Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Yikes!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nochop, Oct 23, 2021.

1. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

2. 19Fordy

19Fordy

You don't even get a title!

3. Squablow

Squablow

Am I missing something here? That doesn't seem all that ridiculous. I would agree that it's somewhat high priced due to it's rough condition, but full roller '32 Ford coupes with original steel bodies on original frames (with hood and grille, too) are not going to be dirt cheap or common.

4. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

My post is meant to be a bit tongue and cheek, I’m lucky I inherited my avatar, and would never part with it.

gimpyshotrods and VANDENPLAS like this.
  5. JimSibley

JimSibley

Well, if you look at whats there, it comes with a grill…1500$, decklid…1000$, boxed chassis…4000$, firewall….700$, garnish mouldings….200$, doors….16-1800$ a pair, that leaves the rest of the parts and the very rough body for a little over 5000$. Its a little high but , I have seen worse sell for more.

6. Jim correct , but if f he’s selling in a title or “ ownership “ state it’s worth 1/2 that as parts .

up here they charged the laws in Ontario snd it’s incredibly difficult to get an ownership for a car that’s not in the system.

so lots and lots of decent “ parts cars” are for sale for 5 grand or less.

If he had an ownership to go along with it, I think his asking price is very open for negotiation.

Truckdoctor Andy likes this.
  7. Ever heard about the rat saying that he was a bushy tail away from being hand fed in the park like them damn squirrels? Poor ol model A Ford was just one year away from being worth a fortune ;) bet your sweet ass it sells, not to me, but there's a market at that price.

8. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Like I said “yikes”, can you imagine the cost if you couldn’t do the work

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  9. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

10. redo32

redo32

11. That's why it's better to part out sometimes......especially in a state that needs a title to move forward.

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  12. Yes, it may be an original 1932 Ford 5 window coupe, but if you have to pay someone good money to do the body work correctly, it may not be such a good deal.

Hnstray and nochop like this.
  13. twenty8

twenty8

Some things are not measured in dollars and cents.

anthony myrick and nochop like this.
  14. HSF

HSF
    from Lodi CA

I don't think it's that bad. I see 4 door cars and long bed trucks on craigs that I wouldn't walk across the street to spit on being listed for the same and more. A title can be had with a statement of facts and a trip to the dmv.

15. I'll bet you could find a runner with a title for twice that amount and be money ahead.

16. Seems bout right.
    Title?
    I’ve never seen one older than1974 where I live.

17. Re, my comment and the following comment. " some things are not measured in dollars and cents". How about common sense ?

Hnstray, VANDENPLAS and WiredSpider like this.
  18. mickeyc

mickeyc

I agree with Lloyd. I have a fairly nice original 31 Model A coupe. Also a 32 three window roller
    that is decent. I was showing a non gearhead friend the two vehicles one time. I explained that
    if the Model A was one year newer it would be much more valuable. I stated that the 32 project
    worth at least twice what the running A was worth. He thinks car guys perspectives are flawed
    at the very least.

19. Squablow

Squablow

I don't remember the last time I saw a driver '32 Ford coupe for $30K, unless it was fiberglass. Also, that would require the buyer to have twice the money.

gimpyshotrods and VANDENPLAS like this.
  20. Well, I think he would need twice the money to get that thing on the road.

Hnstray, VANDENPLAS and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  21. Crocodile

Crocodile

I doubt that anyone on this board would list it for less. Sell to a friend, sure, that will be less. And asking price is not necessarily buying price. But, realistically, he is asking where you would start out.

HSF, VANDENPLAS, nochop and 2 others like this.