Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Annual fly-in

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Today is that one day each year when you get to the firehouse and they tell us we need to go to the airport for the annual fly in breakfast and air show. Usually a good time, and this year there's a taco truck right beside us!! There's old cars everywhere, I'll get pictures of the friendly stuff as the day goes by and i can walk away for a few minutes... 20211002_101342.jpg 20211002_101255.jpg 20211002_101323.jpg

2. Lloyd is our man on the ground!
    Post 'em up!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
  3. Yeah i know right!! I like tacos ;)

4. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Show us old airplanes…especially ones with radial engines… thanks.

5. Screw the airplanes show us tacos! ;)

Thanks for the pictures Lloyd, sounds and looks like a good way to spend the day!

6. This was my first ride in a Stearman biplane, it belonged to my friend Paul and I haven't experienced anything like it since that day. HRP

[​IMG]

7. Throw in some pics of the old planes please. The more wings the better....:D

8. 2935ford

2935ford

Open cockpit flying IS the bomb! :)

9. You can not please everyone. You are not a Taco.
    Says my daughter.

10. I'm sorry fellas, shot my load too soon. That was the only 3 vehicles there that met criteria :( but the tacos were amazing! And i didn't figure airplanes would go over very well or i would've taken some pictures. Trouble is, i can't tell an old airplane from a new airplane lmao! But it was fun. Showed my firetruck to what seemed like 300 kids!! They always enjoy it. :D

11. Budget36

Budget36

Damn, now I gotta hit the taco truck on the way to work.

I was doing soooo good.

12. j hansen

j hansen

Lloyd,,what the hell is this on the exhoust?? Skärmavbild 2021-10-03 kl. 07.47.23.png

13. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Taco warmer...:p

Lepus, alanp561, TFoch and 9 others like this.
  14. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lloyd did say he would try to get some Hamb Friendlies and I totally understand the difficulty achieving that...:oops:

I think it is either duel Gattling Guns or flame throwers...

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
  15. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It really made me smile, to see that Chevy firetruck. What are the chances, that Lloyd's truck and my 46 IHC, K-B 5, firetruck, are both made by the "Luverne Fire Apparatus company " of Brandon South Dakota, formerly of Luverne Minnesota. Thanks for posting Lloyd.
    fire truck DC-3 toledo (2).JPG IMG_2964 (4).jpg

16. 41fordor

41fordor

Best food truck name EVER:

"Atacolypse Now"

I was in traffic and couldn't get a photo.

alanp561, Elmo Rodge, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  17. I have no idea what that is, not my stuff, just a picture i took. Are you asking in a serious manner or just doing your police work?

Stogy, loudbang and dana barlow like this.
  18. If any of you feel that i have posted something offensive, feel free to report it or post it directly. I'm not an indirect kind of person. I knew if i posted a picture of an airplane, the HAMB patrol would have lost their fucking minds.

Stogy, Bob Lowry, chevy57dude and 5 others like this.
  19. Hey Dennis, that truck belongs to a Lexington firefighter. The story is, a guy had this firetruck collection, quite a few trucks from what i understand, and he passed away. His widow donated them to a fire museum in Kansas i believe. They didn't have room for all of them, so they had to put some up for sale. That's where this guy bought the truck. I should've gotten more pictures.

20. mickeyc

mickeyc

I went for a flight in a Stearman like the one pictured. It was a restored
    Navy trainer. Flew over the ocean from the Oceano Airport near Pismo
    Beach. The radial motor was a treat to sit behind and hear the roar up
    close. There was an original bare 1941 Stearman airframe undergoing
    a restoration in their hanger. The hundreds of hand welded ox/ act. joints were works of art done by a superb craftsman from the 40s.

alanp561, loudbang and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  21. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

I'm wondering if it had some of those flamethrower exhausts.

As long as the antique airplanes have wire wheels.............:D

22. j hansen

j hansen

I am serious.

Stogy, loudbang and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  23. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

alanp561, ekimneirbo, Stogy and 6 others like this.
  24. dmar836

dmar836

We ask the "car guys" to our airport breakfasts and fly-ins all the time. A lot of guys are into both.
    I'd be upset if on an airplane site there was a pic of a car mixed in and they got upset.

loudbang and Budget36 like this.
  25. The plane is indeed is a restored Navy trainer, and the radial engine sounded like a bunch of Harleys, I was amazed at how the plane was constructed, the air plane was basically built like a kite, the skeleton of the plane was covered with organic material such as cotton and cellulose nitrate dope modern fabric-covered designs usually use synthetic materials such as Dacron and butyrate dope for adhesive.

My first and only ride in the bi plane was the most exciting thing I ever did, Paul was a accomplished pilot, he also did stunt's but when he did a barrel roll and flew upside down I was screaming like a little girl, To this day I still enjoy seeing these vintage air planes, old car's, old motorcycles just seem to go together, after all they all made a significant impact in 1903 . HRP

26. Lol no idea man, didn't see that until you pointed it out.

loudbang, j hansen and Stogy like this.
  27. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Not if it's pre 1965 and no left arms are hanging out...

28. There's usually a lot of old cars there, of course it was shut down last year, but the years it has fallen on my shift it was a pleasure to me because of the cars. This year was restored British sports cars from the 70's and a few muscle cars.

29. dmar836

dmar836

Anyone in the KC area ever wants to go flying, or their kids, I'm free every day - all day! Not much open cockpit stuff but mostly vintage. Lot's of us just need excuses to go up!