Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1932 Ford Roadster P-51

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by AULIZ, Nov 21, 2020.

1. AULIZ

AULIZ

Good note. I have not realized that. It´s new Navarro intake. I need bolt on 12v generator and check belt line.
    aulis

Stogy likes this.
  2. AULIZ

AULIZ

Generator is fit perfect. Pre 1948 generator is same line with waterpump pulleys.
    Aulis

Stogy likes this.
  3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was just chuckling about you wishing for real cold weather to keep your friends away from hanging out...tell them to go to the Hamb and hang out there and read your Thread...we are easier to control that way...we supply our own beverages but man are we eagle eyed...:D

I'm glad your alignment is okay...but if it wasn't you never let these issues get you down, that's one thing I know about you that's for sure...very mild October this way...no frosts in the forecast yet and some 20 to 15°C days for the next 2 weeks...

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
    brady1929 likes this.
  4. AULIZ

AULIZ

Hello
    I lift down engine two weeks ago. Have problem with harman collins magneto.
    There was not enough magnetism. When turned big magneticwheel , it was turn too easy.
    Normally when there is "everything home" very hard to turn and when magnetic release it push foward to next tight point..... I say, magneto must turn like "twitching".

I send magneto to magnetoman, who is built system to get 8cyl. magneto remagnetized.

Aulis

stoker-927.jpg

5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Man and the Beast...aka The Flathead...you really give them fuel and boost...a pleasure to watch so much to know...and when I get lost there's the pics...they truly are Mechanical Art...with an incredible aftermarket wave of so many things...go fast...

brady1929 likes this.
  6. AULIZ

AULIZ

Hello Stogy
    Thanks. I try my best. If I would be rich man, I would built very much flathead engines. I would buy own dyno and test different parts, combinations, tune up´s......

Last Saturday Oskar was drive my 1965 GS Buick. 10y and 150cm long driver is nothing what Finnish Police is interested in.....:)

Aulis

oskar-69.jpg

brEad, 34 5W Paul, Chris L. and 2 others like this.
  7. 34 5W Paul

34 5W Paul
    from Fresno CA

Go Oskar! I cut my teeth about that age in a '62 Falcon 6cyl 3 speed manual "three on the tree" in the parking lot of the Phillips 66 gas station where my brother worked. It flanked a drive in theater and had about a quarter mile not on the street. Back and forth, time and time again. Fifty year later and it seems like yesterday. Ol' Oskar is creating some beautiful memories. Just don't pass any of those police officers!

Stogy and nunattax like this.
  8. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

[​IMG]learned in one of these austin A40. steering and 1-2 gearchanging before my feet could touch the pedals

Stogy likes this.
  9. AULIZ

AULIZ

Thanks Men! I remember also my first car (Fiat 600) when i was 10y old. My mother and father were so angry, when I drove car home.... I bought it 100FIM (Finnish mark) and drive long way (10-15km) home thru fieldroads.
    They were not happy when I was bought 350 Yamaha old TT (RoadRacing) race MC. I was 14-15 and every morning I drive school (didnt like free schoolbus...). Police were waiting for me after school. They had old early 70´s Saab 99 and didnt catch me, but they wrote ticket to my father..... That circus stops, when father "deactivate" my MC...
    1st time american car experience was also something what never forget. 1965 Buick Skylark. 60´s american cars had very much faster and stronger brakes than old European cars (UK, Italy, German,..). 1st brake with buick and I hit my face to steering wheel. I got black eyes (panda).....

Oskar told me "too fast and strong brake and trottle". He has experience. Many times he has drive my Roush F-150 pick up and C-turbo diesel mercedes. He has sit between me and steering wheel and I have had pedal control. Buick pedals are more near seat and of course he is taller...

Aulis

brEad, 34 5W Paul, Chris L. and 4 others like this.