Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Model T Haven liquidation sale

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by abonecollector, Oct 25, 2021.

1. I know, they are geared more for the restorer, but, A few of us Minnesota boys will be headed down to Iola KS. next month, to pick through the mountains of early ford iron. Just wondering who else will be travelling for this? sundgren.com is the website to take a look

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. burl

burl
    from Minnesota

Surprised he’s getting out not sure what the situation is. Defiantly has lot of stuff mainly for model t. Would be interesting to go.

3. I thought somebody posted he was moving the business to Florida and this was just thinning the herd ahead of time?

4. I would like, to go but first I would have to have money. LOL

2OLD2FAST likes this.

5. -Brent-

-Brent-

They've taken good care of me over the years. Glad to hear they're moving to warmer weather.

6. :eek:, that is a LOT of stuff.

7. Squablow

Squablow

I tried that website and I got directed to a realty office.

2OLD2FAST likes this.
  8. Daddy_O

Daddy_O

deucemac and Squablow like this.
  9. Squablow

Squablow

10. Squablow

Squablow

Holy shit that's a lot of stuff, looks like a WWII scrap drive in some places. I don't know how they're going to get through it all in 2 days. Some later stuff in there too, a bunch of 40's looking cars and trucks and even a pretty complete looking Lincoln Model K just sitting outside! Crazy.

If anyone goes to this I really hope pictures are taken, I'd love to know how they're going to break up some of those lots.

stillrunners and VANDENPLAS like this.
  11. [​IMG]
    The pic I saw. Hope some iron gets saved.

Hamtown Al and VANDENPLAS like this.
  12. That’s a pile of tin !!!!!!

2 days won’t scratch the surface unless there selling it by the ton !!

chevy57dude likes this.
  13. Wow......thanks for posting.....might be neat just to be there !

14. A week probably wouldn't be enough time to auction all of it.

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  15. alchemy

alchemy

I see nine big rows/piles. Probably sell "choice" out of each pile a couple times, then sell the remaining pile as one lot. Spend most of their time selling the higher dollar stuff like bodies and doors.

5window and VANDENPLAS like this.
  16. rusty valley

rusty valley

I have known of Mark and his business for many years now, but just last winter went to see the place. Its an amazing amount of tin, but much of it is just that...tin. Keep in mind he has been doing this for a long time, so any of the bodies he's ever had that were any good were sold long ago, and the body wreckage thats left is stripped of every bracket or brace that would make it worth saving. I have to give the man credit for not scrapping things, but really about 1/2 those rows of T parts have no value except scrap weight. The later cars he buys at auctions may be of interest to some builders, and I dont think he sells parts off of those. Much of his business thru the years has been piecing together T projects for customers in Europe.

-Brent- and Tman like this.
  17. So,.... that is why there is not any old tin to be found around Abilene, Kansas, it is ALL 170 miles away from me, in Iola, Kansas.

18. Imagine over 100 years after its debut, people are still interested in the T.

rusty valley and raven like this.
  19. rusty valley

rusty valley

Model T's are a lot of fun, just because they are so different to drive. Also, you get a lot of bang for your buck

20. man i wish i could nab that 'vair for cheap... i sadly cant make it, if i was closer i would drive there with a trailer and haul it home.