Register now to get rid of these ads!

35-36 Fords

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dooley, Apr 26, 2006.

1. bluebrian

bluebrian
    from dallas

Django, that is damn sweet.
    I love the hood/front belly pan idea...
    When i saw the drawing thats what i thought it was and thought, "hmmm i should try that sometime"
    Low and behold you are doing it that way.

2. GomezGarage

GomezGarage

Do modified pick ups count... Here's mine before my move out west...

Attached Files:

3. 32to40

32to40

4. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

My buddy Al's 36 2 dr sedan that he turned into a sedan delivery. I remember when he brought it home in '88.

The rear side glass was replaced with sheet metal that follows the contour of the body. It's got a rear door that looks, fits, and shuts like it was factory, with drip rail above it and 32 Ford hinges.

It's being redone now, will likely be orange and black when he is finished
    [​IMG]

5. weemark

weemark
    from scotland

chad that project looks like it will turn out really nice, i especially like the hood/bellypan idea - I look forward to seeing how it progresses.

hwchaser how did you get the rear of you car to sit down as far as that? any pics of the work?

32-40 any spare windshield stanchions kicking about?

6. Here's my '36 3-window. It's been in hibernation for a few years. Folks around here forgot I even have it.

I drove it so much I wore out the engine. Cam went flat and valve guides must be oval shaped. I'm in the slow process of building a 327.

Attached Files:

7. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Nice roadster 32to40.

keep em coming fellas.

8. wheels1950

wheels1950
    from PA. USA

Have this Cabr. for sale if you like early style Kustoms this would be the car for you.I did want 45,000 but will take a reasonable offer on the car.Can send a few pic to your EMail if serious about it.Take partial trade up to 10,000.Thanks EMail [email protected] MR.L

Attached Files:

9. Someday I'll be in a position to start my convertible sedan. I bought it 6 years ago, but you know how it goes. I've collected for it a 483" stroker Ford FE, and plan on a 5 speed.

[​IMG]

Steve

10. Mr 42

Mr 42
    from Sweden

Its a start is it not?!

I have a frame lined up and rear and front axle, and some wheels.
    yea i have a gearbox and a 59 AB laying around to ;-)

[​IMG]

11. 55olds88

55olds88

My mate Al here in N.Z. Publisher of NZ Rodder and Petrolhead magazine is a fan of 36's...... and he likes old Fords :) here ought to be a pic of his 36 4 door and 36 tudor project, if anyone has a pair of 35-6 tudor doors they don't need drop me a pm as you can see Al is with out doors for the project..... Prefer west coast ish but anywhere considered.

Attached Files:

12. Chopped Tudor

Chopped Tudor
    from DETROIT

here's 2 of mine

blue one a has a 298 ci blown flathead
    black one has a 322 ci blown buick

Attached Files:

telekenfun likes this.
  13. Django

Django
    from Chicago

It's like the 3-in-1 AMT kits that I have that were my Dad's. Black or baby blue. I should dig them out and take a picture.

14. 32to40, I thought I"ve seen that rod before. How's that nice 40? Didn't see you at the So. Cal. open house. My 36 3-win. was parked in front. I think Don has it on his page. It's due for a lowering. That frame still in the rafters? See you around, Mike

15. Weemark, Dynamite pair. Same color roadster stored in the garage in Yorba Linda I told you about a while ago. What's the plan? Keep me posted. Mike

16. 32to40

32to40

Weemark-

I am the same guy who e-mailed you about the 35 stanchions off the Fordbarn.I found them and I will send you some pictures in the morning.

Hi Irish Mike-

The frame is still in the rafters and the 40 is the same as when you saw it.
    I was at the open house parked in a driveway a few doors past So-Cal. I missed your car again (must have been the heat stroke from sitting in line for 3 hours trying to get into the swap).

17. Wltr_Mitty

Wltr_Mitty

New project. Here's a couple of pics pulling the '36 5W out from the barn. First time in the sunlight in almost 50 yrs. Still getting "acquainted" with her.

Attached Files:

18. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    quikee proyecto

19. weemark

weemark
    from scotland

hi 32-40 looking forward to getting the pics, if you have any more roadster bits you want rid of drop me a mail...

irish-mike i dont plan to do very much to it and anything i do will be bolt/on bolt/off so it can go back to original if needed. i plan to get an original axle dropped by 2", get a main leaf for the front end made up wiht reverse eyes, maybe drop the back end by the same amount, 3"? then get a 24 stud flattie for it with some nice heads and a twin carb intake - the usual dress up stuff.

i am kind of looking for chopped stanchions as 32-40 mentions but dont know if im going to use a chopped screen yet - if I do then i need to think about getting a chopped hood for it - not the easiest thing in the world to do from over here.

20. Django

Django
    from Chicago

the chop turned out nice Travis.

21. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

Wow... I knew it was coming but didn't realize it was this far along! Nice job on the concept!

22. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I really like that look! We've got a '35 coupe and was thinking that would be a good look for ours. If you're ever in the Vegas area with it, I would really appreciate you stopping by to compare and contrast with our coupe. Lookin' good man! Keep us posted!

BTW... where in Utah are you and can you post some more pics?

Scooter

23. titus

titus

heres a pic of my neglected 36 roadster project (i think i bought a running flathead powered chassis for it (keep my fingers crossed) and then ill drag it back out and get the floors all done and get it drivng, maybe to the pile up!

and then a shot of my dads 35-3window, hes still busy collecting parts for it.

titus

Attached Files:

24. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

that illustration reminds me of the old coupe
    I practiced on a couple years ago.
    a guy from Exile choppers bought it,
    but I don't think he was capable of finishi8ng it.
    TP

Attached Files:

25. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

rear shot
    this car was crazy,
    built a hole new frame from 2x6,
    TP

Attached Files:

26. AllSteel34

AllSteel34

My old man's '35 a week after entering my shop...

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 007.jpg

Chris

27. Janne

Janne

There might be people who don't watch friday art show so here it goes:

My little brother bought 1936 Cabriolet project last december, and here is couple of concept sketches I made.
    ´38 La Salle grille
    ´40 Chevy headlights
    ´41 Merc bumpers
    +custom made taillights, flush skirts and tonneau cover? or what is it called?

Attached Files:

28. 35ratbstr

35ratbstr
    from Colorado

Here is a one. Who's up for a challenge.....
    ive been keepin it around to cut the roof off, maybe a duvall windshield???

Attached Files:

29. Bugman

Bugman

Some fancy pants big shot TV star built this one.

Attached Files:

telekenfun likes this.
  30. Anyone want an Australian '36 coupe ute? I know a guy with a body for sale (needs work), also another guy who makes the rear tub panels.