Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 235 carb reviews

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by buick bill, Oct 3, 2021.

1. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

i tried to ask before but i was deleted . not sure why but ill try again . has anybody tried these carbs and /or are they any good ?? s-l200.jpg

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
  2. Budget36

Budget36

Look like the same 3 carburetors? What are they from or who makes them. Are you planning a 3 carb intake?

3. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

they are china copies . price is right ! 3 would be nice . but i didnt intend to upload 3 times . i glitched out

4. carbking

carbking

If you should happen to get a bad tank of gas, and need to clean one of these; where do you expect to find parts?

Jon

Budget36 likes this.

5. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

thats worth consideration . but for $99 dollars each you could buy 2 . just wondering if anyone has tried one . all the carbs ive had lately were beyond repair 30 yrs ago !

6. I'll respond again in short.
    1. Surprisingly cheap.
    2. Manufacturing location.
    3. Parts that look like parts but don't actually operate like them.

Too good to be true.

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  7. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

so no one has tried one ?

8. AccurateMike

AccurateMike

Bill, I have no experience with that carb, but I have used 3 Amazon carbs lately. It was my experience with the first that led to the next two. All were new (speaks to this: "all the carbs I've had lately were beyond repair 30 yrs ago !"), and fixed the problems I was experiencing with the original carbs. I wouldn't write them all off as junk automatically. The thread pitches may not match the OEM's, so parts may not all interchange. Didn't matter to me, two were cheaper than a kit anyhow. They say Chinese milling machines and lathes or Indian reproduction flintlocks are an assembled kit of parts needing the final tuning and adjustment to make them work well. The same may apply here. I didn't fool with mine, It might be worth having a look inside if it would make you feel better. Mike

9. carbking

carbking

You might consider the words of this economist:

https://www.thecarburetorshop.com/John_Ruskin.jpg

I have not personally inspected this exact imitation; but have inspected several others when owners sent them to us to be rebuilt without calling first.

None of them were rebuildable.

There are LOTS of original made-in-the-USA carburetors which can be rebuilt available for the 235; but few for 99 dollars.

Of the advertisements I have seen, there are no specifications, no parts, only the seller's word that they will even fit the application, let alone work.

But your call.

Good luck.

Jon.

X38 likes this.
  10. 52HardTop

52HardTop

Let's see Bill, I have two 1938 or so Carter WA 1 carbs on my 54, 235. Jon set me up with two rebuilding kits for them, oh I don't know, some 10 plus years ago? They're still doing what they're supposed to do. Now on the other hand, you'll pay $99.00 each for two from chinah and then when they crap the linens you'll have to search out some original carbs and start all over again. Or, you could just do that in the first place. Seeing no one has told you they bought them, must mean, nobody bought them? I wonder why? You're getting good advice here. You might want to take advantage of it.

X38 likes this.
  11. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

thats why im asking !. but im not hearing much from people who tried them personally . i am sure that the last 3 maybe more , that i paid someone to rebuild were junk . before and after .and the 2 different local builders charged the same price they should have if they were good . if its not rebuildable or prts arent available then thats what it is !! but chinnese ,as japanese 40 yrs ago is getting better and better . sad but true !