Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects It's alive!!! A 1957 Fargo Tale....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Fargo, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Don’t feel bad Stogy, I spend most of my life feeling behind.

2. Whew,,,,,
    Lane when I first saw the engine out I almost panicked,,,,,I didn’t realize it was the old one at first glance .
    Good,,,that new rebuild will work great !
    I really like the hinge design on the Fargo,,,,,makes it all go better .

Also,,,,,any guy that still works on a gravel floor is a true car guy,,,,,,,Dedicated !

Tommy

3. No budget for concrete, gravel it is, also makes spills easy to clean up!;)

The downfall is you don’t roll the engine hoist to the vehicle, you roll the vehicle to the engine hoist.:)

LWEL9226, 61Cruiser, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  4. Couldn't tell you how many I've done hanging from a tree lol. Some folks just don't know how spoiled they are brother! My best paint jobs was on a gravel floor.

5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ahhh...just like a Norman Rockwell Painting...or is it an Old Canadian Tire Catalog...:confused:...and yes I have went out on a limb...

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
    loudbang likes this.
  6. Just gotta do what a guy has gotta do to keep building cars.

Stogy likes this.
  7. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I can imagine you have an awe inspiring property away from the chaos that is today...nice to visit it here and there but not so good to live in...

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
    loudbang likes this.
  8. @Stogy I have 17 acres in a beautiful spot. I can stand anywhere on my property and not see anyone else, closest places are at least a mile away. I was going to build a smaller shop a couple years ago and decided to hold off. It will happen one day, until then I’ll just keep playing cars as I can. I have no desire to live anywhere else right now.
    I’ve said it before, there are no excuses to not do this stuff if you really want to.

When I’m home I can forget about the chaos…

9. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Dig the Fargo man... I've ran countless miles on my 56 Dodge, turns tighter than anything of that year for sure, just have to keep your arms in good shape to turn the wheel at slow speeds...

Keep up the good work man...

IMG_0560.JPG

10. Thanks, I added power steering turns easily. I’ve always dug your truck as well.

I forgot to update the thread, I got the motor in and running, way more fun to drive now, waiting for a carb kit so I can go through the Carter I have and I’ll swap the four barrel intake on it.

Mostly I’m just having fun driving it.

11. Oh the 65 year old speedo cable broke, they don’t make things like they used to I guess. My solution was to take the one out of a ‘55 Plymouth parts car I drug home this summer.
    Hopefully the 67 year old one is better quality.:D

12. FD81D8D9-10B5-4E10-8E8E-6336BA11FDCF.jpeg
    using the old girl to pull parts for my tow vehicle. Notice no pavement anywhere and it’s raining

13. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

What power steering box you got in there, looks like a decent fit from what I can see...

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  14. It’s a 708 Saginaw box off a 80 ish Chevy truck, it was a very easy swap, it had a tilt column out of a Chevy van as well. 33D2D7A5-6DAA-4C4C-A48A-80682043E366.jpeg 33D2D7A5-6DAA-4C4C-A48A-80682043E366.jpeg C506CD38-A0D7-44BF-A0C7-2FF25F83A397.jpeg D0122B6C-CB51-4FAE-91B8-520D94D57934.jpeg
    I was going to build a mount for the fourth hole on the box and never did. I seem to remember having to twist the pitman arm to level it out, quite honestly I need to swap to a longer pitman as I did lose some turning radius.

Stogy and stubbsrodandcustom like this.
  15. Lane ,
    Take care of that Fargo,,,,it looks great.
    I’m really excited for you,,,,you’ve worked hard on it for some time .
    You deserve it man,,,,,drive it all you can .

Tommy

Stogy, loudbang and 57 Fargo like this.
  16. Thanks Tommy, I appreciate it, it’s not going anywhere. I should have finished it sooner.

Stogy and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  17. Finally an update. A couple weeks ago Ashley sent the door panel upholstery back to me, as I’ve come to expect they look great. I worked on getting door panels ready to put together this morning. I’m using coreplast for the boards, got the passenger side cut and ready for upholstery.

F83572FF-40FF-447D-A704-4968025D5DDB.jpeg D6D79264-2EBC-4F14-B106-D5DFA682045B.jpeg D5639548-D4C2-4B27-A4D7-94961A5586F0.jpeg

We will see how bad I can screw it up gluing it all together….

Found some ‘59 Dodge car armrests I had laying around, they bolt right into the truck. Convenient. Going to paint the bases white and recover the tops white.
    3014058A-B4BD-49B5-9506-962223775EC8.jpeg
    9F8A1419-5518-46F5-B450-71CC0F8C67BC.jpeg

Stogy and Blue One like this.
  18. Lane that will be great,,,,,are you gonna have Mrs . Lloyd upholstery shop do them for you ?

Tommy

19. Tommy, she did the door panels, I’ll put them on the boards, I’ll screw up the armrests all on my own.:( Mail order upholstery!:)

20. Lol you need some good warm sunshine to lay those covers in!! I guess in hindsight we should've rolled them up. Heat will do wonders for them man.

21. I do have one complaint about the package I got from Ashley at Wicked Stitch Upholstery….after I unpacked the extra material she sent for me to cover random things and the beautifully done door panels, I discovered…..

Wait for it…..

I still can’t believe it…..

No free shirt from the upholstery shop!! :D:D
    Seriously look her up for upholstery, Lloyd is ok as well.;)

Stogy likes this.
  22. Did she not send you a shirt already??

23. You sent me one of yours, I don’t have one of hers but I’m just being a smartass! Can’t find anything else to complain about!

They are laid out flat on my spare bed now to flatten out!

Stogy and Lloyd's paint & glass like this.
  24. Holy crap!! I'm so sorry my brother! It will be in the mail Friday! You're her first customer, of course you get a shirt! :D

25. seriously man I’m not worried about it! I’ll be a repeat customer. Trust me.

Stogy likes this.
  26. D23F14C8-7FEF-453E-AF77-06C76E272D84.jpeg
    Spring update time…. Swapped the four barrel intake on with an old school Carter AFB. Built myself a dual snorkel air cleaner. Started out as a single snorkel. I made two new 2.5” inlets and welded ‘em on. In true dumbass fashion I didn’t take any pictures…

27. Oh and the fuel pump sprung a leak.:(:mad:

Stogy likes this.
  28. I like the air cleaner, you're like a mad genius :D

Stogy, hotrodjack33 and 57 Fargo like this.
  29. Never been accused of being a genius…mad yes, genius no.

30. My inspiration for my air cleaner.
    29BFA64E-0401-4792-A181-7784E72976EF.png
    Once it warms up some more I’ll paint it.

Randall, Jeff Norwell, Stogy and 2 others like this.