Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods conroe swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29moonshine, Oct 14, 2021.

1. 29moonshine

29moonshine

is the conroe swap meet worth a 7 hr drive? i am looking for 35 chevy truck parts

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

swap meets always a gamble, unless buying from a known vendor that will bring parts for you - looked online for parts?

3. natrlgas49

natrlgas49

I have been there not in a while, I would not drive 7 hours and think I would find a part for a 35 anything. You would have a better chance at Pate swap meet in Fort Worth area. But that would be a longer drive. I live in Houston area, and have been to both.

stubbsrodandcustom likes this.
  4. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

I had good luck there years ago, haven't been in a while, I would drive almost 4 hours, but swapmeets are hit or miss.

5. nobrakesneeded

nobrakesneeded

Last year was the biggest show Conroe had. People were turned away because they had run out of spots to sell. I would imagine this year would be just as good.

Don't look at it as a 7 hour drive that may not get your desired parts, but a road trip that will get you away from the monotony we all live.

alanp561 and WalkerMD like this.
  6. ROBRAM

ROBRAM

Conroe is a good swap meet, but if you're looking for specifically 35 Chevy truck parts, you'd be better off finding them on here and would possibly have a shorter trip to pick them up.

7. 29moonshine

29moonshine

moultrie is coming up in november may wait and go there

8. The swap meet you don’t go to are always the best ones.
    Always good to go to catch up with guys who you haven’t seen in a while and also to buy things you don’t really need

alanp561 likes this.
  9. 29moonshine

29moonshine

i have done that a lot of times

alanp561 and Barrelnose pickup like this.
  10. I'd say not - it's has been becoming a who gets there first for the bargains and the mark up at their space. at most of the swaps I've been to the last few years. But what the heck - come spend your money over here in Texas - we need it !

11. hepme

hepme

I go to all of 'em at Conroe, have for about as long as they've had the meet. The last few years have been disappointing since most of it seems to be wore out speed stuff, hardly any early rod parts (pre 49). Also seems to be a lot of non auto related stuff now--want a nice vase or tablecloth? Yes, its big but you really have to search to find anything you can use.

stillrunners likes this.
  12. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Conroe is very hit or miss, some years its hotrod gold, some years its bland as hell... If you love SBC stuff, they have you covered, if you are into the late model truck crap, they have you covered... The pre 64 stuff is getting harder to find for sure every year anyways. Myself and a few friends always have pre war stuff out there for sale... Probably 5 vendors religiously have T stuff to Mid 30s... its very hit or miss what you will find. Like said above, wore out speed equipment is prevalent for sure. I am always buying A parts, and there has been a few years where I dont find anything worth a damn... If your itching to make a trip and limited budget, I would hold for the prewar swap at Chickesha OK...

If you never have been, its a decent sized swap meet, Not Pate size but still a very large swap meet. Go friday morning to catch the normal vendors who travel the circuit, saturday morning is good for the one day folks who are cleaning out the shed, and sunday morning to noon is about key if you want to find the end of meet deals, but hell I think all swap meets are like this anyways...

stillrunners likes this.