Register now to get rid of these ads!

Enough Fiberglass 5 Windows. Wheres The Steel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Graffiti32, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Graffiti32

Graffiti32
    from Illinois

They reproduce almost every 32 ford body in steel when are they going to make a steel 32 5 window body??? and garnish's. Brookville??? you listening. Any one heard anything??? I would Like "Henry Steel" but I only got 1 number on tonights lottery......

THANKS

Jeff

2. guiseart

guiseart

I feel your pain... but ...build something other than a 32/5 then.

3. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Only the roadsters and the 3Window coupe are being reproduced ... in steel
    and then only in small numbers ...

They have not reproduced " almost every 32 Ford body in steel "

Cabriolets
    Victorias
    Tudors
    Fordors
    Sport Coupes
    Sedan delivery
    Closed Pickups
    Have not been reproduced ... :rolleyes:

5W garnishes are being made now in aluminum ... and show up on eBay quite often .

The NEXT logical body to be reproduced ... IMHO ... would be the 5W coupe. Unfortunately , there is almost nothing off the the roadster or the 3W that fits the 5W ... so it would be all new tooling. It would also be more tooling than a roadster or a 3W coupe

4. HemiDave

HemiDave
    from Austin, TX

I agree! Here's mine:

Dave

5. HemiDave

HemiDave
    from Austin, TX

Here's mine, second attempt...:

Dave

Attached Files:

6. Graffiti32

Graffiti32
    from Illinois

Sorry didnt mean that there are only 3 types of bodies for 32. I just figure with prices the way they are for steel some rocket scientist would figure out it may be worth makeing one or two??? I have seen the repo garnishes something doesnt look right with them?? Build something other than a 32???????

7. lolife

lolife

Glass is real too ;)

Actually, it's called "real edsel steel" as Henry was on the farm in 31 hanging out with the light-bulb dude.

Fiber don't rust, but you can glass in some "real rust" like Void and them...

8. hellbilly_35

hellbilly_35

well... steel is real, but I do have fiberglass rear fenders on my truck.

9. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

It is all demand according to brookville. Nothing in the works for a 5 window yet. I will wait for steel.

10. lolife

lolife

Here's a nice one:

[​IMG]

11. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Before Brookville did the 3w they did a survey to see if there would be enough demand for the 5w. Guess what the winner was. Both Ray and Kenny said they wanted to go with what would be in the most demand for whole cars and repair panels. I don't think they will ever consider a 5w again but if maybe 2-3,000 of you send in a $5,000 deposit you never know.
    I'll be the second to send in a deposit, who's going to be first?:eek: :D

Frank

12. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

Unfortunately ... a lot of the 32 5W's left look like this one ... :(
    But it will return ... this one is being built ...

13. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

For what Brookville would have to charge for a steel 5W, you could buy an original one right now. They are out there if you're willing to part with the right amount of cash.

14. beauishere

beauishere

I'm with you. Glass is ass. But I'm in no hurry for a reproduction steel 5W. Keeps the Henry's value up. With all the HAMBrs' in the midwest, somebody oughta know where to find one for a half decent price. Good luck!

15. lolife

lolife

Big ass, skinny ass, or those nice rounded ass?

16. 5window

5window

I really,really wanted a '32 5 window. I asked a coupe of glass body guys why only 3's and always got the same answers. 1 low demand.2 way more work to make a 5 window over a 3 and 3. A lot of guys who can buy these cars are middle-aged and,let's just say, not thin. Since a three window door is about 5" wider than a five window door, the three is just more practical. I suspect these reasons hold for steel as well.

I ended up with a '31 coupe-they all have 5 windows and am really perfectly satisfied. Plus parts for a '31 are way cheaper than those for a '32 across the board.

17. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

Thats rough, even by my standards, hope he got it cheap...

18. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

A friend of mine has a downs 'glass 5 window (along with several steel ones). He likes it, as far as glass bodies go it's nice. He drives it much more than the others because he's not as worried about it. Plus he likes chopped cars, but can't bring himself to chop a steel one.

19. CrazyDaddy

CrazyDaddy
    from Austin TX

I'm pursuing 2 5-ws right now; maybe I can get one of them. One rough but low $; it was in a pole barn that collapsed on it ! Tweaked but mostly there. The other is high $; doubt if I'll be able to swing that one. They're out there; just gotta look hard. What I've found is you'll get: cheap but rough, decent but expensive (15k+++), real nice complete car ($40k+++), or just damn lucky.

20. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

Unfortunately?!?!?!?! I wish my 32 was that nice!
    Dan