Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects And So It Begins

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Piewagn, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Mart

Mart

Congrats on a successful first drive. I would say, though, that 1/4" pipe is normally adequate for a street driven flathead. I'd mistrust the regulator.

Nicholas Coe, loudbang and Piewagn like this.
  2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I missed out on most of this build but you have done a wonderful job getting it together @Piewagn...High Fives and congrats on this huge Milestone...

Nicholas Coe, loudbang and Piewagn like this.
  3. Piewagn

Piewagn

Thanks Os! Thanks for hangin’ out and all the moral support.....some of you have been here from the beginning and it’s greatly appreciated!

4. Piewagn

Piewagn

Thanks Stinger! I knew there were guys lurking .....thanks for droppin’ in!

5. Piewagn

Piewagn

Appreciate it Patman! Time to enjoy it!

Big mike 1968, Stogy and loudbang like this.
  6. Piewagn

Piewagn

LB....you’ve been here since the beginning and were always a source of motivation....you were one of the guys encouraging the column shift.....thanks man!!

Stogy, Nicholas Coe and loudbang like this.
  7. Piewagn

Piewagn

Thanks Mart! Your videos are a plethora of information.....I was always thinking “what would Mart do?” You’re another that was here from the start!
    Yep....regulator is the first thing to go..... by the way.... I installed the hex head bolts in the carbs like you suggested.....it’s a breeze to get the bodies off now.....keep up the great work Mart! I’m always checkin’ in on your channel!

Tim, Stogy and loudbang like this.
  8. Piewagn

Piewagn

Thanks Stogy.....You’re another with a plethora of information and knowledge....would always search the the forums to see if you had any useful info.....most times you did.....keep contributing, you help a lot of beginners and novices.....my short falls came with the flathead and the Holley 94s, but with everything here, I always managed to find the info I needed! Keep providing your expertise, it’s more useful than you know!!

9. Damn, I have to drop away from the HAMB for a month and you get that beast running!?! Great job!

10. Piewagn

Piewagn

Thank you! Sorry you missed it....:D Still more to come though. I still have to install the hand brake. I aquired an under dash ratchet so I can still keep the floor clear...also will be making a removable tonneau cover for the roof. Thanks for hangin’ out through the process!

Big mike 1968, Stogy, brEad and 2 others like this.
  11. Piewagn

Piewagn

Well, she’s making her debut! No more overheating and puking issues.....installed a new radiator last night and she’s good to go! Happy weekend everyone!!
    56DC7099-2BA8-4DA9-BAD6-CB146541C982.jpeg

12. Looks great “in the wild”!

13. Osoty

Osoty
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Way to go man! I also agree, looks great in the wild. Go enjoy

14. Congratulations! Awesome work!

Piewagn, Stogy and loudbang like this.
  15. Mart

Mart

And so it begins...
    And so it ends...

It looks great, Pie, and it's been a great journey. Took the boss for a ride yet? It was good of him to make that workshop space available.

brEad, Piewagn, Nicholas Coe and 2 others like this.
  16. loudbang

loudbang

Back in the old days :)

1.jpg

17. Piewagn

Piewagn

Thanks fellas! You've all provided great support throughout! Believe me, it's been greatly appreciated! Thanks for all your input during this journey!

18. Piewagn

Piewagn

Thanks Mart!! he's on vacation in Maine right now, but he surely gets a good long cruise when he gets back! Thanks for all your tech info both here and on your YouTube channel, believe me....I'll be checking' in there because I'm sure to need more insight on the flattie!

19. Piewagn

Piewagn

Thanks LB! you've been here since the beginning providing inspiration from the start. It's been greatly appreciated...more than you know!!

20. patman

patman

Clearly you need to drive up there and give him a ride!

loudbang, Nicholas Coe and Piewagn like this.
  21. Piewagn

Piewagn

:D:D:D

loudbang and Nicholas Coe like this.
  22. Piewagn

Piewagn

Brand new bushings were shit....when I ordered them, I mistakenly thought they were urethane or something similar....nope, crappy rubber that gave up the ghost rather quickly! With some research I found Limeworks and they had these bronze beauties! It’s a different frigging car now!! Along with new front tires and she’s smooth as silk!!
    My brother brought his tig welder over and we made some mods to the new radiator.....cruises at 160deg now...
    I’m driving it to TROG this weekend....maybe I’ll see some of you there....have a great night fellas!!
    598C3E06-3644-4046-A94F-5A10543A9C51.jpeg 81E8B6D2-5595-457B-874C-E122A5A9141F.jpeg 9EC07E7E-97B1-44C4-B038-5A8A080F81B0.jpeg C46FE93B-9A12-4D4F-833E-D5ED4BDA04E0.jpeg DBC677ED-9A4B-49BC-8BBD-6C59B353411E.jpeg

23. Me likey! Have fun. Go kick some sand!

Piewagn, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  24. Wow....amazing stuff right there...

Thanks for taking us along on your journey

What's the next project on the docket???

25. Piewagn

Piewagn

Thanks Nick! Although it’s too late to actually race, I still wanna get on the beach and do some spectating and see what I need to compete in the future....still gonna be a fun time!

loudbang likes this.
  26. Piewagn

Piewagn

Thanks Mike! Nothing like putting some pressure on me....:D I think next up is putting some paint on Piewagon....then maybe juice brakes and a V8 for the Tudor. Thanks for stoppin’ by!

Nicholas Coe and loudbang like this.
  27. Big mike 1968

Big mike 1968

absolutely gorgeous

Piewagn and loudbang like this.
  28. RodStRace

RodStRace

For your trip, please pack some wrenches, pliers and cotter pins.
    Those bushings are better than stock, but will put more stress on other components, and a fresh build will always have something loosen up. Better to have and not need than...

29. Piewagn

Piewagn

Thanks Mike! Well received....drew a nice crowd all night!

Nicholas Coe and loudbang like this.
  30. Piewagn

Piewagn

Sage advice Rod! I always carry a tool bag with odds and ends.....spare coil. points and distributor....it's my travel pack! Thanks for your concern!