Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects ‘29 Ford roadster deuce rails CAN-AUS build thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by jordabennett, Sep 18, 2018.

1. alchemy

alchemy

Yes, the late splash aprons are different than the early. If you want to be true to the look, you should use the splash aprons from the year of your car. The look originated because the splash aprons require lifting the body to remove them. They got left on during the quick strip-down at the lakes for the speed run, then the fenders were put back on for the trip home.

RICH B and waxhead like this.
  2. Scored this 39 trans yesterday and was hoping to gain some insight- I have been looking in vanpelts and it looks like it’s what I want- I’ve posted some photos below hoping to gain some insight. I did could the 1st gear tooth set and is 16 teeth. Any info would be greatly appreciated. IMG_1412.JPG
    IMG_1405.JPG
    IMG_1404.JPG
    IMG_1409.JPG
    IMG_1408.JPG
    IMG_1411.JPG
    IMG_1407.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

3. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hotrod/streetrod enthusiasts in America are so lucky to have very understanding people operating DMV/registration stations.

cactus1 and Spoggie like this.
  4. 303racer

303racer

Any more on the roadster?

5. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

I tore out a few elevators and I gave the cloth covered wiring to some old car guys. That wiring in these pictures is two different guages. The solid colours are 14 and the striped is 18.

6. mgermca

mgermca

Eastern Canada here, you have no idea how true this is.

ANY welding on a frame be it for repair or even boxing new frame rails requires a certified engineer to sign off on it. It will kill the traditional hot rod hobby in this neck of the woods.

7. 303racer

303racer