Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration >>>>> FRIDAY ART SHOW 11/12/21 <<<<<

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Spoggie, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Far out.

Hey Rob, sano nailhead. I've got one to do soon, in a new deuce. Old time gas station-style motif.

190709Chopped50Ford.jpg

Chavezk21, Jigger, JimC and 45 others like this.
  2. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2021-11-12_4-31-48.png Stock Height

Hello,

Our neighborhood in those old days was a standard garage door opening for two cars, if they were small and not too wide. We had a small station wagon and a sporty car for my wife. But, our neighbor’s family were very busy and the Suburban played an important part of their lives. The color was changed to reflect the Fall colors during our holiday season.

The husband worked on those offshore oil islands and the mom drove the big Suburban all over the place, taking care of business. Everyone in the whole neighborhood knew who drove and owned the large brown and white/beige Suburban. Most of the neighborhood kids also knew it on sight.

Plus, if a giant Suburban was parked on our old driveway, back then, no one else could have gotten into and out of our garage and driveway. When our little station wagons were in that particular space, other cars could get in and out.

The family that owned the giant Suburban had a good thing going at their house with the home business. So, when they remodeled their house/garage they made room for a larger opening to clear a Suburban and necessary larger custom door. They built a 2nd story addition over the garage. They made sure that the supporting beams were approved in the build and consequently, had planned ahead for the larger opening and custom automatic door. At the time, there were no lightweight steel garage doors, so the larger door was the standard 2x4 frame and plywood surfaces

Jnaki

My brother also had the same idea of a large Suburban for his family and friends up in Santa Barbara. But, stuck to his small cars until a full size 4x4 rolled into their garage driveway one day. His garage was a single unit and too small for any modern car size. Now, when visiting his family and the area, we could all go in one car to the beach or local mountain ranges.

The larger size did solve problems, but when the gas crisis came around, the gas mileage was a key factor and it was hard to just take short errands to make ends meet. These days, there are so many styles and brands of large Suburbans roaming the whole USA. YRMV, Including the FBI, Gov’t agencies and drug dealers. Pandemic or not…

So, my wife thought those old Suburbans needed some flash, besides being all black and intimidating.
    upload_2021-11-12_4-36-33.png
    Lowered with custom detailing and old style "Claw" flames...

Jigger, tb33anda3rd, Lil32 and 12 others like this.
  3. robber

robber

G-day Steve,... nothing quite like a naily... lot's of details. Hope to see your "new deuce" one soon..
    That's one dardy shoebox, ol' cobber! Love shaved doors... your reflections slay me! :cool:

cp 971.JPG

Chavezk21, 2NDCHANCE, Jigger and 25 others like this.
  4. guy1unico

guy1unico

5. An oldie for our Vets. Thank you! 1749.jpg

hotrodjack33, pwschuh, JimC and 30 others like this.
  6. catdad49

catdad49

7. One for the vets, added some vintage photo effect to my old art piece.

[​IMG]

Chavezk21, Jigger, pwschuh and 38 others like this.
  8. KerryMC

KerryMC

9. robber

robber

cp 1064.JPG
    My whole souled gratitude to all veterans; to the brave and courageous who unselfishly give their all; to those who strive to protect others and to always do what is right, even when no one is looking. Thank YOU!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
  10. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Air Show,Vaterans Day,a few years ago.
    61096633_10214120333870074_2321003303170736128_n.jpg

11. sololobo

sololobo

the gent in the white T-shirt resembles a younger Gene Winfield.

Stogy, Lil32 and 57 Corvette ~ Bob like this.
  12. sololobo

sololobo

nice stuff gang, excellent Vets tributes - salute'

13. 1939 Ford tub chopped custom with 40 frontend, The Green Rider, ART, photo by Steve

[​IMG]
    Red Rider 39 Tub - ART Photo by John W
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
  14. To all things Red White and Blue! IMG_6232.JPG

15. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Thank you .........yeah, I think we have all been there and done that.

I'm surely not the cop ......LOL. Always happy to send the jpg file to anyone.

Stogy, tb33anda3rd, Lil32 and 2 others like this.
  16. God Bless our vets and their families. We wouldn't have this great country without them. JW

Jigger, b-bop, Stogy and 6 others like this.
  17. Well, you could have blamed it on her had she not issued the warning. Don't cha hate when that happens!!!
    At least you have learned a few valuable things from this.
    1. Never stop doing anything meaningful to go watch the news! Its nothing but a hyped up bunch of misinformation and sensationalized garbage. If the world is coming to an end, what can you really do about it anyway.
    2. ALWAYS do what the wife says, no matter what. That way when/if something does go sideways she wont have good reason to nag you incessantly with the "I told you so's", and you will in turn have some excuse to turn the tables for once ! (he he) I learned all this the hard way.

18. banjorear

banjorear

Who did this painting? I'd love to get a print of it. I love it and embodies the spirit of hot rodding.

57 Corvette ~ Bob, Stogy and Lil32 like this.
  19. One more for my fellow vets....

131.jpg

20. Kool stuff. Thanks, guys. :)

Stogy, Lil32, robber and 2 others like this.
  21. I've been absent for a couple of weeks. You guys hit it out of the park this week.
    Thank you,
    Later,
    Dick

22. Lil32

Lil32

23. That's the spirit.. 110427FJHANDLE.jpg

110708carsktchs.jpg

Chavezk21, Sancho, catdad49 and 23 others like this.
  24. b-bop

b-bop

I am no artist as I can barely draw a stick man, but come here every Friday to enjoy the talents of the HAMB. Best I can do, I found an old window and added pics of my grandsons and their wheels. 2973DFA7-BA91-48C5-A9B0-18AF6559FC06.jpeg

Stogy, Chavezk21, R A Wrench and 21 others like this.
  25. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

This was a black and white photo I digitally colored and painted. If you email me or PM me, I'll look for the file and send it to you. Not sure how large a print you can get from this as the original photo wasn't that large.

catdad49 and 41 GMC K-18 like this.