Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1957 Hillman Husky...yes I know....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1oldtimer, Jun 13, 2021.

1. It's going to get the hopped up o/t Ford pinto 4cy motor, T5 and a o/t import rear.....most likely. If I start it after I retire and move.....then who knows :).

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
    loudbang likes this.
  2. SS327

SS327

Watch out where the Huskies go. Please don’t eat the yellow snow!

3. bchctybob

bchctybob

Aluminum 215 Buick/Rover, probably just the right amount of power without building a frame and much more impressive when you pop the hood. I like the one I have in my Morris Minor.
    2CA8568F-6656-46B5-9E2B-A6D8588FD55F.jpeg

SS327, Magfiend, mgtstumpy and 12 others like this.
  4. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

While I think that. Motor would be a good choice, I can't help think fitting a hemi in is more "impressive" I enjoyed that thread threat DDDENY brought up and was sad he never kept updating it after it was running..... Are they ever really done?

loudbang likes this.
  5. bchctybob

bchctybob

While the Hemi is definitely impressive, the OP mentioned an OT Ford 4 cylinder which tells me he's thinking practical. I was trying to nudge him up the practical scale just a bit. LOL.

SS327 and loudbang like this.
  6. Wow, that fits in the Morris quite nicely. I have a couple of 2.0 Pinto motors, a race head (a Cosworth YB if I can get my hands on one), a modified Mustang T5, Datsun rear and I have a Sunbeam Alpine series 4 front control arms with Disc brakes already.

I have to sell the other Hillmans now and still find the missing parts for this one (or another car). But I have other projects to plow through first.

Not sure if I should delete the slow moving threads or just let them go and post as I have new news.

loudbang likes this.
  7. bchctybob

bchctybob

Yeah it kinda looks like it came that way but the PO did extensive firewall mods to get it in there. Overall I’m pretty happy with the way it runs and drives, it makes a nice everyday street car.
    Keep your threads open. Even if progress is slow it’s still good to see your projects.

loudbang likes this.
  8. They make good altereds.
    They were not on the original list of import bodies for gas class cars and the wheel base is too short for the rule change ('68) but they do make good altereds.

bchctybob, loudbang and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  9. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I always thought these were very cool little cars !

1956-58_Hillman_Husky-01 (2).jpg

10. cabong

cabong

My wife Nancy had a '57 Husky that she sold to Vern Tardel many years back. I think he planned on sticking a flattie in it..... Several years back she bought another, a running, driving 1961.. She drove it a little, then parked it in our storage building. It is a strange critter, in that it has power windows, and they work perfectly. Critter has very little rust...... She plans on selling it, but hasn't gotten around to getting it cleaned up to go to market..... Hilman Husky 043.JPG Hilman Husky 033.JPG Hilman Husky 019.JPG Hilman Husky 024.JPG Hilman Husky 035.JPG

bobss396, Magfiend, mgtstumpy and 8 others like this.
  11. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Please don't delete the thread. Great stuff in here. Love that 215.

12. That's a pretty clean and intact Series II, I have a couple of Series I's that I'm going to sell since I found a Mark I.
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/1958-59-hillman-husky-build.1109102/

AHotRod and loudbang like this.
  13. It's a pot metal door pull.
    I have them on my '56 Husky.

1oldtimer likes this.
  14. Not mine, but how good does this sound.

15. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

image.jpeg Some UK inspiration for you

bobss396, mgtstumpy, AHotRod and 3 others like this.
  16. AHotRod

AHotRod

I love them ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ send me one in Florida

17. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This one is detailed to perfection with a V8 60 in NZ. Often seen towing a matching cool teardrop camper.

bobss396, 34 GAZ and AHotRod like this.
  18. This engine mounting look familiar to anyone?, I wonder what was in there. The mount with the holes in it is the stock mount I think, but the off set studs are for the new motor.

[​IMG]

SS327 likes this.
  19. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

1974. bought a 59 cheap with a ‘ventilated’ block. put a stock 327/glide in it.
    fun car. should have kept it. but i’d do it different now.
    loooong gone.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
  20. That needs a 2.5 litre Daimler baby Hemi V8.