Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

While not wanting to step on the toes of 7berkmerc and Moose, they both did
    a great job eliminating the newer vehicle, I wanted to take the pic a step
    further. Not knowing what the lettering on the radiator shell signified, I removed
    it. I had to wait as the street sweeper rolled through and cleaned up the leaves,
    then tried out the black & white look. Now it looks like it could be on Ricky Nelson's
    block. Cropped as a 5x7.

I don't have Photoshop so I'm pretty much limited to simple "repairs", but I have to say
    that you fellows on this thread sure know your stuff.

zzzzzzz1.jpg

7berkmerc, themoose and loudbang like this.
  2. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Good change, but I wouldn't mind having the Camaro, with the 200s'.

loudbang likes this.
  3. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

are those wheels sabre . i thought they were spokes ? whatever they are they work. if i had that drop with those whees and a silver top , i think id be good ! would be interesting to see the hard top treament though . i dont think ive seen it on a 41 . YET......................

loudbang likes this.

4. Lowered with no chop....

silver.jpg

5. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

They make reproduction sabre wheels for between $1500 -$2500 each. I've got a set of originals that cost me $1000 and they wanted $1000 each to restore when I checked about 5 years ago.

6. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

way out of my budget . there are some 64 lesabre wheel covers on gee bay . look close if your blind . i represent that remark ! ! $185 s-l1600.jpg .oo . still not within my budget , but if i stand on a corner , with a sign . could happen....

loudbang likes this.
  7. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

thnx moose ,can you make the above pic with the roof silver and the body green ?

loudbang likes this.
  8. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Chopped top, with stock side windows dropped down into the body. Re-contoured the rear roof line.
    Lowered with a rearward rake. Added skirts.
    39 Chevy Coupe 07.jpg

54delray, themoose and loudbang like this.
  9. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

i luv the skirts . l a rake as well . someone stole my door handles though .......

Rot 'n Kustom and loudbang like this.
  10. Unclebrad

Unclebrad

A variation with silver top...

DSCF5602c.jpg

themoose, Jim Bouchard and loudbang like this.

11. They would do the job...

caps.jpg

12. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

i may be bias . but it looks good in all the pics . i guess i should get off my ass and go do something . now i need new rear leafs .built in drop would be good .

themoose and Jim Bouchard like this.
  13. 51convertible

51convertible

Kind of want to see this as a rat rod. Could someone please lower it and put some rusty Detroit steel wheels like pictured or any other wheel ideas?

Attached Files:

14. verde742

verde742

looks like a hardtop to me....

15. 51convertible

51convertible

Yup, 51 hardtop.

16. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

bye george , i think yall got it . not sure if it could be a rat rod ? oh , never mind !

17. Squablow

Squablow

Absolutely not. This is the antithesis of what this board is about.

54delray, loudbang, Kroombit and 2 others like this.
  18. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Hey @buick bill,
    Here is my 41 Chevy, unchopped, static drop (i.e. 3 inch blocks in the rear). I feel it needs another inch or 2 drop but I would have to at least cut a hole in the trunk floor to clear the pumpkin and maybe notch the frame. As for chopping it, you would have to lower the seat some cuz there's only at most 3 inches of clearance above your head at stock height (I'm 6'1"). Its a big job though.
    The next pic is a rendering by Janne Kutja of a chopped 41. Last is one that was chopped into a 3 window. I like the rendering better. Anyway, just trying to help. :)

41 chvy coupe.jpg
    Janne Chevrolet_Coupe_Kustom_1941 rendering.jpg green 41 3 window custom.jpg

19. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

yours looks grt. just like it is ! no problems with interference with the 3 inch drop? do you still have torque tube ? what did you do to drop the frnt, ? that second pi DSCF1147.JPG ck looks grt . appears to have a 46 hood ? or perhaps a 46 with a 41 frnt end ? the third ick looks to be a buick ? wouldnt kick it outa my garage for eatn crackers either . im leaning towards blocks on the rear of mine and the dropped uprights from chev o 40s on the frnt. . i think i just want to keep it a nice simple driver . im starting on my 52 fltln. real soon . so just want the 41 where i can go cruze to town . its only 5 mi. so the 4.11 s are easy to live with . i went thru a lot of trouble a few yrs. back to put a 200 overdrive in my 50 f 1 and ive been on the freeway maybe 600 mi. . the 350 was fine . and i liked the way it shifted better !!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  20. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

The only time I bottom out in the rear is when I have 1 or 2 people in back seat. No to the torque tube. I changed the whole drive train to a 292 chey I6 bored and cammed, 4 barrel, dual exhaust. In front I started out lowered it with 1 of the kits from Butch's hot rod shop that spaces the lower control arm. But that wasn't enough. I ended up installing an issue. That fixed the awful steering too.

loudbang likes this.
  21. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

As nice as a 41 Buick/Chevrolet looks, the original color photo had something different going on in the photo. I could not place it, but in looking at my dad’s old 1941 Buick Fastback, it was evident.
    upload_2021-11-9_9-16-12.png
    He bought his first family car in 1946 and drove the whole family from the Oregon border South to Eastside of Long Beach. I was two years old and the car seemed like a huge battle ship in the inside. Plenty of space to sleep during the long drive and stopovers. The stance of his Buick Fastback was level and to us, that is how a huge battleship usually was seen in magazines and old photos.

Your Chevrolet coupe had the back lowered and it looked different even through the multiple Photoshop changes by the various people. @themoose did it best with the grey color and detailing. I leveled it off to make it look as low as possible with the lower part of the rims just below the illegal stance for the California DMV law. Then I gave is a slight rake and now, it looks like a hot rod cruiser we saw all over So Cal during our hot rod days and nights of the late 50s and early 60s.

Jnaki

Perhaps you had something other in mind, but no mags, no chrome wheels or other flipper hubcaps or slots are necessary. Just nice hubcaps, the modified lowered rake stance and the neutral grey color make it a cool hot rod. A high power SBC motor or Buick motor would do nicely inside, but for the outside, nothing else is needed for the finished or partially finished look. @themoose always has a great idea of color and design. YRMV

upload_2021-11-9_9-18-43.png

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
    themoose likes this.
  22. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

thnx for the input jnaki , my 41 is a CHEVROLET special deluxe 5 pass. coupe . its easy to get it wrong as the profile is very similar . but the buick special has a much longer hood . and i think the roadmaster has a even longer hood .i think they are wider as well . but i have been wrong before . on a regular basis !! my frnt springs are stock replcmnt. , but after installation it sat so high i had to pull it back apart and cut one coil off . i think it still might sit higher than the orig. but who knows i dont want to remove any more . the spring rate increases every time . im not sure if the rear are tired either . but the ride height drops probably 4 inches or more with a fill up ! a sbc isnt really in my plans . my main complaint with the 235 is the very poor milage !!

54delray likes this.
  23. 51convertible

51convertible

Sorry, shouldn’t have used the rat rod term. Wasn’t trying to offend the board which I apparently did? This came along with my 51 convertible as a parts car but I don’t have the heart to part it out. Has no engine and just wanted to see what it would look like lowered with different wheels on it since I don’t have time or money to spend on a full restoration but would rather see it hit the road than part it. Open to ideas.

24. Unclebrad

Unclebrad

I was reprimanded too, after photoshopping big wheels onto a car. Hell, I didn't know. (Probably should read the rules page more carefully.) They removed the post! Seems kinda harsh when on the receiving end, but I don't think anyone harbors ill feelings. I think they merely want to be clear about things.

25. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

It would be a good idea to read the rules and follow them, they are there for a reason, to keep this site focused on 65 and older builds not the modern stuff or rat rods!

Peanut 1959 and 54delray like this.
  26. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

rules/ what rules . i have yet to read them ,but i do try to follow them . it is nice to see side by side sometimes so that we can plainly see how stupid some wheels/tires can look on grt classic hot rods . god i must be getting old . but , i aint old enough to read the rules . yet .................................................

27. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/the-h-a-m-b-rules-guidelines.44274/

Peanut 1959 and loudbang like this.
  28. 7berkmerc

7berkmerc

Just a couple... I moved the front axle forward about 1.25" forward, I did that on my '62. '63_F100b.jpg '63_F100a.jpg

29. 51convertible

51convertible

Could someone lower it and put some other wheels on it? Open to suggestions. Maybe the grey and chrome torque thrust wheels, painted steel wheels like factory, and maybe just some black slotted steel wheels?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  30. Squablow

Squablow

belair.jpeg

How about some nice '53 Cadillac hubcaps with wide whitewalls? Looks nice I think, and very period-appropriate.