Register now to get rid of these ads!

Uncommon Engineering

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Silent_Orchestra, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

Okay, I know many of you guys have drooled over the Uncommon Engineering website, and have tossed and turned in your sleep dreaming about double blown flatties and blown Hudson sixes....Has any one actually seen their products in action? Or bought anything from them?
    I really want one of their Miller style superchargers....those are sweet...

Here's the site for those of you who have not seen it's glory,
    www.uncommonengineering.com

2. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

I've been drooling over their Potvin blower stuff, but i think i'm gunna make my own

3. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Those guys rock in my book and glad to see guys willing to go over the top for odd ball projects and not just sticking with the known basics. I would prefer that some of the detailing be a bit more vintage looking instead of fabbed alumn., but that is only my very minor preference and not a criticism of what they do in any way. You can't really criticize people that are doing cool stuff on that level and that far outside the box, especially when you are no where near capable of it yourself (speaking for myself of course).

4. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

The blown,injected flathead in my avatar was built by Steve at Uncommon Engineering.
    It resides in my '33 sedan. I am very happy with Steve's work. My '33 likes it too.

Doc.

draggin49 likes this.

5. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

Just a minor correction to your perception--there's no "those guys". There is only "that guy". He gets an idea, goes in the shop, locks the door, and works 26 hours a day until the project is done. He has an unbelievable capacity for work.

olscrounger likes this.
  6. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Steves shop is down the street from mine, he has some really cool ideas and works at gettin it done. Has some real cool flathead stuff and makes a blower for just about anything.

olscrounger likes this.
  7. morepower

morepower
    from northeast

Site no longer active?

Stogy likes this.
  8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not uncommon...but yes, the site is history...and the Hamber has been banned...that ain't good...pose your query and others may be able to help out...;)

@GMC BUBBA knows the fella apparently so perhaps he may chime in...

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  9. BILLIKENN

BILLIKENN

I talked to Steve early in the summer about making something crazy out of my 346 flathead cad this winter, and he told me he would be retiring soon so if I wanted to do it then I had better not wait. Guess he was serious.

Stogy likes this.
  10. pitman

pitman

We draw close as our career slows. Most here will support long-time contributors.
    When uncertain, good then to ask around.

Stogy likes this.