Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Gathering at The ROC is a must attend event

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by garage2small, Oct 12, 2021.

1. garage2small

garage2small

Phil Shevlin (wdglide) and I left Knoxville Tn. on a rainy Weds morning headed to Bartlesville Ok. to attend The Gathering At The ROC. By the time we reached the Missouri/Kentucky border the rain had stopped and we had blue skies for the rest of our 800 mile journey in our Model A highboys. I had not been through that part of southern Missouri before and was pleasantly surprised with the scenery. We split the trip into two days so as not to expend all our energy before we arrived in Bartlesville.
    Arriving at the host hotel on Thursday afternoon we found the parking lot full of a bitchin' group of first class hot rods and the party in full swing on the patio and sidewalks. Before we even got our bags from the cars we were greeted by the organizers and founders of the gathering Brandon and Jason welcoming us like long lost friends. Cold beverages were procured and we began visiting old friends and meeting new ones. This revelry lasted well past dark and we got up early Friday to prepare for the 120 mile reliability run although we felt we had already proven the reliability of ours rides many miles back. The run was outlined on a hand drawn map and each Hwy and turn described. The participants departed on their own schedule and pace and made stops as needed. The route took us through the rolling hill country of north eastern Oklahoma on well maintained two lane roads with planned stops in several small scenic towns. The highlight for me was the town of Pawhuska with its beautiful turn of the century architecture and great saloons.
    After getting back to the host hotel and a good meal in one of the nearby restaurants it was time to head to a section of street which had been blocked of for hot rod parking and a temporary stage set up for the band which would be providing the evenings entertainment. The parking lot and street party continued well into the night with everyone checking out each others cars.
    Saturday morning came and it was time to head to main event at Woolaroc which is about 12 miles from downtown Bartlesville via beautiful two lane highway through the surrounding ranch country, all along the way many locals were out in there driveways and access roads greeting us with friendly waves. On arriving at the Woolaroc grounds we were allowed to park on the wooded lawns, pastures and paved areas allowing plenty of room to view the cars again. The event was also open to the general public. There is a museum of western and native American culture onsite as well The Phillips family lodge, and other attractions. In the afternoon the specialty awards were announced and then everyone retreated to the host hotel for a last night of celebration. The event was so well received that when the date for next years event was announced the host hotel sold out all rooms within the hour. The Gathering at the ROC should be on everyone's to do list, I place it on my top three hot rod events ever. The following pictures are in the same order as I described the events. The Gathering (3).jpg The Gathering (3).jpg The Gathering (4).jpg The Gathering (6).jpg The Gathering (13).jpg The Gathering (15).jpg The Gathering (14).jpg The Gathering (21).jpg The Gathering (25).jpg The Gathering (24).jpg The Gathering (19).jpg The Gathering (23).jpg The Gathering (26).jpg The Gathering (27).jpg The Gathering (28).jpg The Gathering (31).jpg The Gathering (29).jpg The Gathering (32).jpg The Gathering (35).jpg The Gathering (36).jpg The Gathering (38).jpg The Gathering (39).jpg The Gathering (42).jpg The Gathering (43).jpg The Gathering (48).jpg The Gathering (51).jpg The Gathering (53).jpg The Gathering (58).jpg The Gathering (56).jpg The Gathering (57).jpg The Gathering (64).jpg

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

Just booked rooms for next year

4. garage2small

garage2small

The event continues. The Gathering (60).jpg The Gathering (61).jpg The Gathering (62).jpg The Gathering (63).jpg The Gathering (65).jpg The Gathering (78).jpg The Gathering (75).jpg The Gathering (94).jpg The Gathering (93).jpg The Gathering (96).jpg The Gathering (98).jpg The Gathering (114).jpg The Gathering (115).jpg The Gathering (118).jpg The Gathering (120).jpg The Gathering (133).jpg The Gathering (139).jpg The Gathering (148).jpg The Gathering (121).jpg The Gathering (174).jpg

Woogeroo, mgtstumpy, AHotRod and 27 others like this.

5. WOW! Outstanding coverage of what appears to be a fabulous event. Great job, Gary. Looks like a blast...........Don.:)

mgtstumpy, Lil32, jim snow and 2 others like this.
  6. garage2small

garage2small

so now its Friday evening The Gathering (163).jpg The Gathering (167).jpg The Gathering (169).jpg The Gathering (216).jpg The Gathering (166).jpg The Gathering (69).jpg The Gathering (70).jpg The Gathering (205).jpg The Gathering (214).jpg The Gathering (215).jpg

7. garage2small

garage2small

Now we are at Woolaroc and also some random shots out of sequence The Gathering (218).jpg The Gathering (220).jpg The Gathering (225).jpg The Gathering (227).jpg The Gathering (234).jpg The Gathering (238).jpg The Gathering (253).jpg The Gathering (254).jpg The Gathering (324).jpg The Gathering (273).jpg The Gathering (282).jpg The Gathering (281).jpg The Gathering (267).jpg The Gathering (266).jpg The Gathering (240).jpg The Gathering (90).jpg The Gathering (230).jpg The Gathering (288).jpg The Gathering (278).jpg

mgtstumpy, AHotRod, alfin32 and 21 others like this.
  8. garage2small

garage2small

9. Thanks…great coverage

10. catdad49

catdad49

Yowser, Great Meet! Thanks for the show.

11. Thanks for sharing Gary, that really looks like one to add to the bucket list. HRP

12. unforgiven

unforgiven
    from East Tn

Great write up Gary. Awesome pictures.

13. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great shots of a super event...nice A's too, but I am A partial
    Hope you have some more. I looked and looked and still missed seeing things that you captured
    Thank You

14. primed34

primed34

15. jim snow

jim snow

Thanks for the photos. Snowman

garage2small and lothiandon1940 like this.
  16. I missed the date for the 2022 Gathering. Can someone update me?
    Thanks.

garage2small and jim snow like this.
  17. Lil32

Lil32

thanks
    great shots :D

18. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The show is going to be on the 1st of October. Reliability run the day before on the 30th of September...
    See you there

19. Awesome show for sure. Totally worth the 2500 mile trip from Michigan. I was scrambling to get the new coupe done in time for the show. 20210917_194757.jpg

I'll definitely plan on attending next year. The car quality was off the charts.

20. Thanks, Gary!

21. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Great coverage of our great local (well pretty close) event.

22. SPEC

SPEC

Excellent pictures.

garage2small likes this.
  23. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

Great pictures. Thanks

24. Wow, those are some great cars, and some great coverage, thanks for your efforts, looks like it was s great time!

garage2small likes this.
  25. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Great coverage thanks man

26. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Some really well done cars. Looks like a event well planned.
    Thanks for sharing.

jim

garage2small likes this.
  27. Way cool. I love the A coupe and the Y-Block exhaust notes! The mustache is most excellent, too!

Glad to be added to your list of new friends, Gary.

28. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What a kool thread, thanks for taking the time to share your road trip.

guthriesmith, garage2small and Sancho like this.
  29. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

You guys have some seriously cool A coupes..... plus you got some handlebar wax from the NEARLY famous @bchrismer ...... see ya next year.