Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello, fellas. Scott here in SoCal.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by BigSherm, Nov 12, 2021.

1. BigSherm

BigSherm

Hi everyone!
    Scott here, from SoCal.
    I got a great deal on a beautiful black and red ‘51 Ford F1 with a 226 on eBay, and after a loooooong and difficult process with the ornery seller, I’m about to finally pick it up here in Maryland and drive it all the way back to SoCal with my faithful pup Milo.
    Or attempt to, anyway!
    I tend to research and learn as much as I can when I’m about to try something new, and this board has been an amazing source of info over the month or so I’ve been researching.
    Almost every internet search I’ve done with a question about the truck has led me to this board.
    I wonder if you guys have any idea how many people like me you help, without them ever joining or posting?
    So, thanks for that, and for the future knowledge I’m sure I’ll gain!
    Scott AD237919-31D3-4091-9FF2-3A35F06C6F37.jpeg

2. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi & welcome. WOW, it it runs as good as it looks you really have something special. On the way home with it be sure to check fluids when you stop for gas as well as keep a watch on the tires unless you KNOW they are fairly new. You don' need problems on the way back home. Jimmie

3. BigSherm

BigSherm

Thanks, Jimmie!
    The tires are new radials, and will do on the fluids!

Scott

4. Scott, welcome to the HAMB from Illinois.
    Really nice pickup!
    Good luck on the drive to SoCal. Hoping for good weather.

5. BigSherm

BigSherm

Thanks!
    I drove through some nasty cold wet weather last night, but it looks like sunny skies from here on!

Scott

pprather likes this.