Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Look what showed up today.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by keith27T, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That was a hit that sure must have been memorable...:eek:

loudbang likes this.
  2. I no taking the bumper of was.

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I bet...big Honking rusty tights...:eek:

Nothing better than skinned knuckles and rust in the eyes...:oops:

loudbang and keith27T like this.
  4. Little more progress. Disassembled. Now to clean up and put back together. 38A33CC5-7B6A-4595-B67F-65C4A0A083EF.jpeg

Stogy, loudbang, Thor1 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Hey v8flatt44,
    Yes did some checking getting a couple bottles. AC Delco EOS (Engine Oil Supplement)
    Canada Part#992869 Has anyone here had any experiences with this product? How much do you use?
    Searching, but seems people have different opinions.
    When I changed the oil I used Lucas 10/30.

loudbang likes this.
  6. Keith, last I knew GM did not recommend using it as an oil additive. Isn't that just a zinc supplement for new assembly run in?

MBog and loudbang like this.
  7. Not sure, some guys add it. That's why I am asking first.

loudbang likes this.
  8. jaracer

jaracer

If I remember right it was about the equivalent to STP.

loudbang likes this.
  9. Okay just go the stuff.
    It says: Sticky Lifter And Noisy Valve Train: Add the contents to SF/CC, SG/CC, additive.jpg SH/CD engine oils at or between oil changes. If condition persists, consult your ACDelco Dealer.
    Also for new cam/lifters. rebuild engines.
    My question is , what are these oils I can add it to?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
    loudbang, Deuces and Stogy like this.
  10. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

i am a little late to the party but, you can't use adjustable push rods in olds motors. there isn't enough room between the rocker and the head. i had a 394 and put in a hot hydraulic cam and tried the push rods and had to put them into the block to get it to run. very hard to adjust without it running. they used to make adjustable rockers back in the day but they were more than the push rods so i tried them. bad move.

loudbang likes this.
  11. Budget36

Budget36

I believe the SF/-etc are the type of oil spec. Should see that on your oil can/bottle as well. I assume it’s compatible with those types only?

loudbang likes this.
  12. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, you just picked up several miles per gallon with that anchor laying on the garage floor. LOL

loudbang likes this.
  13. Bumper on today. Not perfect but it’s better then it was.
    Now to clean it up and reinstall the signal lights.
    Need a new signal lense and headlight ring which I found on ebay. Should be here next week.

Attached Files:

Squablow, loudbang and Thor1 like this.
  14. Moving along. Painted the rims and found some white wall tires for them. Looks like original. Re did front brakes, and hoses. Back brakes where okay. Just had to be clean them up. Finally replaced the valve covers gaskets and carb vacuum line. Think I am going to replace the master cylinder and the brake line to the back brakes it is a little rusty. 2F61C296-5D8A-489D-BDFB-C1F17BD78E1F.jpeg 1DF91500-B9D9-4EE4-9A5F-66A6BA20C00C.jpeg Also am going to replace the rusty fuel line. And then thinking about putting a trans cooler in and changing the trans filter.
    It’s coming along.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    guthriesmith, Squablow, Al T and 2 others like this.
  15. Update:
    Installed new master cylinder, brake line, and new brake hose. Now need to bleed the lines.
    Picked up a new fuel pump, as looks like mine is leaking around the gaskets. Will replace with new filter as well. Then onto the fuel line and trans filter and gasket...........

MBog, Texas57, Thor1 and 1 other person like this.
  16. She’s on the ground! A1AF7D0A-E267-445D-BBD3-8B89DE0D2D66.jpeg FC3F666D-6FAF-4E2D-9075-AB65AAB83A78.jpeg

17. Finally got her on the road this car is a really nice riding car, I never drove an Oldsmobile.
    With the price off 94 these days, she is a little expensive to go on long trips. But what a joy to drive. Oh and the valves sound much better after a tuneup and a trip down the hwy.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
    MCjim, treb11, Budget36 and 5 others like this.
  18. SS327

SS327

EOS is good to use in a flat tappet engine. Has the highest crush strength of any lubricant I have ever used. Do not use it in a roller cammed engine! It has such a high film strength that there is not enough friction for the rollers on the tappets to roll and will flatspot the roller eventually once EOS is no longer used. It also should not be used with every oil change. I’m an ex Buick mechanic.

Thor1 and Budget36 like this.
  19. Thanks for this info. Will be adding at every oil change????

20. gatz

gatz

Nice vehicle !
    I remember those as new.

21. SS327

SS327

Every other oil change or every 2 changes is all you need.

22. Thanks for that SS327

23. Added original rings to the wheels.
    Summer time 1817DBAD-950D-4ED2-A66F-063DD70F9A27.jpeg

Thor1, Algoma56 and anothercarguy like this.