Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Shipping

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bhemi, Sep 28, 2021.

1. bhemi

bhemi

Fastenal is not currently shipping across the USA. They have divided the country down the middle and you can't ship from east coast to west coast. I need a pair of '37 Buick front fenders shipped from 08318 to 98281. Basically New Jersey to Washington State. what are the best alternatives?

2. greybeard360

greybeard360

Greyhound bus.

stillrunners and Special Ed like this.
  3. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I agree . I shipped a pair of rear ‘36 Ford fenders from Oregon to Virginia . Made my own boxes and filled with foam panels . May take awhile as mine sat in LA and Vegas . 14 days took four weeks . $123.00 total. UPS wanted $416.00 to ship and Fastenal is not shipping coast to coast .

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    Hnstray likes this.
  4. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Oh by the way , each transfer had to wait via a bus heading the right direction that had room enough in the cargo hold for the box .

Hnstray likes this.

5. I have used bus freight for stuff like that many times. Use bike boxes or cut down appliance boxes. Make it as easy to handle as you can. Sent glass 32 front fenders to GA one time for $20 and a couple days time

Special Ed likes this.
  6. Those fenders are really large, and may exceed the Greyhound size limit. I would check with any of the HAMB haulers to see if they are moving a car and have room. Their season is winding down now though. Rail may be another option.

7. nickleone

nickleone

Greyhound size limits 82x47x29 100# max each box. Tracking a package is very bad .
    Pickup at Bus terminal , delivery not reliable to business or home.
    22 years in shipping business.

Nick

8. poncho catalina

poncho catalina
    from summit il

I have also used Greyhound. Was by far the cheapest. takes a little longer. tracking is bad. My fenders were to go to a small terminal, ended up at the down town terminal. When they did not show up at the right terminal I called the downtown terminal and they said they had them.

Hnstray likes this.