Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Studebaker's lets see them

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ZZ-IRON, May 20, 2010.

1. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

E779904E-E0C4-4205-BD87-4103FD1A8558.jpeg 2B270846-AF7A-4CCC-907E-7FAAD04D62A1.jpeg [A

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  2. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

[​IMG]

Thanks for posting those photos of the "Rocketeer/Dr Evil" car I first saw in Paso Robles. I think this may be the fourth paint job it's had but it mostly looks the same. It's interesting that they removed the 52 headlight rims which I always liked.

It has an Oregon plate now but I'm not sure what kind of plate that is. Do you know where and when the photos of it were taken?

Paul B, Jalopy Joker and loudbang like this.
  3. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Stole them off Google. I remember that my buddys neighbor built it it Livermore Ca

loudbang likes this.
  4. loudbang

loudbang

5. 55zephyr

55zephyr

259 Studebaker powered and proud to advertise the fact.
    Ron. 27374141110_0c80e2eb77_o.jpg

KoolKat-57, bchctybob, Stogy and 4 others like this.
  6. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Stude V8s are way under rated!

Stogy, 55zephyr and loudbang like this.
  7. loudbang

loudbang

8. loudbang

loudbang

9. Here is a 61 mild kustom i bought last weekend. Has a Chevy 350 and a T10 in it. Hope someone more then me like it?

Attached Files:

bchctybob, vtx1800, Hnstray and 5 others like this.
  10. loudbang

loudbang

11. cabong

cabong

My wife's Lark at rest.... She first saw this critter in about 1993, sitting in a storage yard. Dull yellow original paint and "Starwires", but otherwise pretty clean. She lamented over asking about it for a year or so, when all of a sudden it was gone. She asked and was told it had been stolen, but to check with the owner, who had a Jaguar repair shop next door. Ernie was a tall, slim fellow who reminded me of Louie Gossett Jr. He said the f'n n####s in Oakland had stolen it for the wire wheels. It took a while for me to figure out how to respond to that. Ernie, turns out, was a really nice, compassionate, guy, and loved this Lark. He went on to say that the thieves didn't just steel the wheels, but went on to kick in every panel on the car, including the top. A month later, I saw this poor heap sitting in a County impound yard, and asked Ernie if he knew that. He did, and we trekked over to take a look. Ernie was sick, and I asked what the yard wanted to get it out. Price was 3 grand. Never happen. I argued with the little turd who owned the yard, and got him down to $800.00. I went back out to take a final look, and determine if I really wanted to go to the trouble. It was raining, and the poor baby was knee deep in mud, sitting on the drums. Ernie said I could have it if I wanted it. I said "No Way", it was waaaay too much work. Did I mention that every piece of glass in the car had been busted out!!! Well, I turned around and walked away, but stopped after about ten steps. Big mistake. I looked over my shoulder and for the life of me, all I could see was the first 3 letters of that damned license plate. "I am so screwed" I told myself, how can I not save it, when the damned thing is sayin "Pleeeze"..... So I did, and hid it from Nancy for 6 months while I fixed it up in a friends shop. I surprised her on Christmas day with the little Lark, complete with flattened Centari enamel. She told me years later that she thought I was having an affair, since I was spending so much time away from home. The next year I yanked the little 6 and put in a 289 Kettering from a '62 Stude Hawk, complete with a close ratio 4-speed. Well, it's been over 35 years, and we both still love this bugger !! Lark 004.JPG Please.jpg

12. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Great story! Too much Disney in me I think all my stuff is alive and has feelings. :eek:

13. cabong

cabong

Hey Six Ball !! Only a few have feelings, and those of use who react to that know which ones they are.... Take for instance, this shifter and knob was on a 3-sp OD tranny behind a late flattie (I have both), and judging from very short shifter, was most likely in a channeled rod of some kind. One of these days (better be soon) it will tell me what it wants to be in, and I can make us both happy. Granted, it's not black with a V8 on it, but that the point!! 8BA tranny.jpg cool shifter.jpg

bchctybob, Six Ball and loudbang like this.
  14. Jessie J.

Jessie J.

That shift knob brought me into remembrance of attending 'Vacation Bible School' back in 1961. They taught us kids how to make colorful plastic resin castings. As I recall, I embedded a scorpion in mine.
    If that knob could talk, it would likely have a story to tell. :)

Six Ball and loudbang like this.
  15. Jessie J.

Jessie J.

Many years ago I named each of my Studebakers after a departed beloved uncle.
    That is why they remain with me till its my time.

loudbang likes this.
  16. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

As a kid on the farm I learned not to name anything I might be eating soon. :(
    The kids if Craft class at my high school turned out hundreds of laminated plastic tear drop & shift knobs. I think about 3/4 of the cars in the parking lot had them. :cool:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2023
    loudbang, Jessie J. and Hnstray like this.
  17. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

3102AB64-7F5E-4F87-B5E2-91DAC95CDC7A.jpeg

My ‘60 Lark VIII…….

Ray

18. loudbang

loudbang

19. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Nice car. Interesting with no stainless, belt line side trim. You hardly ever see them without.

Mike

20. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Thank you. But the side moldings are there, just a weak contrast in the partially shaded side view.

Ray

loudbang likes this.
  21. loudbang

loudbang

22. ^^^that's a Rambler American!...nice one tho.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
    Stu D Baker likes this.
  23. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

I have often wondered how much of a connection there was between Rambler & Studebaker at the end. Those Ramblers look very Studish.

24. loudbang

loudbang

Got it, it's gone.

25. loudbang

loudbang

26. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

There is no connection I know of between the two. The Rambler was a product of American Motors which was the result of Nash and Hudson merging in 1954.

Studebaker merged with Packard in the same era. So four makes merged into two surviving corporations but there was no automotive business link between AMC and Studebaker-Packard.

Ray

bchctybob, LOST ANGEL and loudbang like this.
  27. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

I know that officially there was not a connection. I wonder if there were employees/designers that went from one to the other. It's just the Larks & the early '60s Ramblers.

bchctybob and loudbang like this.
  28. loudbang

loudbang

The roof of these wagons slides forward and camper slides in :)

1 stude4 .jpg

29. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

My son and I bought one of those wagons for parts in a wrecking yard. The guy said we could leave it there, take what we wanted and leave the rest or take it when ever we wanted. We waited too long. :(

loudbang likes this.
  30. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker