Register now to get rid of these ads!

Overdue Intro From South Dakota

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Georelle, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Georelle

Georelle

Hi. I am finally getting around to introducing myself. As you can probably see I have been a member for a while but haven't been too active. I made a post the other day and realized it was my first. When I signed up I see I had noted that I had completed a motorcycle build and was looking for a classic car to restomod. That was 2009, Well I did eventually find a decent 1961 Ford Falcon and I have mostly completed the rebuild. I am finishing up a few details and as the saying goes will probably always be finishing it up. Carb needs a little more fine tuning and a few finish details. Overall I am happy with the way it turned out and loved the process.
    I do plan to be more active now on the HAMB and maybe contribute some from the knowledge I gained over the years. The forum has helped several times during my Falcon rebuild.

Cheers-

Here is my 1961 Falcon Futura, more pics in my gallery.
    by the way that is my sons '84 Fiero in the background. A project we also completed since 2009 and before the Falcon.

2. Welcome to a more active HAMB life, from Illinois.
    Nice Falcon!

lothiandon1940 and Lil32 like this.
  3. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi & welcome. Nice looking Falcon.

Lil32 likes this.
  4. Lil32

Lil32

welcome from Aussie

lothiandon1940 and pprather like this.

5. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

Build thread! Should be easy at this point, im sure ya took pics

6. 29A-V8

29A-V8
    from wyoming

welcome back, I was absent for several years too. like the falcon, mom and dad had a 61 falcon station wagon I remember it well. dad has been gone since 2004 and mom passed away in 2015. when I was sorting out their life collections I fount the original manual for the car. it brought back lots of memories.

7. Georelle

Georelle

Thanks All.
    I have thought about doing a post build-build thread. I do have a lot of pictures from the build.
    The car does bring back a lot of memories for people. Actually not so much for me. I just liked the body style. I'm not so much a "pony car" guy. I was looking for a round body Falcon, Chevy II (Nova) or an early Dart when I found this gem in need of restoration. If I was to buy a car that brought back memories from my younger years it would have to be station wagon with the way back seat.
    Cheers-

8. Velkommen! What part of Sodak?

9. Georelle

Georelle

Tman - I'm on the Eastern part in Harrisburg.
    The Black Hills are beautiful. I get out there once or twice a year, usually try to make the spring or fall.

10. Georelle

Georelle

I have noticed a lot of H.A.M.B.ers are into Speedweek. I guess I didn't realize that previously, I am still learning the H.AM.B. forum culture.
    I have not been to Speedweek and it is at the top of my bucket list. None of my friends or family are really into it so in 2019 I said screw it, I will go by myself. Put the vacation request in right away in January had everything set to go but family things came up and long story short I didn't make, said I would go the next year. Well pandemic etc. etc. Anyway I am putting my vacation request in for 2022 and I will get there this time. I might need some first timer tips when the time gets closer.

rbrewer and pprather like this.