Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest When I was in school 60+ years ago "I heard" about....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 6sally6, Oct 20, 2021.

1. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I remember back in high school, there were some rumors of a local beer drinking, pot smoking long haired hippy with a loud obnoxious hot rod...oh wait a minute...it was probably me:eek:
    48b.jpg

2. Our local story is true I say - Fair Deal Auto salvage was a great yard ran by Hale Fry a self made millionaire most likely over maybe once. He was pretty overbearing you might say but right all the time. His only son Richard - he had two girls - pretty much got anything he wanted like an early Hemi engine Plymouth super stock car - we believe was a 1965 - that he did race at the local tracks. Fast forward to 1969 and he has gotten a new 1969 GP and has parked it in the garage with two dryer hoses hooked up to the dual exhaust and sits in it motor running until out of gas - while daddy and the brother in law Don are in SF, California when they get the call - the hardware store receipt was inside the car for the hoses. He didn't sit all that long but the mystery is who his estranged wife sold the Plymouth to - his daddy Hale swore his son waited months to get it and it came with a hemi - Don remembers going to the races with it and the only headers available were the dragster headers and they came up out of the engine bay. Think the car ended up at the local Hot Rod Exchange - as the Head Hunter - with the top cut off.

3. It lasted a lot longer on M*A*S*H

Deuces and VANDENPLAS like this.
  4. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Hey Jack, good looking photo.

Deuces and hotrodjack33 like this.
  5. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"I get by with a little help from my friends":(...thanks for the help Mitch:).

knucklenutz, Deuces and quick85 like this.
  6. upspirate

upspirate

Wonder if that was the Jag used in the movie "Convoy"

Deuces and VANDENPLAS like this.
  7. Lil32

Lil32

when I worked in country towns I always heard the story about a couple having sex in back of a mini at the drive in
    and the guy got stuck inside her and could not get out
    after all cars left drive in,the mini was the only car not to move,the operatorts found them stuck ,the roof
    was cut off the mini and they were taken to hospital. this was told at every town that had a drive in

Deuces and Boneyard51 like this.
  8. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I never cared for those "digital" corvettes :cool:

Deuces likes this.
  9. Yeah, this is a pretty common occurrence with cement truck drivers. Seems they attract that kind of women.

Deuces and Boneyard51 like this.
  10. Deuces

Deuces

Guess he was a chicken choker..:confused::eek:

11. Deuces

Deuces

Ok... Now I know....:(:oops::(...
    Those are some great lyrics....

12. Ok, TRUE STORY
    Back in the 80's I was working at a construction company that did asphalt paving, we had a early 70's Ford single axle dump truck with a gas motor and fiberglass tilt front end. Anyway, one day while paving a funeral home parking lot the driver dies in the truck while waiting in line to dump his load of asphalt. Because you don't want the asphalt to get cold in the truck one of the other drivers pushed the dead guy over to the other side of the seat and dumped the load.
    Ever since that day that truck engine had a miss and would shut off when driving by a cemetery, also blowing out all of the power steering fluid. I had gone out on the road more than once to get it running again, it was always the same story, put in some power steering fluid and crank it up. The miss was never really fixed, we had replaced carbs, distributors etc, none helped we even replaced the complete engine with a Ford rebuilt long block.... still had the miss.
    Now, I know there had to be a reason for the miss and the engine dying at times but it was never repaired. As the replacement motor was a long block there was some parts that had to be reused like the intake, could have had a crack in that intake causing the miss, I don't know. The one thing I do know is I will never forget that truck, the company number for that truck was 440.

Lil32, Truckdoctor Andy and Deuces like this.
  13. Deuces

Deuces

14. bill gruendeman

bill gruendeman

Do you still have it, asking for friend.

15. Deuces

Deuces

:confused::rolleyes:

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  16. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sure it wasn't 666 not 440?

46international and Deuces like this.
  17. It would have been more fitting to have been 666.
    Another thing was that some of the drivers would not drive that truck.

18. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Best one so far. LOL

19. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

many moons ago there was one of those crime scene cleanup places near my shop. one day there was a Honda out front with bullet holes in the windshield and and blood all over the drivers seat.... it is a bad day when your blood is no longer on your insides.

Deuces likes this.