Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone ever chopped a late model Impala, '92?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nads, Aug 14, 2006.

1. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

Hmmm...that's what I was thinking, except it looks like they just cut the whole car in half and welded it back together with bigger side glass...

I was thinking more along the lines of extending the doors back more and keeping the 1/4 window smaller (but not stock size obviously.) The 1/4 glass on that car in the picture to me is too large. Now that I look at it, they did extend the doors back. So I guess they left too much of the sideglass...I dunno. I thought it would have looked different.

Now that I see it done, it looks like an chubby '89-96 T-Bird.

I saw a pic of a 2 door convert concept car once, that one looked "right". Same went for a 2-door convertible prototype version of the '03 Mercury Maurauder I came across.

2. Could have swore I saw one in a magazine years ago. Maybe a custom job.

3. rebstew187

rebstew187

you seen one.it was a custom job.when the new body style came out,a guy turned one into a 2 door like 6 months after he bought it.I've got the magazine here somewhere..it was car craft or hot rod can't remember which one

4. oldskool55

oldskool55
    from socal

the two door conversion looks like they use the late model tbird quarter glas and maybe sail pannels

5. Gator

Gator

I have a friend who's making a two door roadster out of one, no shit. He's crazy for the things, been buying them at police auctions and making "super sports" out of them for years. He had a wagon that was a fire chief's car done up as a 9/1/1 tribute at all the east coast World of Wheels shows the past couple of years.

If anybody knows about chopping 'em he probably will.