Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration 36 pickup wheel suggestions and photoshop help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sacredsteel1, Nov 14, 2021.

1. sacredsteel1

sacredsteel1

This winter, I'll be dropping the suspension and upgrading my truck to juice brakes. The new hubs are a 5 on 5 1/2 bolt pattern, so unfortunately the wides fives have to go. Tires are brand new, so Ill be running 16 inch no matter what style wheel I go with. Im considering wires, steelies, or if I can find them, artillery style. but even then Im faced with the decision of what color to paint them.
    I figured I'd get some input from you guys and maybe someone with photoshop skills can give me a better idea of what the finished product will be
    thanks guys!
    1936 pickup side view.jpeg

2. Budget36

Budget36

Dang, nice truck you have!

The angle of the pic makes the grill shell look like a ‘35.

I think, not sure, but Dodge had 4.5 BP artillery wheels?

AVater and sacredsteel1 like this.
  3. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Grill and hood look to be ‘35. Wires would be a natural. Beautiful truck there!

sacredsteel1 likes this.
  4. Boatmark

Boatmark

Beautiful truck. My vote would be wires painted to match the fenders, with the narrow un-ribbed chrome trim ring.

sacredsteel1 likes this.

5. Bursonaw

Bursonaw

sacredsteel1 and AVater like this.
  6. 2935ford

2935ford

^^^^^
    What Bursonaw stated.
    I like those wheels! :)

sacredsteel1 likes this.
  7. sacredsteel1

sacredsteel1

Thank you everybody! Yes, it is a '35 hood and grill. Everything else is '36 with the exception of the '57 283 under the hood. I found the truck on here a few months ago and have been driving it while I collect parts and work out a few bugs. Overall I'm very happy with it. It just needs a few modifications and improvements to make it my own.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
  8. Bursonaw

Bursonaw

One more option, if you are going to use the 5 on 51/2 drums you could also use original 1935 Kelsey Hayes 16” rims.

IMG_2597.jpg

sacredsteel1 likes this.
  9. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

That is a real peach of a pickup, and for sure get it (somewhat) lower.
    Purely speaking for myself here but my preference for tires would be blackwalls.
    As to the wheels, I'd like to see some photoshop examples before I really know what I'd suggest for YOU, for me I'm more of a Halibrand style wheel guy but that would definitely give it a more contemporary look.
    One thing I'd like is to see more pickups with side boards on the bed rails, and yes, I know they aren't for everyone but maybe someone could post some photoshop examples of them on your truck.

sacredsteel1 likes this.