Register now to get rid of these ads!

Autograph

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 60srailjob, Jan 12, 2009.

1. BlueOvalCertified

BlueOvalCertified
    from Minnesota

I would like to have Alan Mullaly autograph. Seen as I work for Ford I really appreciate that he has avoided me becoming a government employee. I respect him as a leader of a large corporation these days that is a hard thing to earn!!!!

2. WrenchKitten

WrenchKitten

I've a funny car connecting rod signed by Dean Skuza.

Got a few NHRA drivers to sign the door panel in the Duster. Big Daddy Don Garlits has signed it, too.

And I met Paul Lemat 'Milner' and his piss yella deuce coupe at WoW and got a poster for him to sign.

3. kaydub

kaydub
    from Cali

not really into collecting autographs, but do have this Ron Burton art print that is signed by Rodger Ward and Parnelli Jones

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  4. gtr_5155

gtr_5155
    from florida

I'm not really excited about collecting autographs,but these just happened.Right place-right time.I had worked at for Tony DiCosta at HRCS many years back.We built Don Garlits the red Ford 3 deuce flathead that he shows on a lot of his T shirts and books.My group www.uptownexpressfla.com plays at many of the Florida car shows,so I run into Don often.I have a guitar that I save just to play these shows with-a blue metalflaked,pinstriped thingy.At the Hot Rods and Hogs show,Don signed it for me.I wanted Shirley Muldowney's autograph,but since I didn't know her,personally,I would have had to stand in the "pay for an autograph"line.At one other show I had Paul LeMat sign it.I had never met Paul,but he liked our group and made me feel like an old friend.Best and only autographed stuff I have,not counting the stuff The Reverend Billy G sent me when I did some stuff for him.Pix of one of his 50's Mercs in progress,and some letters on his personal stationary that was printed to look like a page from an old Sears catalog,only with retro rockabilly stuff.

5. gtr_5155

gtr_5155
    from florida

Ron & Don

Attached Files:

6. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

[​IMG]

One of the ultimately desirable autographs....wish I owned it.

7. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Kind of sad when some folks expect to be paid for your "fanship" over the years.
    All the best to you and keep on doing what you do.

8. DeadGuy2

DeadGuy2

I play dead bodies in TV shows and movies, so I have a bunch of autographs from people I've met. I even get some requests for mine since the movie ThanksKilling came out.

It's just a way to have a memory of something or someone you have enjoyed.

When it comes to cars, I grew up right next to Dave Marcus's garage and I have a couple of shop shirts from his garage before he retired. I also have a Dale Earnhardt signed Johnny Lightning car I like.

buds
    chuck

9. wolfie1961

wolfie1961

I got an autograph from Junior Conway a few times. I've never kept them since it was on a check for my birthday!
    My wife gets notes from him all the time too, but they're signed "Dad".

10. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

I worked in the british Film & Tv industry for 30 years, met all the big names but never asked for a autograph because i felt it unprofessional but I spent the weekend with Norm Grabowski and asked him to sign the dashboard of my T bucket, which he gladly did, thats the only autograph that meant anything to me.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  11. Have Garlits on my truck, would like to have Richard Petty on my 59 Fury.

12. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

It may have already been said but the only autographs I'm interested in is on a cheque, the bigger the better!

13. 55 Ford Gasser

55 Ford Gasser

On the dash of my 1950 Ford 2dr Sedan I have: Don Garlits, Bunny Burkett, Dick Dale, Bowser (ShaNaNa), Big Bopper Jr. Crew Cuts and a few more. Unfortunately most have faded and can't be read very good. Ron

14. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

My AA/FA crew shirt was autographed by Leon Fitzgerald, Alvin Marcellus, and Rich Guasco. Also have Elmer Trett.

15. Saturn V

Saturn V
    from Killen AL

I,ve got a shirt and cap signed by Arnie Beswick. I wished I would have had Joe Mondello sign something while we were drinking in my trailer at a Olds event about 20 yrs ago!!

16. Lil32

Lil32

17. Ok i know what you're getting at.... yeah I'll sign it :rolleyes: ship it to me with prepaid return postage ;)

J. A. Miller and Lil32 like this.
  18. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

B183DFDC-B398-43A6-B2F5-6D4A86C15088.jpeg

Charity pedal car with Alex and Pete’s signature went for $2000

Jalopy Joker and Lil32 like this.
  19. Revived thread, but I've seen guys stand in the longest line, and pay for an autograph. Coddington was at the NSRA nationals in Louisville one year, probably 50 people on line for an autograph, my wife asked if i wanted to get one, i said nope, but I'd like to meet Charlie that paints his cars. I'm not a negative person, I'm just not into that stuff.

Fordors, chevy57dude and hidez57 like this.
  20. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Never was into autographs, but one year at Carlisle, I got to shoot the breeze with this guy. He was alone in his space, late in the day; very low key and normal . D6E9B337-9265-4C15-B8D1-6EAA447C8652.jpeg

21. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

I was fortunate to become friends with Larry Alexander. Several of the Alexander Brothers cars were featured in The Rodder's Journal and I have them all. Larry signed every issue that had one of their cars in it. Larry told me he and Mike always signed "Larry and Mike, the "A" Brothers". I'm not an autograph hound but I think these are pretty special. At least to me.

22. I would have loved to talk to that guy. I bet he was cool as hell. I was sitting in the hotel bar in Louisville one year, and Chip Foose came walking in. He didn't act any different than the rest of the guys in there. And nobody treated him any different either.

'28phonebooth, Fordors and bowie like this.
  23. egads

egads

Got a couple on the trunk lid of my Galaxie. DSC00313.JPG thumbnail.jpg

Jalopy Joker likes this.
  24. Not quite on the bubble, but close. I haven't 'collected' any but I guess I wouldn't turn away an offer of most autographs. But the only one I believe that I would truly have sought is Chuck Yeager.
    He's been gone almost a year now so it's not out of the question that I might scratch that itch someday by purchasing a photo of him that just happened to be signed by the man himself.

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  25. "But the only one I believe that I would truly have sought is Chuck Yeager.
    He's been gone almost a year now so it's not out of the question that I might scratch that itch someday by purchasing a photo of him that just happened to be signed by the man himself."
    Great minds think alike, I have a book autographed by Chuck Yeager. It's the only autograph I have.

26. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Back in the late 80s I was at the Long beach High Performance swap meet, Parked on a trailer was a 69 Camaro SS 396 375 hp that had had an engine fire. It was an original paint car that was totally unmolested except for the fire damage. I climbed up on the trailer to look at the extent of the damage and there was another guy standing on the opposite side doing the same. Once I had surveyed the damage I hopped off the trailer and started to walk away...My buddy Scott stopped me and said , Did you look at the guy on the trailer with you? I said no I was just looking at the car. He said turn around and take a look ... It was Don Garlits. I am not an autograph guy but I went back and asked him to sign the manual in my hand which was a 67 -69 Camaro RS headlight manual. He gladly took it and signed it and we chatted for a few minutes . I still have that book.:cool:

31hotrodguy likes this.
  27. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Mickey Thompson

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.