Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects New owner 1950 Pontiac

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Storm Pontzius, Nov 3, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Storm Pontzius

Storm Pontzius

Sorry if I post in the wrong area, I grew up around muscle and older cars but my grandfather passed before he got to pass on alot of his knowledge. I just recently found and bought his 1950 pontiac streamliner silverstreak back! I am having a very hard time locating alot of the stuff I'd like to replace but was wondering if anyone had tips or suggestions on locating body trim and door panels for my car. I know the trim will most likely be used and the panels will be aftermarket or such. But currently I have no interior door panels and all my body trim has at least one dent in them (looks like a kid took a hammer and hit each peice once or twice). Again sorry if wrong area any help would be amazing I really want to start this project with my two sons!

guthriesmith likes this.
  2. Budget36

Budget36

You’re in the right area, can’t help you with your quest though.
    If you do some searching around here, you should find some threads on restoring trim. Post up some pics of the car, and what you have to work with.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Welcome to the club. Can't help a lot with pontiac stuff but here are my suggestions:
    1-search for a specific forum for your car
    2-there is a site 'pre-sixties parts', he has several truck loads of NOS stuff all for...pre-sixties cars and the prices are not bad.

Best I can do you ,

Mike

4. there are a couple old yards around. Look up French Lake and another down in Tx who is a member here that is near or in Wellington? check in the Odex on this forum. also try over on the AACA forum for Pontiac part/info.

5. fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

6. Where are you from? If in the U.S. try searching for a Pontiac forum. There is a Pontiac Social forum here but there is nothing posted.

7. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Stainless trim can be repaired, might be easier than replacing it.

swade41, Hnstray and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. Storm Pontzius

Storm Pontzius

Thanks you guys I'm going to check into all options you guys are awesome and very welcoming! I wondered if it could be repaired but I did not know how big of a task that was

warhorseracing likes this.
  9. It would help a lot if you included your general location in your profile. There could be folks close by that might help, but we have no idea where you are. There are people who specialize in vintage stainless and often show up at swap meets like Carlisle and Hershey, but there's no way to know if these events are reasonably close to you..........Don.

warhorseracing and Hnstray like this.
  10. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

@Storm Pontzius

There are numerous ‘how to’ books on all phases of vehicle restoration, including one specific to repairing body trim moldings. There are vendors for these publications. Do a Google search and also eBay.

Ray