Register now to get rid of these ads!

Android App?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by DeucePhaeton, Oct 25, 2021.

1. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

Does the Android APP work?
    I can't access anything and it says I don't have sufficient privileges?

2. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

The app has been disabled, you need to use a web browser now.

Thor1 and Deuces like this.
  3. Very top of the page has it all laid out. 20211025_162739.jpg

Thor1 and XXL__ like this.
  4. squirrel

squirrel

you can make a nicer picture using a computer, instead of a phone

tapa.jpg

Thor1 and XXL__ like this.

5. spanners

spanners

Wasn't Data on Star Trek an Android?

6. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

Perhaps the word APP has people confused. A lot of the sites with direct access are using the term apps to see a different way on phone's small screen. But, yes the HAMB app is no more. For most of us, the computer website is fine and running smoothly, so far.

On any Android, type in H.A.M.B. in your Google Search bar. It will take you to the HAMB website as we all see it on our home computer screens and/or laptops. It is so much better to see it larger, able to do more stuff and not worry about pressing small arrows/keys. A 5-6 inch screen versus a small 17 inch laptop or a 30 inch desktop monitor is no contest.

Jnaki

It may be for you, but it is just convenience to freely type as we all learned in the 8th-9th grade. These sites allow the stories and history to come out flowing, easily. No need to squint or use glasses to see what is presented or how you will adjust your photos for clarity and composition.

The little dinky screen might be the largest phone screen around, but not compared to a 17 inch laptop with better pixels and screen images. (Let alone some 30 plus inch color monitors with precision pixels and OLED screens.) YRMV

7. Until recently, I didn't own a computer. I don't find them traditional. Next thing you know, you'll be telling me about the new fangled electronic ignition you bought :p the phone serves as my computer, because my timesheet at the firehouse has to be done online, I have a department provided email address because that's how the chief mass communicates, and I use it to hang out with you, here in Ryan's house. Oh, it also works as a phone :D;)

8. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

I agree. The only time I even turn my computer on anymore is to record music. Everything else I can do on the phone.

My work computer not so much unfortunately. My boss got smart and blocked the hamb on there too. However, he pays my cell phone bill, and forgot I can still access the hamb from there during work hours.... Lol. Dad always said "criminals don't go away, they adapt."

Thor1 and Lloyd's paint & glass like this.
  9. squirrel

squirrel

but seriously, I'm impressed that you were able to draw stuff on a phone screen shot, and post it here, and convey all the info you needed to. I struggle with doing anything useful on a phone. It's the universal tool that can do almost anything, but none of it easily.

The forum software (for use with a browser, not the now-dead phone app) is not designed to be easily used with a phone. With patience, I can do what I need to with it, but it's so much easier with a big screen, a real keyboard, and a mouse.

10. Hey I had to gig on my hero :D You're the man squirrel. But yeah the ol lady bought a laptop for the bodyshop/upholstery businesses so she could keep better track of stuff or something like that. I'm always on the move, I never sit still for very long. But if I plop down to rest the back of let some materials dry, I can pull my phone out and see what's going on here. Best thing about a smartphone is being armed with Google when you're walking the aisles at a swap meet and you need to check a casting number or get an idea of what something is worth.

Thor1 and squirrel like this.
  11. I use my Android phone for all my HAMB access. It is handy and I have adapted.

The desktop computer is not used for much these days, except online shopping, where I prefer the big screen.

Lloyd's paint & glass and Thor1 like this.
  12. I do everything on my phone as well. Im a computer idiot, but fumble my way through for work.

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.