Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Joe's American Graffiti Coupe with a Man A Fre (Milner Coupe Clone)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nicholas Coe, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Sorry everyone. No exciting updates here. I've been sick lately. Hopefully we will get back on the coupe soon. Thanks for following along. Y'all are so very much appreciated.

Attached Files:

mad mikey, rbrewer and loudbang like this.
  2. Hope you are feeling better. Lots of bad press regarding covid down there. Hope all is well.

rbrewer, loudbang and Nicholas Coe like this.
  3. Thanks. Yep. It is pretty bad here. My test was negative so that's good news. I've got a cough that is pretty scary. Hopefully I'll get better soon.

nunattax, rbrewer and loudbang like this.
  4. Today was one of the best days of my life. Elliott and I attended our local car event at Sonic. We had a great time. I think Elliott is my lucky charm.
    The car ran perfectly. What a great day!

I used the lubricant mentioned above on the linkage. It seemed to really help.

Also in the photo is my buddy Charles. He's been a great friend. Encouraging me to get this car out and make some memories. That we did today! Thank you.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
    Anderson, mad mikey, TCATTC and 7 others like this.
  5. Here's a few more pics from today. I'm so happy!

Attached Files:

mad mikey, TCATTC, Stogy and 6 others like this.
  6. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Sorry I missed the Sonic this evening. Today was my son-in-law's birthday so we had a family gathering. See you next month!

rbrewer, loudbang and Nicholas Coe like this.
  7. Sounds good. See ya next time!

rbrewer and loudbang like this.
  8. loudbang

loudbang

Made you happy and the little partner will remember riding in DADS old Hot Rod forever. :)

Stogy, deathrowdave, joel and 3 others like this.
  9. Absolutely! I remember riding with my Dad. Now he's got stories about riding with me. Thanks!

10. Sorry for the lack of posts. I've been paying my friends back for all the help with my car. It has been up to 97° here!

Attached Files:

Stogy, Elcohaulic, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  11. loudbang

loudbang

Good use for an old ugly Christmas blanket :rolleyes:

Stogy, Nicholas Coe and Budget36 like this.
  12. This Saturday Elliott and I will be attending our first car show in the coupe. It will be the annual Tontitown show. If you are in the area then come on out and say hello!

Attached Files:

13. Well guess what? I ended up with a stomach virus that my wife had the night before the show. Oh well, at least I wasn't driving when it hit. Elliott and I were so excited to go to the Tontitown show. Hopefully there will be many more.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    loudbang likes this.
  14. Budget36

Budget36

Always best when that happens at home;)

loudbang and Nicholas Coe like this.
  15. The weather is getting really nice here in Arkansas. It is finally getting cooler! Thanks for following along. We'll be out there cruising again soon! Elliott says that car won't run right without him. He's my lucky charm!

Here's my birthday cake from last weekend. Elliott and Michelle did a wonderful job with the decorations!

Attached Files:

16. loudbang

loudbang

17. Thanks! I was really proud.

mad mikey and loudbang like this.
  18. Today was a beautiful day. Rob drove as we took the car out for its longest drive yet. He adjusted the linkage again and everything was running strong.

Today was the first time Rob got to push the car a bit. He took it up to 5500 - 6000 through the gears and boy it sounded great. Rob said it had more to go but he didn't want to push it.

All in all a great day. I'm really thankful! (Although I'm still really nervous and exaggerating every little sound.). Definitely a good for me. It was white knuckles on a couple rough Arkansas roads!

Attached Files:

Anderson, Stogy, mad mikey and 3 others like this.
  19. Another outstanding day. Wonderful memories. Another ride along with Elliott to our local "club" meeting at Sonic in Tontitown.

The car ran and drove well. I push it a little and grabbed second and third gear. This Mighty Mouse has some pep!

Driving at night got a bit interesting when I accidentally turned off all my dash lights. Oh well! The headlights worked great!

Thanks for following along....

Attached Files:

Stogy, mad mikey, rbrewer and 2 others like this.
  20. Just above my workbench I added a little tribute to my friends (mechanics) that have gone on to that great junkyard in the sky.

Here to Dave, Devon, and Brad. Good friends. I think of you every time we fire up a hotrod.

Attached Files:

21. catdad49

catdad49

But…..who’s the young lady?!

22. 1962 Playboy calendar. She's probably a bit older now!

Edit: The beautiful miss Ellen Stratton. Miss October 1962.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
    tr_rodder, Stogy, Elcohaulic and 3 others like this.
  23. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

a grand girl
    nick i wouldnt put those fram oil filters into the lawnmower.try a WIX.51069 in my smallblock.thats the shorter filter

Nicholas Coe and mad mikey like this.
  24. Ok. I pretty much only use these for decoration. They each have a bit of rust inside the filter. Thanks! Hope all is well back home.

mad mikey and loudbang like this.
  25. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

all good on this side chris

26. Glad you are well. Your truck is looking great!

loudbang likes this.
  27. Here's our girl for November 1962. Miss Tina Louise of Gilligan's Island fame. What a beauty!

Attached Files:

28. Here's a recent video of my startup procedure. Winter is coming soon. We're beginning to get things together for a nice holiday nap.

Thanks everyone!

jaracer, Tim, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  29. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake
    from Jax, FL

Well now,
    that got my Friday off to a great start!

Nicholas Coe, rbrewer and loudbang like this.
  30. Great video Nick ,
    I’m really proud to see you got her running good .
    Fired right up and sounded great,,,,excellent job !

Tommy