Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest RIP tfeverfred

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blue One, Oct 4, 2021.

1. I had been thinking of what happened to Fred for a while. I knew he had some health issues and had broken his arm at one point. He had lost his Mum and Sister too.
    I have missed his passionate input here and the build of his new Bucket. Thanks ,Larry for letting us know what happened to Fred.
    RIP Buddy and happy cruising. JW

2. Magfiend

Magfiend

Such sad news - I was wondering about him the other day as I followed the Bucket of Ugly thread and his journey there with his T. Godspeed...

3. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

Thank you Larry for the update. I had done some digging awhile back, but I wasn't able to come up with anything. I had his address in a PM from 2017, and had considered calling the local PD for a wellness check a few months back once I realized I had his address, but I was afraid to do so, fearing the worst. Now I know.

His first iteration of his first T bucket was the first build thread on the tbucketeers site where I followed along and thought, "I could do that." So I owe my bucket build to Fred, showing me how it's done. I sent him some parts awhile back, and I'll share his message to me after I refused monetary payment for shipping, and instead suggested sharing a beer together someday LOL.

From 02/23/2017:

"Thanks, Tim. Well, let's see... PBR is owned by the Russians now. And while Budweiser was my best beer for a long time, my taste have improved with age. I think we'll share a bottle of Chimay. It's an ale of great history and good taste.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimay_Brewery

And we will meet in person. I have a strong belief that friendship works out that way.;)"

Rest in peace, Fred. I'll make it a point to get my bucket on the road and maybe you can ride along with me, I just won't be able to see you.

4. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sad news indeed. I was kinda wandering? Gods speed and RIP Fred.

Blue One, Lil32, Stogy and 1 other person like this.
  5. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So long, Fred. You were a Hamb stalwart when I joined, and will be missed.
    The following might no longer be copacetic in today's kinder, gentler Hamb, but I'm hoping the mods will indulge us in this final tribute:
    Candy-Bar.png

6. ronzmtrwrx

ronzmtrwrx

Man, I hated to see this post. I too wondered what happened to Fred, and feared one day I’d be reading this kind of news. R.I.P. friend. It’s a shame there isn’t some way his “other” family could read all these posts and see what he meant to us.

7. so sorry to hear, i loved his postes and his stories, couldn't even imagine that he could start the long trip... :(.... bye, Fred, condos to your family. damn. :(:(:(

8. Prayers and wishes for peace, comfort, and happy memories to fill the hearts of the family and friends.

Blue One, Lil32 and Stogy like this.
  9. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

Just happened on this post from Fred in 2013 on an old thread about Blue Dot tail lights!
    Shows his sense of humor;
    [​IMG]
    RIP Fred

chryslerfan55, Tman, Blue One and 2 others like this.
  10. B Bay Barn

B Bay Barn

@ClarkH Thanks Clark, I was hoping someone would post a final pic of Candy, I think Fred would approve.

11. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

12. das858

das858

I always enjoyed his posts , sorry to hear this , RIP FRED , hope you get to meet Candy .

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dang, that is sad to see, I'm another one who followed along with his progress on his build. May he rest in peace.

Lil32, Blue One, Stogy and 1 other person like this.
  14. Sorry to read this, he was a good guy

15. Damn. I’m really sad to hear this.

Lil32, RICH B, kidcampbell71 and 2 others like this.
  16. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Sorry to hear this :(

Lil32, Blue One and Stogy like this.
  17. It blows me away just how much Fred has touched so many on here and that just shows what a neat guy he was. He was a friend on here and someone i would have liked to have met and hung out with. I was honored when he joined my friends list.:cool: God Speed, Fred. JW

18. Sad to hear this, and my best to his family and friends, seems like this is happening all to often now..........RIP Fred

19. loudbang

loudbang

20. reagen

reagen

21. 31Apickup

31Apickup

Sorry to hear, didn’t know him but remember many of his responses thru the years.

loudbang, Blue One and Lil32 like this.
  22. 1940Willys

1940Willys

23. -Brent-

-Brent-

Oh no! Sad to hear.

Belated condolences to all whom loved him or called him "friend".

He was an asset to the HAMB and helped spread some of the Model T fever!

He has pics here, but this is a decent older build thread. This car went through some stuff, too.

https://tbucketeer.com/threads/tfeverfreds-project.5426/

24. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

25. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

R.I.P. Fred. Way too young.

26. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

Hate to see this thread been looking for Fred for a while he used to spend a few hours every night with several of us on Chatzy . Fred gave me and shipped to Ct at his expense the radiator out of his T that was slightly damaged when his T got hit . My plan was to put my avitar on my Ts cowl and call her Miss Behavin now I see that was Freds Ts name well Fred will always be leading the way with that radiator out infront of me! Missed you long before I knew you were gone Fred thanks for being a great friend!

27. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

This hits hard.

Stogy, kidcampbell71, -Brent- and 4 others like this.
  28. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sad deal. I really enjoyed reading his posts.

Stogy, Lil32, Blue One and 3 others like this.