Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Holman-moody the history

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by frank spittle, Mar 18, 2011.

1. What is his name I may know him. Enjoy

loudbang likes this.
  2. The Human Wrench

The Human Wrench

I recently bought a Holman Moody Marine FE intake with Tecalemit-Jackson injection installed. There is no HM part number on the intake, just the hmm logo. I'm curious about the marine intake with with that injection, everything I've read says they used it on the GT40s.

Spooky, NHRANUT and loudbang like this.
  3. buzz4041

buzz4041
    from Texas

A little something I got going on for my 40 pickup from Holman Moody. Engine10.JPG

elgringo71, Spooky, JDMJNKY and 6 others like this.
  4. Anthony Sanchez

Anthony Sanchez

Well a year has about passed since obtaining my car, I was wrapping up some other stuff so she was on the back burner.
    I decided last week to start the tear down got all of the trim off the car, front bumper, grille valence light buckets, all glass and regulators removed, I will not run door or rear windows like the original Fireball car.
    Ordered new window rubber, scored a nice used set of driving condition chrome bumpers, got some good info from a friend doing a Marauder Stock car build very period correct one, on how to build out my floor pans and exhaust cutouts thru the frame and qtr panel. I have collected some nice parts for the build and some yet to be acquired or created. Lots of work still left to do full dash removal and rear bumper and hopefully get thr front clip off to remove the body off the frame ..The roll bar install will be fun.

Attached Files:

Spooky and pprather like this.
  5. hipojoe

hipojoe

Heres my H-M 427 medium riser out of a 1965 record setting race boat. Complete with hollow shell lifters , H-M camshaft, ditched the clam shell air cleaner, kept the vintage pent roof valve covers with vintage stickers.

Attached Files:

Deuces, NHRANUT and Jeff Norwell like this.
  6. Was the boat a Howard? It was painted black with large LA Raiders logo on the deck.

7. Was watching this on eBay…

83DBEDF0-FE3C-44B5-B408-BFE53B5C298F.jpeg

Deuces, Spooky and NHRANUT like this.
  8. Oneball

Oneball

There’s a guy over here that races a Galaxie in a fab HM colour scheme.

IMG_4178.jpeg

earlymopar, Deuces, Spooky and 6 others like this.
  9. Spooky

Spooky

What a great read this thread was!!!!

Deuces and ffr1222k like this.
  10. loudbang

loudbang

Anybody know the thread starter Frank Spittle? @frank spittle
    He had some good posts and was very knowledgeable.

He hasn't been on the hamb for a long time. I sent him a PM message but got no reply.

frank spittle was last seen: May 20, 2020

11. Frank used to live about 3 miles from me but he moved to South Carolina.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2023
    Deuces and loudbang like this.
  12. Tradermike2012

Tradermike2012

13. Tradermike2012

Tradermike2012

Old Tread, notice how the axle is moved forward in the upside-down photo, funny car trick!

14. Tradermike2012

Tradermike2012

15. Tradermike2012

Tradermike2012

Old Thread, I was born in 1957 and my Father raced on long Island at Mitchel Field in a Corvette in Gym- Kona's. I am interested in Holman and Moody and your thread. One question, who is your Pop, full name, so I can look up his Biography.

16. Tradermike2012

Tradermike2012

Mikes reply:

"Grenade Inspector", you just became a Moderator, on the Forum?

17. 29Sleeper

29Sleeper
    from SoCal

Late in the new series 1966 TA season Ford needed a win to clench the title (Dodge Dart was leading). They called Shelby and told him to get a car and prep it for the final race. A 4 hour at Riverside. They grabbed a Coupe from a dealer and gave it their R Model GT350 treatment. Titus took practice 2 laps in the car and pronounced it good to go. He qualified on the pole but flooded it on the LeMans start. He left last and drove through the field to be leading when one of the half buried tires in the esses came loose and knocked the oil filter off. He completed the rest of the lap with zero oil pressure and came in the pits. He was sitting on the wall chatting with Shelby when the crew said hop in it's fixed. He drove through the field again and won - that earned him the title of Mr. Transam.
    Mid way through 1967 Ford took over all the assets of Shelby American (cars/trademarks/etc) over an unpaid 1962 startup loan. Shelby was kept on as a contractor to run the TransAm (As Shelby Racing Co) series through the 1970 season. When his contract was over the cars went back to Bud Moore who originally built them for Ford.