Register now to get rid of these ads!

Encourage one of our young Soldiers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OldsGuy, Aug 17, 2006.

1. OldsGuy

OldsGuy

My 25 year old son is in Army basic training if Ft.Benning GA. He is about three weeks into his training and for those of you that have been there, mail means a LOT. I try to send him stuff often but just thought you all might want to pitch in with some encouragment. I will print this thread in a few days and enclose it in a letter. BTW he owns a '64 Olds 98 six window hardtop that will be his project some day. Thanks in advance :).

forgot, his name is Jesse.

2. mustangsix

mustangsix

Hooah! Thank you for stepping up, Jesse. You have become a part of something greater than yourself alone and you'll always know that you have contributed to the safety, security, and defense of this great country. God Bless you and protect you.

Jack Collins
    Major, US Army, Retired
    Rangers Lead the Way!
    1972-1974 & 1979-2002

3. JayD

JayD

You gotta be a proud pop! Those young MEN, and some old guys too, are doing a great thing for thier country as well as for people overseas. His experience will be something that he will cherish the rest of his life. We should all look up to him and the others that give so much.

Good luck to him, and to you.

J

4. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

Love it or leave it!!! These colors dont run, and they never will!! thank you for what you are doing to keep us here at home safe!

Bigdaddy

5. A big heartfelt Thanks Jesse!

BTW, my family volunteers for a group that sends care packages to US service folks overseas - toiletries, snack food, etc. I always throw in a few of my old car mags, which the troops really dig. I encourge all of you guys to do likewise.

6. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

jesse, keep at it, great to hear you enlisted! i am active duty navy, and i know exactly how good it feels to get mail! there are alot of ugly things out there, just know that there truely are people that support, and care about you. and also appreciate the very sacrifices we make every day so this nation can keep functioning. keep your head up, and your eyes open. best of luck to you.

AM3(AW) Josh Beiter
    USN FEB/2001-present

7. If he's able to get out the gate on Labor Day weekend he can join us at the Starlight Six for Drive-invasion.

Stevie G
    MM1/SS retired

8. Jesse...we can't thank you enough. Enlisting is a always an honorable act, but during a time of war, it shows even more heart. My brother graduated from basic at Benning last year...he's a camp McCall now in SF training. No matter which route you take, please know that many of us hold you in the highest regard.

Bryan

9. blue_oval23

blue_oval23

Hey man, i have been in the Air Force for five years and it has been the best five years of my life!! The friends I've made, the trades I've skilled, and the places I've been are irreplacable!! Keep your head up, Trust me, it is alot more fun after bootcamp. I have traveled the world, lived in Iraq and the best part is, the military paid for it, And it feels good to know the US military is the GREATEST military on Earth, and you are now apart of that!!! CONGRATS!!!

-Blue_oval23

10. Offy

Offy

Thanks Jesse, I appreciate you carring on the tradition of sacraficing the good life in order to allow us the opportunity to continue living it. I went through a few training situations at Ft Benning, both at Sand Hill and Harmony Church as an infantry soldier and then on to Viet Nam serving with the 4/9 Manchus as part of the 25th Inf.Div. I went to a reunion last year at Ft Benning Infantry School and the only thing that I recognized were the jump towers.
    Do your best and let us know when you return so we can welcome you home. Thanks and please keep in touch with us. US Army '68-72

11. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Jesse, you have our respect and admiration for stepping up and serving out nation. We take for granted the freedoms we enjoy until someone like your dad comes along and reminds us freedom is not something that just happens; it's guys like you who make it happen.

Don't know where you're going after basic, but know that a lot of H.A.M.B.ers are gonna be keeping you in our prayers every day.

12. JamesG

JamesG

HOOAH!

My little Bro did his basic at Fort Benning. He's now at Fort Hood, TX as a Light Wheel Mechanic temperarily running the motor pool for the 13th CosCom.

Tell your boy to keep his head up and his ass down. We are all so proud of ALL of our Soldiers.

HOOAH!

13. olklunker

olklunker

Thank you Jesse for the effort you are putting forth to help keep our country free. Our son enlisted and went to Ft. Benning for his training about a yr and a half ago, was going to paratroop tng ater basic, but something is wrong with his left leg and they put him out. He now has partial use of his leg and is disabled because he can't get around on it with out a brace and cane, but no one can find out for sure what's wrong with it. Some nuerological prob, like MS they think. I go through all that to let you know that when we wish good luck, it comes from our heart. We are just as proud of you for your devotion to country as we are our own son. God Bless and good luck.

Jerry

14. keith089

keith089

I served 23 years got medically retired after being injred in the desert in 2003. Your son is doing a job that he should be proud of and I know you are. God speed. Come home safe

15. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Good Luck Jesse!Our son is a Marine going on 17 years now.We fly the star flag for him everytime he is away.I'm a Vet myself and I know the sacrifices that must be made to keep our country free.Keep us posted.Dave

16. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Welcome to the brotherhood. If I was there I'd poor a cold beer over your bald head. The years you spend in the militaty will be the best and worst years of your life. However, you tend to forget the bad stuff after a while and remember the good times with the best people in the US. You'll never be as tight with anyone as you will in the Army, they have your back no matter what.

I ETS'd thirty years ago September 6 and still wish I could join in the fun. Good luck and may God be with you on your journey through the crazy times ahead.

Combat Medic
    1972-1976
    United States Army

17. dennisk

dennisk
    from Indiana

Jesse what you are doing is a fine and honorable calling.No matter what you do later in life you can always look back and say proudly ,"I served! "HOOAH! SFC(Retired) Dennis K.Ludlow

18. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

BE WELL, young man. Return to us safe from your duties.

THANK YOU!

Glenn

19. Son there is nothing in the world I can say to you that will change basic. So leme tell you a story:

I had been at Paris Island about 3 weeks (1973). We just finished 10 kliks with a full field pack and the DI looked right at me and shouted,"How's it feel son?" I was out of breath but managed to mumble something at him. He smiled and said," Well life is rough and then you die."

He was wrong life has been rough and I'm still here.

Now pay attention to me, learn everything you can from the guys that have been there, don't kiss anyone's ass and keep your head down.

Hang in there, it'll be rough but you'll get used to it, you won't die from it and you'll do just fine. You come from good stock.

Benno

Rank not important.

20. Big Tony

Big Tony

Hey Jesse, I want to sincerely Thank you for stepping up to the plate to help our young men and women in protecting our freedom so that we can feel safe in this country while we do what we love to do... Like drink a cold one and work on lets say a 64 olds. I have an upmost respect for you and hope to meet you at a car event someday. Until then stay safe and enjoy.

21. Pops

Pops
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa

Hey Jesse,

I'm proud of you. It's a great thing you are doing. Regardless of what the media keeps pourning out, Americans are proud of you and what you have chosen to do.

I pray for our troops every day. Those we know by name, and now your name will be added to that list.

J.

22. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Jesse, First..Thank you !! second my next door neighbors son is in his second tour in Iraq and he told me it's been the best experience in his life ( Army ) God Bless from NY !!

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thanks for serving Jesse. Very much apprecaited.

24. Big B

Big B
    from Tennessee

Hey Jessee,

My son is in the Marines serving in Bahrain right now. I talk to one of his friends that is in the Army serving in Iraq. I also talk with some of his other friends in the Navy and Marines. Everybody keeps in touch on MySpace.

I appreciate you for serving your country. I hope your time in the service will be an enjoyable experience. I know boot camp probably ain't the greatest but it will get better from there.

THANK YOU
    http://www.myspace.com/ba614

25. ol boy

ol boy
    from Tucson, Az

Keep your head up!! They have to feed you, and give you some sleep, trust me they won't kill you. 7 years ago I was in my 4th week of Basic Training too. You should be in the middle of BRM by now..!? Ready, FIRE, Aim

26. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

You and the many other men serving are what has made this country great since 1776. With out you this country would fall...As a Seabee ,40 years ago this month I was in Camp Lejune training with the marines for what would be two tours in Viet Nam..Proud to have served . .....THANKS AGAIN

27. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Jesse,
    In my early twenties, I was too selfish and self centered to seriously consider serving in our armed forces. Later, I had sat on my ass too long and had no chance of keeping up. Now in my mid thirties, I have a beautiful wife, daughter, son. I confess that everytime I hear that the age for enlistment has been raised, I half consider, but mostly regret that I missed my time. Now, You and your fellow soldiers must know that anywhere you go, me and my family go with you. I want to thank you for having the courage and selflessness to protect us and our home. You should never question the value of your choice. Every word that all these good people have said comes from the same place.

You have our thanks and unwavering respect,
    Scot Baccus & Family
    Hutto, Texas

28. OldsGuy

OldsGuy

Guys thanks! I sent him a copy of this thread in a letter. It will do a world of good and I encouraged him to share it with all the soldiers. Thanks again!

29. tell ur son thanks for all of us for what he's doing. our own son (a Marine) was in school training in San Diego and now is a AAV repairman at Camp Lejeune BUT will be going back to San Diego soon for Desert Training at 29 Palms & will be shipped out to Iraq sometime in Feb or March and said he happy to be able to be part of it.
    all i know these men & women in the service has more guts & balls then myself & anyone i know.... joe

OO-Rah Semper Fi

30. randydupree

randydupree
    from archer fl

jesse,i am a patriot. i love the usa and my life here.thanks to you and guys like you i can live that lifestyle!
    you sir,are a real american HERO.
    thanks
    randy