Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Starting my 32 5 window

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Colton Leigeb, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Ruby32

Ruby32

2. Colton Leigeb

Colton Leigeb

Haven’t posted in a while. Car hasn’t changed much appearance wise because I’ve been so focused on making the inner structure and sub rails, but today my axels showed up after months of waiting, so I put them in and finally made the car a roller. It’s too low I know, but made for a great late night photo shoot. Haha. And more importantly, I rolled the car outside for the first time. Really got me excited and I now know what I have to do next to correct the ride height, and weight. Hopefully the pictures show up good. IMG_3266.JPG View attachment 5110233

View attachment 5110235

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
  3. clem

clem

^^^^ Looks good like that !

loudbang likes this.
  4. SPEC

SPEC

Great stance!

loudbang likes this.
  5. dln1949

dln1949

No such thing as to low, looks great.

6. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

I think it set’s just BITCHIN

loudbang likes this.
  7. Colton Leigeb

Colton Leigeb

Haven't done an update in quite a while. The big update is I couldn't live with the front windshield. So I cut it and leaned it back. Totally taking away that straight up and down A pillar look. It added a ton of work but it had to be done. I cut across the whole length of the cowl/roof/ and doors and tipped it all back. Then changed the front wishbones to curved 46-48 bones to bring them down to the side of the frame. I wanted to do that so you could see the iconic 32 frame lines better. Also the engine and transmission are mounted now. I've also been building my steering and setting up the hanging pedals. I started with a 1940s combine steering box because I liked the look. I extended the shaft, turned it all down on the lathe, and pressed in a steel fitting in the end to have something to weld them together once its all mocked up. The next task was to get the pedals to miss the steering box. So I heated the arms red hot and bent them pretty funky. Not exactly how I wanted them but they work with lots of travel in both directions. I can adjust the height of them as well. My column drop is from a model a truck I believe. I could be wrong, but I had to make a sleeve in it and weld it. It surprisingly welded pretty good to that old casting. Then hung the 37 ford parking brake. Please someone let me know if the pictures don't come through.

Attached Files:

8. -Brent-

-Brent-

This car is going to be one bad mother effer! You have a great eye for style, design, layout, and changes. I respect the effort to take it there, too!

Man, this thread has me pumped up to go out in the shop and bang out some dents.

9. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

I agree with you on the windshield. Needed a little more angle. Nice job. Wish I could fall into a sweet deal like that. As for nasty powertrain, Alan Johnson has the snarliest flathead I've ever heard. And there's a guy (can't recall his name) here in Michigan that has a Caddy powered 32 5WC that sounds absolutely evil.

10. Colton Leigeb

Colton Leigeb

I think who you may be referring to is mike Mondrella. He’s a great guy and has the dark blue caddy powerd 32 5 window. It’s a great car built by gas axe garage. If that’s who you are talking about. And thank you!

31chevymike, kidcampbell71 and KevKo like this.
  11. Colton Leigeb

Colton Leigeb

Thanks that means a lot! And absolutely get out there! Hahaha

12. brady1929

brady1929

Awesome 32. What size tires are you running?

loudbang likes this.
  13. Anderson

Anderson

Looking good Colton!

loudbang likes this.
  14. Colton Leigeb

Colton Leigeb

4:50-16s up front, 7:50s-16s in back.

31chevymike, brady1929 and loudbang like this.
  15. Colton Leigeb

Colton Leigeb

Here's another late update. Built the floor, then took the body off to spray black raptor liner on the entire bottom. Also I decided I wanted to do a 471 blower on the car. With it being a 327, I wanted to get away from just another 32 ford with a sbc. So that's why I think the 471 blower will help distract you from that. And More importantly it all hides under the hood. I'm Cnc Machining my own intake adapter to mount the blower to a early creitz intake. Also wanted to show another car I'm building right now. Started this 32 roadster a month or so ago. Will be a flathead powered car with a 5 speed.

Attached Files:

16. Motoimpaired

Motoimpaired

Just found this post, nice job!
    I have actually been following you on Instagram..

17. elgringo71

elgringo71

Your doing a great job and now the 32s are multiplying. The only tip that I have for your build thread is to select full-size when you post the pictures.

18. Colton Leigeb

Colton Leigeb

Thank you that's great to know, I have always had trouble posting the pics on here. I'll try next time.

31chevymike, elgringo71 and loudbang like this.
  19. Colton Leigeb

Colton Leigeb

Another update, sprayed some epoxy primer on things. started body work. Tacked together the exhaust and built the hangers. Re did the front and rear suspension again. Hoping to be done with the mock up process this week, and truly be in paint mode.

Attached Files:

20. SPEC

SPEC

What Mufflers are you using?

31chevymike and loudbang like this.
  21. lcfman

lcfman
    from tn

Nice exhaust work as the rest of the car.

22. Colton Leigeb

Colton Leigeb

They are just some I found on summit. I'm assuming they are just like a cherry bomb idea inside probably.

23. Primered Forever

Primered Forever
    from Joplin,MO

You're doing an awesome job! I love it.

24. 31chevymike

31chevymike

Haven't been on the HAMB in such a long time... Easily one of the nicest '32 Ford 5 window builds that I've seen here - keep up the great work Colton!!

Outback and loudbang like this.
  25. Colton Leigeb

Colton Leigeb

Wow that means a whole lot, thank you!

26. Super Streak

Super Streak
    from Florida

Awesome build for being just 18 you're very talented. Continue the great work!

27. Colton Leigeb

Colton Leigeb

Sprayed the coupe last night. I started body work March 5th. And let me just say this last month and a half has been a pretty hard thrash to get it to this point. Every minute I had went into sanding. My goal was to get maroon to look as dark as possible without turning purple or brown. And I think I achieved that. I mixed up 9 test colors till I was happy. In the dark this color looks gloss black. Which was also the goal. I’m fairly happy with how it sprayed. It sprayed thick and pretty straight. Especially considering my home made spray booth. I just kept re watering the floor every so often to keep the dust down. It worked great and what very little dust there might be in the paint, will be sanded out anyways. I can not wait to see it wet sanded and buffed out. With that being said it’s still fairly straight, all of that block sanding with the doors on I think paid off. I’m sure it’s probably not the most perfect paint job you’ll ever see but I’m more worried about driving this car across the country anyways. Hahaha. Time for a break from sanding but I know that won’t come haha.

Attached Files:

28. Primered Forever

Primered Forever
    from Joplin,MO

That's awesome! I love the color!

29. -Brent-

-Brent-

It looks fantastic!

31chevymike likes this.
  30. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Paint looks awesome. I love everything about this car.

ironandsteele.com​

31chevymike likes this.