Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Fuel but no fuel

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by jalopyjon1927, Oct 2, 2021.

1. jalopyjon1927

jalopyjon1927

Odd thing here,

Put a dual carb intake on my model A banger. I am not getting fuel to the rear carb. I have a brass T splitting the feed to both carbs.

I took the rubber line off the T that feeds the rear carb and fuel shot out when I turned the pump on. But with the rubber line I get nothing. It is clear and nothing is blocking flow. I am kinda stumped. Is there some sort of science im
    Missing here about splitting the fuel ?

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

By the numbers:
    you have fuel to and through the T
    The hose you are using appears to be clear and unobstructed but you have no fuel flowing out of it's open end or you have no fuel flowing into the carb?
    If it isn't coming out the hose get a new hose as that one has something damaged inside. If you don't get gas in the carb with the hose hooked up have you checked the float and needle and seat?
    If you haven't had the carb apart it could be that the float isn't adjusted right or it is possible that it has sat so long that the needle is stuck in the seat for some reason or another.
    The other thing to check is the orifice in the fitting on the carb, does it have something in it that is obstructing flow? As in a chunk of something or a dirt dauber nest or cutter bee nest?

Roger Loupias and ottoman like this.
  3. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Stuck float needle.

Desoto291Hemi and onetrickpony like this.
  4. I had a new needle and seat assy. that wouldn't flow fuel. The seat hadn't been drilled out and no fuel could get past and into the float bowl.