Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Wonderful Gift from Family Member

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tiiM5, Nov 11, 2021.

1. tiiM5

tiiM5

My wife's cousin visited us this morning. He told the story of living with his other 'hippie' buddies in San Francisco in the late 60's. They had a 49' Ford Panel Truck that they wildly painted and attached hood ornaments from many cars from the 50's. Decades later, he grew out of that phase and became the owner of a large commercial electrician company. He now collects violins but over the years he collected 50's hood ornaments as he had fond memories of the Pontiac ornaments with the Chief Heads he had mounted all over that panel truck.
    Today he left the attached with me to take care of. He has known I am a 'car guy' so he thought I might enjoy these.
    52', 54' hood ornaments and the radiator cap from a 26' Pontiac.
    A wonderful generous gift. Thinking I'll create some kind of base for each to mount, these are works of art.

Attached Files:

2. Wow, nice score :rolleyes:...

clem and Joe Blow like this.
  3. raven

raven

Wow, those are really cool!
    r

tommyd, clem and Joe Blow like this.
  4. Very cool and unique pieces from “yesteryear” automobiles. EEEBF908-B9F3-42B0-B8C2-61A927F21532.jpeg

5. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

The base idea would be cool.

6. Love that he collects violins ,have a few nice ones myself , surprisingly most bought at car swap meets !!
    Oh , and yes I fiddle as well !!!

pprather, 210superair and -Brent- like this.
  7. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

I play in an old time band, so I'll share a joke my fiddler told me.

You know the difference between a violin and a fiddle?

A fiddle has a red neck on it...

Since we're talking family gifts, I just restored my wife's cousin's bmx bike from when he was a little boy for my wife's uncle. Just dropped it off today. He was really happy and since I would accept no money, he offered me an insane deal on a truck. It's just a few years ot for here, which sux because I really want to post pics, but it's absolutely cherry and original, recent motor and tranny rebuild. Kinda rare too, camper version of the c10, but gmc, so it's called a grand Sierra or something? He'll lemme have it for 8 friggin k. I don't have 8k to spend right now, but I don't think I can let this one go. It's a steal....

So yeah, gotta love family...

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
    chevy57dude likes this.
  8. For a Pontiac guy that's to die for.....have fun with it and always be kind to that cousin !

9. 2Blue2

2Blue2

Nice!
    Fun to see.