Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Looking for a Fathead Engine Rebuild shop.. (AB Canada)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Alexander Mercer, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Alexander Mercer

Alexander Mercer

As the title states, I am looking to get some work done on my 8BA Flathead out of my '49 Ford.
    I am located in Red Deer, Alberta, Canada. Looking for somewhere in the Edmonton or Calgary areas or anywhere in between.

Attached Files:

2. There is a guy in Regina that seems to be the go to guy in Western Canada for Flathead builds. His name is Bill Boomer and his business is called Flatcat Flatheads but I am not exactly sure how one gets a hold of him. He used to advertise on Kijiji once in a while but haven't seen anything lately. I have seen mention of searching for him on Facebook on the Canadian Rodder forum so you might try there. You might want to ask there as someone may have contact info for him.

You also might try calling George Moir in Stony Plain (just West of Edmonton) they do antique Ford stuff and may be able to help or point you in the right direction.
    https://georgemoir.ca/

3. Change your title to Flathead engine rebuild shop .
    It will get better replies.
    Very few shops really know flatheads,,,,all shops,,,,,and rebuilders ,,,are not equal .
    That looks like an excellent core to start with,,,,,it should turn out great !

Tommy

Alexander Mercer likes this.
  4. Alexander Mercer

Alexander Mercer

Thanks for the tips! I'll see what they say

5. Alexander Mercer

Alexander Mercer

Thank you! Updated the title as suggested. I'm hoping this will turn out well. It was rebuilt already sometime in the 70's/80's, so thankfully it wasn't too crusty. and came apart easily

Desoto291Hemi likes this.
  6. 4bangerbob

4bangerbob
    from AB, Canada

found this on the internet from a few years back. "Bill Boomer # 306 - 536-9794" link is https://canadianrodder.com/forum/index.php?threads/flathead.21954/

Alexander Mercer likes this.
  7. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

if your going to be shipping it, get it crack tested locally first.

8. patterg2003

patterg2003

Alexander. I sent you a pm with links to Bill Boomer's contact info and his list of the work he can do on a flathead.
    Glenn

9. rusty valley

rusty valley

Now, with this post, we see you are in Red Deer, why not put that in your avatar so anyone near by can see the location, and help you?

kidcampbell71 likes this.