Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Lets Chop a 40 plymouth

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by fine29, Oct 3, 2021.

1. Please finish the rest of the car, shave the hood and trunk, french the headlights, shave the door handles, and lower it. There are way too many stock cars with chopped tops lately, that was never done in the 50's and seems kind of silly if you think about it. Build a Custom Car Please.
    The chop is good looking, well done. Ditch the extra light on the rear gravel pan, That's a "It's your parents car" look, no 50's kid would leave it on the car.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. fine29

fine29
    from Des Moines

The plan is to C notch the frame and lower it, shave the handles, and mold the fenders in. All the yellow lights will be coming off. As for the trim, I like the hood trim but I’ll probably shave the trunk handle. Also plan to get ribbed bumpers for it.

3. Thank you for building a real custom, it'll be great.

Stogy and fine29 like this.
  4. fine29

fine29
    from Des Moines

Not much to report but I got the passenger side door top in place. Going to try and get to the driver side tomorrow. 3AFBDA56-9C4B-410F-8469-2F217EDECE73.jpeg

5. Moparmaniac79

Moparmaniac79

That looks incredible! I've been toying with the idea of doing my two door sedan but you make it look easy.

Stogy likes this.
  6. fine29

fine29
    from Des Moines

If you decide to let me know, I’ll send the extra door top pieces to make chopping the doors easier.

7. fine29

fine29
    from Des Moines

Still plugging away at the car. Progress is slow between work and other peoples cars. All the welding is finished on the chop. I’ll probably start on the rearend replacement and c-notch here in the middle of summer. I picked up an old chrome 8” that is the perfect width for the Plymouth.

Attached Files:

8. Besty34

Besty34

Nice job, I chopped and hard topped one a few years ago, its on here somewhere IMG_3863.jpeg

9. snoop74

snoop74

looks good, looking forward to seeing the progress

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  10. troylee

troylee

Very nice. Love to see the pre 41 mopars.

11. NOTHING COMPARES TO PAUL CEPEDA'S DESOTO! LOOK IT UP. AMAZING....i WAS HOPING YOU WOULD HAVE HARD-TOPPED, OR MADE IT A 3W. LOOKS PRETTY GOOD FOR YOU FIRST ONE.