Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Sooo. Mart's Old Rusty, then. What happened to it? Spoiler: It's under a tarp! 30A on 32 Rails!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mart, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Mart

Mart

Hi Folks thanks for dropping in to Mart's garage. Thanks to any and all that have donated to my daughter's charity fundraiser. It's very much appreciated. There's still a chance to give if you would like to, here is a link: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/katy-holden01
    My Model A Roadster on 32 rails, Old Rusty has been quoted as being influential and along with other cars being built at the time inspired people to have a go with what they had. The build was documented on my web site and on the fledgling HAMB in the early days of internet hot rodding. The poor old thing has been parked under a tarp in the front garden for a long time. Follow along as I try to get it running and into the garage before another winter sets in.

Tim, kidcampbell71, indyjps and 10 others like this.
  2. Geez Mart, at 2.00 minutes you say "the car is somewhat rough" o_O You forgotten what it looked like 20 odd years ago ? :D:D Well , the body then !!

3. NoSurf

NoSurf

Huge inspiration for me to build my coupe! I must have went through the old website 1000s of times.

Tim likes this.
  4. Mart

Mart

Ha ha, Yeah, Henry, the body was a bit rough when I bought it.

5. SPEC

SPEC

Looks neat to me!

6. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Fix the steering wheel!!!
    To the corrects left side,,,, really

'28phonebooth likes this.
  7. Another sleeping beauty awakens! Good job, Mart!
    Out of curiosity, how big is your garage? You seem to pack a lot into it.

8. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Nice to see the roadster out and about @Mart - I remember it from your old hot rod website - gee, I'm showing my age.

9. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Great job , mate

10. Mart

Mart

Thanks for all the replies, fellas.
    The video has proved popular. Lots of people must remember the car from the early days of hot rod internet content.
    Mart.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. I’ve loved this thing since you first put it together. Glad to see it back on the wrong side of the road.

Mart likes this.
  12. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I had wondered where that went off to! Looking forward to the video as always :)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    Mart likes this.