Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Is this Norm?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nochop, Oct 22, 2021.

1. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Sounds like the start of a good thread

Stogy likes this.
  2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My dream if shiny includes a week or two of road use to dull it up a bit with that driven look...I am not fond of something that can serve as a second option for a plate to eat off...just me...I mean I see it and can appreciate it but get it out and experience the open road...

You know the neighbor that washes the car every chance a spot of dirt shows up...this is not me...

Half done or not fully finished is a reality of Hotrod...I embrace it...to see this called a described as or called a Ratrod is disturbing...

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
    Fordors, Joe Blow and nochop like this.
  3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

...and you started it coincidentally...maybe if it was Norm it would be looked at differently...I just look at it as part of the reality and big picture...Some have echoed that here, I was too young for the reality of the Hotrod movement celebrated and bashed here...and without a doubt this was part of the good Ole days around the dinner table and wherever these dreams were unfolding...

I'm certainly now old enough to see the realities of the skewing of what was commonplace back then...That pic is influential to me and that's why I proudly shared it elsewhere...

I've had that smile in every old car I've had and nobody could wipe it off either...shiny or not...;)