Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Old school 302 intake ideas

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by RustyTub, Oct 27, 2021.

1. MAD MIKE

MAD MIKE
    from 94577

FWIW...
    1980-1982 Ford made the 255ci Windsor.
    It was pathetic.
    However one of the neat things about it was that the intake was a weird two piece dealio.
    There was a lower turkey tray valley plate to close off the valley, and the intake manifold itself was this aluminum tubular deal.
    Ports were teeny weeny and it was only offered with 2V for a 2150 or Motorcraft VV carb to bolt to.
    Always though if someone was bored enough they could lop of some of the casting flash, cut off any excess AL, and polish up the runners to make it look like an early piece.
    It would be a purely aesthetic piece, but done right it might look like something from the 50's.
    It has a lot of cast in ports for vacuum and EGR, so quite a bit of cutting/grinding/welding would have to be done to make it look proper.

Beanscoot likes this.
  2. I must have missed that one..Probably never saw one of those turds in person.
    I tried Google Image, and of course they try to sell you everything but..No luck there. Curious now

3. MCjim

MCjim
    from soCal

To keep it somewhat "period correct", as used on the Barris Munsters Dragula, an Edelbrock crossram...of which I have sold two to members here.
    [​IMG]

Deuces, fauj and Joe Travers like this.
  4. I have seen factory 3x2 SBF. Maybe not show room factory but from Ford that could be bought after the fact. They did not use Strombergs though. They use either autolite carbs or holleys.
    [​IMG]

5. 6sally6

6sally6

Ford 6-barrel carb.png
    Eye candy from loooong ago!!
    6sally6

Deuces, Mark Yac and Tickety Boo like this.
  6. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

29B86EF1-5711-483A-A111-0546FA447ADD.jpeg As ask for , an image of my engine

loudbang and Deuces like this.
  7. Now that does have the sixties look. I'll bet it backs up really fast ;-)

8. Backs up really fast. LOL

I had a gremlin (heaven forbid) that had no title. I owned a running driving '54 Effy that the battery exploded. At the time 6V batteries were really pricey for some reason. So it made perfect sense to shove the 6 cylinder and 3 speed from the AMC in the Ford.

So there is the back story.

The Effy would back up faster than it would run in 1st gear. Everyone used to say that what I did was a sacrilege and called it the '54 Ford with the 35 mph reverse. :)

Deuces likes this.
  9. RustyTub

RustyTub
    from Washington

Yeah, likewise.