Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage *2021 Gathering at the Roc - Who's Going?*

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Malcolm, Sep 29, 2021.

1. teach'm

teach'm
    from Tucson, AZ

We'll see you in the hotel parking lot @Malcolm. My son and I are driving the '32 Mordor again, leaving Tucson Monday Morning to meet up with the Phoenix group.

IMG_5470.jpg

2. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Looking forward to seeing you all!

loudbang likes this.
  3. I originally signed up for the Gathering at the Roc way back last year when registration was first opened; looked forward to it as the first opportunity to get back into long haul road tripping in a hot rod. Due to an illness in the family I found myself unable, about a month ago, to make the trip . I emailed the organizers to let them know that I wasn't coming so they could open up my slot to somebody else who might have been on a waiting list. In the email I mentioned that I might like to have a shirt from the event and more or less forgot about it from that point on.

Today in my mailbox there appeared a brand new Gathering at the Roc shirt. This is 'above and beyond' attention to detail and follow up on the part of the folks who put on this fine event. Extra effort needs to be recognized, so thanks for the shirt, fellas. I really hope I can make it next year.

4. Tom, one of these days we are going to get a chance to meet in person. Sorry you won't make it to the 'Roc this year.

loudbang and jim snow like this.
  5. Take lots of pictures!

loudbang, pprather and jim snow like this.
  6. swifty

swifty

Looks like you will have a celebrity at the event. Just read Pat Ganahl's latest column and he and son Bill are making the trip from Cali .

EVL401, loudbang, UNCLECHET and 3 others like this.
  7. swifty

swifty

Also Pat and Anna are in their 33 and Bill and Sabina are in their pearl pink Rivi so if you see those cars you know who they belong to.

8. Woodie

Woodie

It's on our list of things to do. Be there.!! 40' at Ottawa.JPG

Okie Pete, loudbang, Kommuter and 3 others like this.
  9. I guess we will likely be bringing two cars now. My son insists on driving his new Edsel as long as we can get it fixed prior. It won’t be entered, but should be in the spectator parking.

Okie Pete, loudbang, drdave and 4 others like this.
  10. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

@BigJoeArt is driving down from the saint joe area

loudbang and drdave like this.
  11. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

It's Mrs Arkie's birthday weekend. I asked her if she wanted to go to Woolaroc. She said, "I've been there several times already, why do you want to go again, is there a car show or something?"
    I said why yes, there is.
    Wrong thing to say. Maybe next year, guys!

12. Now, that’s funny Duncan! :D Sounds like something my wife would also quickly figure out. You will be missed!

Okie Pete, loudbang and garage2small like this.
  13. ...you guys take pics and post em here, please

loudbang and guthriesmith like this.
  14. Wonder if she’ll be wanting a corn dog….? Haha. Sorry we won’t get to see you!

loudbang and guthriesmith like this.
  15. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

From the photos I think Duncan and I may be the only humans not there

16. It’s not too late Tim. :D We aren’t leaving until early tomorrow.

loudbang likes this.
  17. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Haha no go for me, you guys have fun :)

drdave, loudbang and guthriesmith like this.
  18. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

C0D8F7B7-BAE6-418F-BE87-3263F75A6BE8.jpeg This is a very nicely done Pickup .

Sancho, loudbang, swifty and 2 others like this.
  19. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

That’s Bretts pickup, he puts on the yearly 40 ford reunion. He’s here on the hamb :)

loudbang, winduptoy and bchrismer like this.
  20. Thanks, Okie Pete. Since I grew up around this one and finally got to be its caretaker back in 2012, I have tried to be VERY careful with my choices of changing it much. I put a Posie's reversed eye spring up front, the rear spring out of my coupe in the back, bigs n littles and twice pipes on it. I did pull the 221ci flatty out a few years ago because if a misdiagnosed running issue with it, but someday I will get my 286 flatty under the hood.

21. Hey Nick,

Thanks for your help with the woman with the '61 Studebaker. I think she was having a heat stroke, but she also mentioned that she was an old hippie and was thankful that the electric lettuce was legal in Oklahoma, so that may have also contributed to her state of being at the time. I think she offered me one of the ice cubes that you gave her at least 5 times. I did my best to get her stable and corralled back to her car and turned her over to the guys in the ATV so we could leave. I let them know that I thought she was having a heat stroke and asked them to keep an eye on her.

We got up to the front gate, where @winduptoy and @guthriesmith were waiting on us. She rolled up about 10 minutes later and more or less parked in the middle of the road with several cars behind her. About another 10 minutes later she rolls up smoking on a Camel and asked me what year her Studebaker was (again), to which I told her that she told me it was a '61.

The interesting things that happen outside of the focus of car shows are all part of a memorable adventure.

22. Pat was busy cleaning up their sedan in the parking lot and I went over and thanked him for help corrupting my mind with hot rods in my youth.

I also got stopped by Mark Morton and we talked for just a few minutes, and I got into about an hour conversation with Jon Barrett and Wally Haynes after dinner on Saturday night. Man, what a hoot those two are when they are together.

23. garage2small

garage2small

Your a bit of a hoot yourself Brett, thanks for the mustache wax!

loudbang and bchrismer like this.