.
  27. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Marrota's Mystery

GordonC likes this.
  28. You sure it’s not a dodge? Sorry vandenplas, someone had to say it.

Thor1 and Budget36 like this.
  29. choptop40

choptop40

it will buff out....the meat truck joke was funny....

Thor1 and GordonC like this.
  30. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Luckily, somebody did that to a fiberglass body rather than to a steel body.