Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 32 Ford Pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krylon32, Oct 16, 2021.

1. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Really cool deuce pickup in the latest issue of Modern Rodding built by Moal Coach Builders. It's not what you are used to seeing from Moal. Worth a look.

40ragtopdown, SPEC and kidcampbell71 like this.
  2. 5window

5window

I can't see much without subscribing. The body looks pretty good but a 350 mouse on a modern hot rod chassis may not get it HAMB friends. What's so special?

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  3. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Looks good to me!

upload_2021-10-16_10-18-59.png

sko_ford, Cymro, willysguy and 5 others like this.
  4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dang I think I let my subscription laps on that one. Not for the "I'll go blind if I see billet" brigade though.

sko_ford likes this.

5. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska

If you have to ask?

6. A Boner

A Boner

What’s so special...old truck with a SBC, that’s what, with a Moal Coach Builders chassis to boot!

fauj likes this.
  7. proartguy

proartguy
    from Sparks, NV

SBC have been in hot rods since they came out in 1955. The pickup is certainly a different style build for Moal.

8. deuceman32

deuceman32

Pretty cool truck alright. Also cool when one builder praises another's work. I look at that 3W in Krylon's avatar and can't help thinking about the pot and the kettle....

9. Look at the pickup he has for sale!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. 5window

5window

I don't care, and run an SBC myself. And, no question it's nice. But, there are quite a few build threads no longer here because someone wanted to put an old body on a modern fabbed chassis. Not for me to decide. Just wondering. If you put a new handle and a new head on George Washington's axe, is it still George Washington's axe? Maybe it could run as a custom.

11. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sure looks a lot like a 100 other '32 pickups out there...but with a six figure price tag:eek:

12. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska

I am truly sorry I started this thread. I was just showing appreciation for a well done truck. If you read the article you would know they updated the original truck frame. If it wasn't for reproduction parts there wouldn't be much left of this hobby. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have original parts at their disposal. Does that mean they should not do a car? SBC motors have been in hot rods since their inception.Everyone can't afford or want a flat head or banger. I guess some of the comments above are why this forum is so dam frustrating at times. I know I'm not as qualified to comment as many of you are, I've only been doing this for 50+ years and built a couple cars in that time period. I guess it's time for me to quit commenting on this forum as most of the time what I say is po poed by some of you who are much more knowledgeable. One more thing, the pickup I have listed for sale probably should not be allowed cause God forbid it has a SBC!

13. twenty8

twenty8

Please hang around @krylon32 . You have been helpful and valuable around here for a long time, and after reading your input in many threads, I, for one, am thankful guys like you are here. I may be just a FNG (well, grenade inspector now I think), but I would bet there are many, many more out there that know a good hot rod builder when they see it..............

I have not even had a look at the pickup you are refering to yet, but I know it won't be worth losing valuable HAMB members.......:(

14. mickeyc

mickeyc

Krylon, dont quit the hamb. I like and admire your builds and
    your shop operation as well. As for Moal I think their vehicles
    are some of the finest to be found anywhere. The roadster
    Moal built for Wayne Carini is very traditional and beautiful.
    I get flamed on the Hamb often, dont sweat it some guys
    just like to look for something to criticize.

15. Jones St.

Jones St.

This kind of build? Just leave out mentioning the 350 (2nd poster) and BAM! 0038Steves-1.jpg no problems.

16. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Krylon don't leave Bud.You're the Man,Have been for many years.I remember you well from back in the eighties at the swap meets in Denver, when I worked at Masterpiece.The quality of your stuff was amazing then as it is now. Stick around. Please.Did you find a welder?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  17. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Krylon your addicted. Just ignore the negative comments. I know and appreciate your opinion and have seen your work first hand. That truck you posted is the cats ass. I bet it handles and rides a hell of a lot better than my original framed and suspended Hotrod pickup. I’ve spent my whole life working on OHV’s what’s not to like.

fauj, kidcampbell71 and akoutlaw like this.
  18. ronzmtrwrx

ronzmtrwrx

krylon32, Do not be sorry for starting this thread. For what it’s worth, I agree with what you’re saying. If you took a poll, I think you’d find far more folks in agreement with you than not. And as for those “far more knowledgeable than you” ....that’s only in their mind, lol. Keep posting. Your knowledge is appreciated by many many people out here. And by the way, I like that little truck. Looks like it would be a fun one to get in and drive.

kidcampbell71 and akoutlaw like this.
  19. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Cool truck Gary and do understand the build. I think we here on the hamb forget not everyone turns a wrench. Plus most of us build our own cars and trucks and think about how many have the knowledge or tools to do that. Working on cars is not for everyone and having a updated drivetrain can be more dependable. I would like to hear more or pictures that are hamb friendly. As I am doing a 32 truck right now .
    Not really sure what’s with the sbc bashing lately as it’s a proven implant and over 65 years of old sbc laying around.
    What I find interesting is trying to find parts for the different odd cool motors. I have been looking for engine parts for my other build and have been searching for almost a year .

20. 5window

5window

Wasn't trying to start a fuss. Sorry.

21. SPEC

SPEC

It's a great truck! Thanks for posting it.

22. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I want to see more and bigger pictures of the cool lookin 32 that @krylon32 speaks of.

Tman and kidcampbell71 like this.
  23. brady1929

brady1929

People are just grumpy these days. It's easier to come up with crappy things to say, for some people. By the way, I have an original 32 5w project, it's going to have a 327. Plus a TKO 500 transmission. And I don't care what anyone says about it.

24. twenty8

twenty8

I know, I know, you don't care what anyone says about your '32 project, but I'm going to say it anyway............
    Sounds cool.:cool:

brady1929 likes this.
  25. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

I am with ya buddy as I have two power pack motors waiting in the back ground and a 383 stroker for another project . I love the sbc and love all motors lol well old ones...
    @5window I wasn’t bashing the sbc or any posting and just making a observation and sorry if I worded it wrong or poorly as I am a dumb mechanic toolmaker , we work in numbers not words lol

brady1929 likes this.
  26. A Boner

A Boner

Guess the SBC isn’t old enough to be traditional...they have only been around for 66 years!
    For reference, in 1948 the 32 Ford was 16 years old.
    Love flatheads...in other owners cars, and in my lawnmower! HaHaHa.

HemiDeuce and brady1929 like this.