Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Mysterious Mini T

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by straykatkustoms, Oct 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  2. I saw that in another thread, pretty cool.

And I believe thats @Malcolm's old F100 in Pats blog?

And thanks for the link as well! That green speedster was always a car I dug

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  3. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

Volksrods were the shit once upon a time. Cool. I also remember Jim Babb had a cool little (as in tiny) C-Cab with a Subaru engine.

Just Gary, 69thumper, y'sguy and 2 others like this.
  4. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

He`s @BigJoeArt on here. Check out the thread My radical little T coupe here as well. Ask him how much a one gallon gas can costs as well as how far he can drive the Mini T before you run out of gas.

5. y'sguy

y'sguy
    from Tulsa, OK

VolksRods, I liked 'em. Then I didn't. Now I do again! I might want one.

6. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He told a lot of entertaining stories. When he goes to the gas station, the radiator cap is the gas cap. Says he gets a lot of strange looks. Lol! I thought he told me he has a ten gallon tank know.

Tim, Sancho and jim snow like this.
  7. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

Pretty sure its a well known build from the 70's, Magazine featured at the time. The Tamalewagon, Owner is on Insta, wagtag_rodshop.
    Its based on a hand fabricated 1912 Sears delivery, scaled down by half., built by Wille West, originally in Van Nuys. Rumour according to an old VW mag article, was that it started life as a bar in a house, but Pete and Jake made a frame for it based on vw Bug rear end and traditional front.. Magazine article is Aug 77.

8. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

just seen the link to Pats article, so that was a waste of time, cool little car tho.

9. A little slow on the uptake? ;)

10. When I saw that car in another thread, I knew there had to be a story behind it. The PG post was really interesting. Thanks for posting!

11. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

From the February of 75 issue. Others to follow. IMG_20211015_0001.jpg

Sancho, Tman and Max Gearhead like this.
  12. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

You left out the best part, while it’s cool that he did 800 miles on it that weekend it’s cooler that it pulls the front wheels off the ground with ease haha

Sancho and Max Gearhead like this.
  13. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

He`s gone to more car shows since he was born (now ) 25 or 26, more than most people twice his age. Or triple his age even.

Sancho likes this.
  14. 32fenderless

32fenderless

I got to ride in it to dinner at the Gathering. When everyone is serious about finding this rare part or having to be so period perfect within a 24 month timeframe Joe is having a blast with his car. It’s refreshing to see someone having that much fun and excited for the hobby. The c

Sancho likes this.
  15. A Boner

A Boner

16. BigJoeArt

BigJoeArt

Thanks for the interest guys!

I have a bunch of neat stories and some great pictures from rebuilding it, but as you can see above the tread got locked for being "OT"

Its a true historical piece that I'm honored to own.
    The people that truly care about history love the car, and I drive the wheels off of it.

if you wanna see more, you can find me on fb(Joey chuck wagner) and Instagram(@wagtag_rodshopandfab).

maybe if enough people had interest I could be allowed to tell the rest of the story someday.

17. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Fellas - this is all 70's theme / Volksrod theme stuff which isn't on topic.

Deuces and X38 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.